Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Horrible FPS

17 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

No, XP11 has far more stuttering that P3DV5.3. and Vulkan seems to be worse at times than OpenGl. Only stuttering I get with P3D is when AI traffic gets heavy,Live Traffic which is understandable. I dont mess with this HT stuff. 5.3 is very smooth.

Well, that may be, but I just don´t notice the stuttering that much if the FPS stay above 30.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

24 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I am using the default 1048575 AF, which seems to match my processor.

HF is on and I notice that the additional threads are actually being used by the simulator. Most of the bars on P3D´s settings are at 80% or thereabouts and I limit the sim to 30fps via NVCP.

Do you run at 4k? If so, that 20% GPU usage is clearly showing that P3D is horribly optimized when compared to other simulators and games. That should ideally be 90-100%.

Agreed but worth trying with HT off as it makes the CPU run cooler. I can overclock my i7-8086K to 5.1 on 3 cores; 4.9 on the others.

LM have said this AF setting is very much in experimental mode. Further refinements may come with time.

Yes, I run at 4K and the GPU is only really taxed with DL on. Otherwise it's very under-utilised.

I see you have FT YSSY. Turn off the dynamic people. They're a huge fps hit.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Affirmative

Mine says 245 for my i7 6700k.  Seems to work OK.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

Do you run at 4k? If so, that 20% GPU usage is clearly showing that P3D is horribly optimized when compared to other simulators and games. That should ideally be 90-100%

Odd. At the moment, PMDG 737NGX, ActiveSky, EA on VC off. my gpu usage is at 83% and as high as 100%. CPU varies from 30 to 50%.Unlocked Fr at 70fps. 2560 resolution.

Edited by Adrian123

9 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Mine says 245 for my i7 6700k.  Seems to work OK.

That's a 4 core with HT enabled so 8 virtual processors. That translates to 11110101

So you are only using two of the first four virtual processors. Try 253 which will use 7 out of 8.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am not sure but I probably found something. I need to do more flights to see if its really that I guess it is.

Can someone of the guys who are affected by the sudden stutters/FPS drops answer, if you are using REX SkyForce and/or REX SkyForce Cloud Sync Mode.

REX SkyForce is changing the Cloud Models, based in \P53D\Weather\clouds.

I did some reinstallation of the 5.3 Client, which also regenerates the standard Cloud Models and did my test flight (3 times) again EDDM-LSGG with AS historical weather on and REX SkyForce Cloud Sync on.

No issue at all.

I than run REX SkyForce Cloud Model installation again, did the same flight again and during Pushback the stutter/fps drops starts.

Next will be to crosscheck this by installing the default cloud models again to see if its happening again.

Probably someone can check it too, to restored default cloud models.

Can also just be a coincidence: D

Happy New Year to everybody!

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

@Rob_Ainscough,

Thanks, but disabling cores just for P3D and then re-enabling them when using something else does not sound very practical.  

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
long quoted post removed.
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

28 minutes ago, Flyinggok said:

I am not sure but I probably found something. I need to do more flights to see if its really that I guess it is.

Can someone of the guys who are affected by the sudden stutters/FPS drops answer, if you are using REX SkyForce and/or REX SkyForce Cloud Sync Mode.

REX SkyForce is changing the Cloud Models, based in \P53D\Weather\clouds.

I did some reinstallation of the 5.3 Client, which also regenerates the standard Cloud Models and did my test flight (3 times) again EDDM-LSGG with AS historical weather on and REX SkyForce Cloud Sync on.

No issue at all.

I than run REX SkyForce Cloud Model installation again, did the same flight again and during Pushback the stutter/fps drops starts.

Next will be to crosscheck this by installing the default cloud models again to see if its happening again.

Probably someone can check it too, to restored default cloud models.

Can also just be a coincidence: D

Happy New Year to everybody!

I don’t use any REX products. 1/4 of v5.3 sessions suffered from the sudden/permanent FPS drop/freeze. I was using EA ON (Volumetric Clouds OFF), ASP3D/ASCA.

Since upgrading to v5.1 HF1.1 no issues, but I have been running EA OFF. 

• Like 1

Whatever its worth to you GC, I was experiencing same problems...i completely wiped out my drives and started 5.3 install completely fresh. The other thing that helped was going ea on and vol clouds off. I am now 30fps smooth with aig ai just about everywhere. Heck its the first time ive ever had road traffic on in my settings. Maybe consider biting the bullet and start from scratch and hopefully you will see same results.

Edited by ywg256

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

6 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

Whatever its worth to you GC, I was experiencing same problems...i completely wiped out my drives and started 5.3 install completely fresh. I am now 30fps smooth with aig ai just about everywhere. Heck its the first time ive ever had road traffic on in my settings. Maybe consider biting the bullet and start from scratch and hopefully you will see same results.

Yeah, well I started from scratch 2 days ago. 

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Not sure what you're talking about, these are entries in the Prepar3d.cfg nothing to do with "re-enabling them when using something else"?

Ah, ok. Thought that would be a bios change or something similar. 

While road traffic was improved with HF1 I still find some hick ups on some places.....better but...

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

56 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Yeah, well I started from scratch 2 days ago. 

Have you tried with ht off? I find ht off works better than on for me. 

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

6 hours ago, Flyinggok said:

Not using either and still getting it. 

Eric 

Seems volumetric clouds is overloading my GPU.

with volumetric clouds off I can fly without problems and I see gpu power of 170 -200 W when I enable volumetric clouds I have 280 -310 W and after about 1 hour crash of my whole system.

same settings , same plane, same weather same flight.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT