Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Horrible FPS

27 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, I was experimenting with removing some of the MK EFHK sat*.bgl to see if that made any difference, it didn't.  Dropping Autogen Scenery draw distance is the only option that worked.   No idea why this location has this problem?  I was testing TE GB on extreme, no issues at all, very very smooth.

Anyway, passed info along to LM.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, does this confirm that the cause of the MK EHFK bug in V5.3 is completely unrelated to the subject of this thread?

I always use Medium Scenery Draw Distance and continue to reproduce the bug being discussed in this thread in the 215+ posts P3D forum thread. 

I can’t wrap my head around the fact that I can fly between two airports with perfect performance (as I always experienced in V5.0+ and upon repeating the identical flight again (to test this very bug) I suddenly encounter my FPS alternating between 0 and 100+

How can an identical v5.3HF1.1 .exe behave so differently between sessions/restarts?

Not to mention yourself a few others who seem unable to reproduce this at all. Although that appears to be a minority of users who are free of this problem, as there are dozens of users who reported the same bug in V5.3+

Edited by PinkPony
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, I was experimenting with removing some of the MK EFHK sat*.bgl to see if that made any difference, it didn't.  Dropping Autogen Scenery draw distance is the only option that worked.   No idea why this location has this problem?  I was testing TE GB on extreme, no issues at all, very very smooth.

Anyway, passed info along to LM.

Cheers, Rob.

Try removing/relocating the .agn files away from the MK_EFHK/texture folder so they aren't loaded and see if it improves. It may just be that there's a lot of trees placed in the satellite photo area. Lowering the draw distance will reduce the total number of trees visible and so the CPU has to do less.

The tree autogen library for P3D was at some point converted to PBR by LM, this might cause some performance discrepancy between users as many run ORBX Tree replacement products which aren't PBR converted (ORBX users will probably see better performance).

Edited by G MIDY

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

As I noted in a previous post, I also have the issue of low FPS at other airports in North America. I happened to stumble on finding that if I reboot immediately before using P3D, the FPS drops are gone. I am in the process of capturing what applications are in memory (via Task Manager) and comparing a capture with low FPS to normal FPS after reboot. Has anybody else found this to be a fact or is this unique to my system?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Thanks Rob! While I don't have either of the other two sims, I run Photoshop with large files and don't seem to have the performance problem that P3D. I do have Norton and will research how to install on a USB stick.

Have a great weekend!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Thanks @Rob_Ainscough

After putting Medium on Autogen the stutters at EFHK by MK Studios and on the ESGP  have disappeared.

I normally use Hight and have not encountered any stutters issues in the other scenarios.

• Upvote 1

For whatever it's worth I get significant stutters with autogen at max at simwings EDDF. I do have custom autogen/photoscenery installed so that could also play a part. When i drop to very dense the stutters go away.

• Upvote 1

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

11 hours ago, pgde said:

As I noted in a previous post, I also have the issue of low FPS at other airports in North America. I happened to stumble on finding that if I reboot immediately before using P3D, the FPS drops are gone. I am in the process of capturing what applications are in memory (via Task Manager) and comparing a capture with low FPS to normal FPS after reboot. Has anybody else found this to be a fact or is this unique to my system?

same for me. 

as I mentioned I found that my CPU is not boosting anymore when this issue happens. which causes the stutter because the CPU cannot keep up.

most times when it occures a complete shutdown and reboot solves the issue.  I can see it in hwinfo while sitting at the gate:

issue : Max boost clocks of 3 - 3.2 GHz

restart same gate same plane,...: 4.3- 5.0 GHz 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Another four flights in V5.3 HF1

Three uneventful, while during the fourth I once again encountered the sudden/permanent FPS fluctuations/drops/freeze from 0 - 100+ FPS. This time cruising at FL380 near KBUF in the FSL A321. I was forced to save the scenario and restart P3D.

FSLabs have announced that they will not be releasing the A320 Family V5.1HF1.1 compatibility update to their public release channel, until LM sorts this bug out (the  comparability update is already available through the experimental channel). 

That was unfortunately my last time using V5.3 HF1.1, such a shame and very frustrating considering how well it performs when it doesn’t suddenly turn into a slideshows.

Back to V5.1 HF1 for now.

• Like 1

Reverted to 5.2 HF1 client but now autogen is not working at all, what did I miss?

On 1/7/2022 at 5:46 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

I resolved the pauses and stutters at EFHK ... setting my Autogen Scenery Draw Distance to Medium = very smooth, High = some stutters, Very High = many stutters and a few pauses, Extreme = long pauses and stutters.

I don't know why this specific area around EFHK, I don't have this problem in other areas at Extreme?

For those of you have pauses/stutters, can you do a test flight with your Autogen Scenery Draw Distance slider set to Medium and report back ... I know this is NOT a fix, but I'm just trying to identify a possible issue tied to Autogen Scenery Draw Distance (this would be a batch problem).  Please report back.

Cheers, Rob.

Guys Ive been following this post for awhile now and did see a comment somewhere on it about changing the Effects sliders.

Whilst I dont have EFHK theres been times in the past where I have clear and obvious stuttering at set bearings if I go to spot view and keep panning around and around, the sim would freeze around the same direction.  During past tests if I switched the effects off in the P3D menu the freezes / stutters immediately stopped.  Try it at EFHK then you should know if its a scenery problem or a dodgy effect file somewhere in that direction.

Regards

Chris Ibbotson

Edited by cj-ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I’ll add my name to the list of people with FPS drops/stutters. Did a clean install on a SSD. Tried a flight out of KSDF and KIND (add ons) FSL A320. 9900k, 2080TI. P3D on cores 1-5, EZCA, UTL, Coulati (GSX) and AS on 6-7 with Process Lasso. Windows 11. Starts out smooth, sometimes FPS drops/stutters happen 20-30 minutes in, sometimes later, multiple CTD. Also have ORBX NA installed but not Vectors. I would be happy to screenshot all processes/add ons/settings etc and forward to appropriate people to isolate the problem. I have some suspects but it would be unfair to a developer to say “I think this add on is the problem” without any actual evidence to back it up.

Every time I see one of these threads my typical attitude is to think with regards to the poster “this is a YOU problem, stop complaining” and roll on past, but not counting my sublogic Commodore 64 days I’ve been at this off and on for 20 or so years and this one has me stumped. 

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

On 1/3/2022 at 2:44 PM, mwa05 said:

I use studio drivers only and am on the latest 472.84 (3080Ti) and I quite literally have flown all around the world over the last week or so with 5.3 HF1+1 using the PMDG 777 and FSLabs A320 almost daring the issue to occur including real time long haul SYD-SIN and SIN-ZRH (777) and DOH-HEL (A320) and nothing.

I use EA On, VOL Off, with ASP3D 8027 with ASCA and the TOGA products with GSX, and I have all Orbx Global Products.

I would not normally come onto a thread to state I don’t have a problem as I know that is annoying to those who do and are trying to solve it (a bit like saying my car is stolen and someone else saying well my car is not stolen - it takes you nowhere!) but I can confirm no issues on Nvidia Studio Drivers, and can back that in with more than 40 hours of real time 5.3 HF1+1 flying (as I am home in an empty house as my wife and children are overseas visiting her mother who due COVID they have not seen for 2 years). 

So I have been able to have a sim-a-thon.

Mark

So to quote myself, in the interest of full disclosure, it has now happened to me. At the gate at Fly Tampa Sydney to fly to Hobart in the FSLabs A320. All of a sudden I had an awful lag doing pre-flight and looking at my GPU, it was idling where normally it would be at about 40%. CPU was normal but giving me 2FPS or 10FPS or 32FPS… it was very odd and despite all my efforts to clear in sim to save the flight, I could not. I am now on my way after re-booting.

5 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Some concerns I have is that one of the files flagged to be disabled was identified as being from Orbx Vector which I do NOT have installed?

I believe what he means is you should rename those files only if a custom EFHK scenery and/or Vector is present.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

1 hour ago, mwa05 said:

So to quote myself, in the interest of full disclosure, it has now happened to me. At the gate at Fly Tampa Sydney to fly to Hobart in the FSLabs A320. All of a sudden I had an awful lag doing pre-flight and looking at my GPU, it was idling where normally it would be at about 40%. CPU was normal but giving me 2FPS or 10FPS or 32FPS… it was very odd and despite all my efforts to clear in sim to save the flight, I could not. I am now on my way after re-booting.

If you are familar with YSSY FT could you try ILS34R and take S to B10 on C and notice if the FPS/Stutter appears ?Mostly looking at the domestic/tower from S/B10.

I use AustraliaV2 with FT YSSY only.

Maybe its downtown loading in.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

8 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Quick update and many thanks to the MK Studios developer ... renaming 3 files solved the pauses at EFHK.

Thread at Orbx forum with solution:

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/208690-efhk-stutters-mk-studios/?do=findComment&comment=1793918

Unlisted video showing it as resolved:

Some concerns I have is that one of the files flagged to be disabled was identified as being from Orbx Vector which I do NOT have installed? 

MK Studio's developer has provided LM with this information so hopefully the problem can be identified.

I think we are indeed narrowing down the problem ... fingers crossed.

Cheers, Rob.

The CVX5410.bgl default file in the 601 folder is a LM file not an Orbx one thats why you have it. It is causing issues with stuttering and having just tested in the very area thats been causing stutters at Helsinki turning the default P3D file off ie cvx5410(along with the other two) immediately stopped all stutters. However that file controls the coastline generation around Helsinki so i am reinstalling vector to see if its file causes issues as well and to get the coastline back. If you have tuned off cvx5410.bgl and do not have Vector installed you will have no coastline south of Helsinki ask me how i know lol.hence why they are saying only turn it off "if you have vector installed" otherwise you will lose all coastline visuals.

Given the bgl issue at Tampa and now this one im starting to think significant issues are being caused by default scenery files and maybe LM should be doing an audit on ALL the default scenery to rule out any issues like this.

.PS Just done three tests and can confirm with vector installed and the default cvx5410.bgl disabled all stutters are gone and we have a coastline..lol

Edited by DEHowie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Darren Howie