Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Horrible FPS

3 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Given the bgl issue at Tampa and now this one im starting to think significant issues are being caused by default scenery files and maybe LM should be doing an audit on ALL the default scenery to rule out any issues like this.

I recommend you post this on the LM forum. Under the Hardware subforum there is massively long thread on the stuttering. 

Eric 

24 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Please note I use "might" and "could" these are not definitive.

Cheers, Rob.

I would add, "hopeful". Really want to get 5.3 client installed once this is nailed down. 

Eric 

19 hours ago, IUBrian said:

I’ll add my name to the list of people with FPS drops/stutters. Did a clean install on a SSD. Tried a flight out of KSDF and KIND (add ons) FSL A320. 9900k, 2080TI. P3D on cores 1-5, EZCA, UTL, Coulati (GSX) and AS on 6-7 with Process Lasso. Windows 11. Starts out smooth, sometimes FPS drops/stutters happen 20-30 minutes in, sometimes later, multiple CTD. Also have ORBX NA installed but not Vectors. I would be happy to screenshot all processes/add ons/settings etc and forward to appropriate people to isolate the problem. I have some suspects but it would be unfair to a developer to say “I think this add on is the problem” without any actual evidence to back it up.

Every time I see one of these threads my typical attitude is to think with regards to the poster “this is a YOU problem, stop complaining” and roll on past, but not counting my sublogic Commodore 64 days I’ve been at this off and on for 20 or so years and this one has me stumped. 

Welcome to the club 🙂 If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest/ask you post over here as well - https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6315&t=143918&start=240. There's a bunch of us trying to troubleshoot and assist LM with testing. They've indicated they're trying to reproduce and track the issue.

Cheers

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

well just got hit with the bug for my 3rd time.  the other two were immediately after pushback.  This one was during descent a ways out.  I was able to get to about just landing.  But every 10-15 sec it would completely freeze for about 5 seconds.  But when it unfroze each time it was like the freeze was just on my end, but during the freeze itself time was still passing.  Not sure if that makes sense.  But when it would unfreeze I would slightly be in an upset postion even though right when the freeze began I was perfectly configured on final approach.  My regret is that I totally forgot to try and turn the effects off.  Next person who finds themselves in this freeze please attempt to turn effects off.  

-Approach to CYEG (Fsimstudios and orbx regional)

-Majestic Q400 Pro. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Is it A possibility that lm will work with us to repost the previous content and scenery version?. Or just the whole academic zip?  Since I just rebuilt my computer I lose my old installers. So I can get the legacy 5.2 client. But nothing else. Will it cause problems to keep the content and scenery most current but roll back the client?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

21 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

If you are familar with YSSY FT could you try ILS34R and take S to B10 on C and notice if the FPS/Stutter appears ?Mostly looking at the domestic/tower from S/B10.

I use AustraliaV2 with FT YSSY only.

Maybe its downtown loading in.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Hi Michael,

No issue just trying that. Disclaimer is I have Orbx Cityscape Sydney so I don’t know if that disables any default files? Notwithstanding my issue (for the first time) last night.

Like everyone else, I am at a loss and interesting the file fix for MK Studios EFHK in this thread did not work for me, but lowering Autogen from High to Medium did!

I don’t think this is going to be an issue users can uncover I am afraid!

Cheers, Mark

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 1:19 AM, Ikarus280 said:

I am running 4xSSAA with an ultrawide resolution 3440x1440 on a GTX 1080ti, and the dynamic lighting has an extreme performance impact.

At better optimized dynamic lighting airports (or the dynamic lighting mods by inibuilds) I can still manage though at an acceptable framerate. It depends on the scenery developer on what kind of technique they have used while implementing the lights.. 

The perfect example of this is gayasim/orbx.  

14ppkc-6.png

Guys.  Looks like we are going off topic from the main 5.3 bug and talking about scenery specific bugs.  Maybe we should create separate topics for those?  

PS: Can we confirm that 5.3.12.28072 is also effected by this bug?

Edited by micstatic

What I'm seeing here are a couple almost common themes:

1. Folks using 4K resolution, and/or

2. Folks using very highly detailed payware airports, and/or

3. Folks using very complex payware aircraft

The only time I get a bit of stuttering is when I'm at a complex stock airport like KLAX with 100+ AI aircraft, and then the stuttering is brief and occasional.

The more you tax your hardware using high resolution graphics, highly complex and detailed airports and scenery, and highly complex and detailed airplanes, the more issue you are likely to have.

I haven't even touched on what graphics settings some people are using or what other software they are running concurrently with the sim.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

@dave2013 #2 and 3 I don't think apply as this has been documented on a clean vanilla installation without payware.  IE flying the F-35. This isn't a problem of people getting poor FPS.  This is an intermittent bug that you may have to take 10-20 flights just to see even once.  Once it hits it's crippling and makes any flight virtually impossible without a restart.  The latest I've seen on the p3d forum shows mention of event viewer showing what could be signs of a possible memory leak when this bug strikes.  This could be an interesting development if it tests out. 

IMHO I think this has something to do with GSX or the Couatl Engine. I have never suffered this problem at all since installing 5.3 and both Hot Fixes until now. Everything has been fantastically smooth!!

I haven't used GSX for quite a while until today when I purchased FSDT Euroairport Basel on sale at Simmarket. Unfortunately, it wouldn't install unless GSX was installed in the

simulator so I downloaded and installed GSX and GSXL2 and activated them both. I then loaded the sim into my default airport of EGGP and while stood at the parking position

I started playing with the settings in the GSX menu. Suddenly I noticed the simulator was extremely slow in responding - view changes were taking 4 to 5 seconds as was any 

response to key presses. I looked over at my GPU monitoring software and it showed that my GPU load was 0%, which I have never seen before. The simulator was unusable and the only

way I could cure it was to exit and reload. The next flight so far has been ok, but it just seems too much of a coincidence that I have never seen this problem at all until loading and activating GSX.

I will report if I have any further problems, at which point GSX will be binned again. Do all of you who have this problem use GSX? Just my 2 cents. 😕

Edited by Caveney737

4 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

IMHO I think this has something to do with GSX or the Couatl Engine. I have never suffered this problem at all since installing 5.3 and both Hot Fixes until now. Everything has been fantastically smooth!!

I haven't used GSX for quite a while until today when I purchased FSDT Euroairport Basel on sale at Simmarket. Unfortunately, it wouldn't install unless GSX was installed in the

simulator so I downloaded and installed GSX and GSXL2 and activated them both. I then loaded the sim into my default airport of EGGP and while stood at the parking position

I started playing with the settings in the GSX menu. Suddenly I noticed the simulator was extremely slow in responding - view changes were taking 4 to 5 seconds as was any 

response to key presses. I looked over at my GPU monitoring software and it showed that my GPU load was 0%, which I have never seen before. The simulator was unusable and the only

way I could cure it was to exit and reload. The next flight so far has been ok, but it just seems to much of a coincidence that I have never seen this problem at all until loading and activating GSX.

I will report if I have any further problems, at which point GSX will be binned again. Do all of you who have this problem use GSX? Just my 2 cents. 😕

I think most of us use GSX.  But this problem I believe has been documented on the P3D forum to have occurred in a clean no addon p3d...

Just now, micstatic said:

I think most of us use GSX.  But this problem I believe has been documented on the P3D forum to have occurred in a clean no addon p3d...

Maybe GSX is exacerbating the problem. Just seems strange that I had never had it before using GSX.

I'm probably in the minority here, but after experiencing the intermittent pauses/wild GPU usage fluctuations with 5.3, I'm no longer getting them on 5.3 HF1.1.  I know it's a small sample size, but during three of the first five flights I did on 5.3 the pauses appeared out of nowhere (either during climb out, just after TOC or in the descent).  I've done six flights so far with 5.3 HF1.1 and they have not reappeared (running same hardware and software as I was previously).  For reference, I got the pauses on 5.3 using different aircraft (FSL, NGXu, 777) all the while running ASP3D, ASCA, GSX, Chaseplane, Navigraph Simulink, Parallel 42 Immersion Manager, various large payware airports and all ORBX regions (except Vector).    

Maybe I haven't done enough flights to trigger it again, but I'm a bit lost for the sudden reversal in sim performance as others still seem to have the pauses occurring on 5.3 HF1.1.  The only thing I did differently this time when installing 5.3 HF1.1 was deleting all of the various LM sub-folders located in the %/AppData/Local, %/AppData/Roaming and I believe a folder or two on the C:/ drive after completely uninstalling P3D.  I left the root P3D and Add-Ons folder alone and then reinstalled 5.3 HF1.1.  Maybe I got lucky this time, but I will keep doing more flights in different regions/aircraft to see if the pauses return.    

Edited by puukart14

P3D V5.4 | Windows 10 | MSI X670E Tomahawk | AMD 7800X3D | GSkill 64GB DDR5 6000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING | ASUS PG348Q 34" Ultrawide | Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo | EKWB 360 AIO | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6

2 hours ago, Caveney737 said:

Maybe GSX is exacerbating the problem. Just seems strange that I had never had it before using GSX.

I’ve been using GSX for years and don’t have any stuttering issues whatsoever.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather