Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Horrible FPS

22 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

[...]many users think Envtex and Envshade do not have anything to bring to EA mode, while it's still compatible and still enhance a lot your sim environment actually.

They don't if I cannot even get Envdir to start!

Honestly, I'd much prefer if we could just have Envtex, Envshade and Envsound run as separate standalone programs. Envdir issues (despite trying all of the possible fixes on your forums) mean I have many GBs of Toga files on my SSD that I can't do anything with. [/rant]

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

@kmax59

I am very happy with Envtex / Endir / Envshade and sound.
It works very well in my 5.3 HF1. and makes everything look even better.

• Like 2

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

3 hours ago, kmax59 said:

Well, I'm sorry but that's totally wrong.  I am the main developer of these products, so I quite know what I am talking about 😅

That's not because PBR was implemented that Envtex and/or Envshade do not work properly anymore. The precipitation effects are enhanced by Envtex on the shader side, so the PBR is absolutely unaffected and perfectly works with Envtex precipitation effects. The same applies for all the other textures.

Same thing for Envshade, all these tweaks perfectly work with EA ON. Only the tweaks for legacy sky and clouds do not work with EA (legacy clouds tweaks works perfectly with EA ON + legacy clouds). Envshade still enhances lighting, shadowing, haze, fog, etc even with EA mode.

That's why I posted my previous message: many users think Envtex and Envshade do not have anything to bring to EA mode, while it's still compatible and still enhance a lot your sim environment actually.

I stand corrected then. You are right, there is a lot of misconception about TOGA and EA. Guess I will give Envshade another shot then with EA. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Eric 

TOGA announced that they will have "extremely good news in a days time" regarding EA. 

A week has passed since that announcement.  Hopefully they'll have something soon.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

Honestly, I'd much prefer if we could just have Envtex, Envshade and Envsound run as separate standalone programs. Envdir issues (despite trying all of the possible fixes on your forums) mean I have many GBs of Toga files on my SSD that I can't do anything with. [/rant]

I'm sorry you're having issues with Envdir, there is a thread on the forum about this, only a very small % of users met this problem that we can't replicate. We're doing our best to solve it, but we can't without you guys. I've posted a test version on the forum, nobody replied, so I guessed this one was the good one. Please post your specs, (windows, simulator(s) etc) on this topic on our forum please 😉

8 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

TOGA announced that they will have "extremely good news in a days time" regarding EA. 

A week has passed since that announcement.  Hopefully they'll have something soon.

Dave

We'll have something soon, yes 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

3 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

I've posted a test version on the forum, nobody replied,

Where is this located on your forums, please? I cannot find this test version over there.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

Well said, I agree 100% !

It is a thundering disgrace that we have to faff about trying to get a program to run, especially after paying good money for it.

Come on Toga, fix this ongoing problem once and for all, or refund what we have paid for a non-performing product.

27 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Where is this located on your forums, please? I cannot find this test version over there.

Here you go: https://www.togaprojects.com/forum/envdir/envdir-1-3-2-3-don-t-start-after-ubdate/p-2

25 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

Well said, I agree 100% !

It is a thundering disgrace that we have to faff about trying to get a program to run, especially after paying good money for it.

Come on Toga, fix this ongoing problem once and for all, or refund what we have paid for a non-performing product.

Envdir and all associated products are not "non-performing" products, it that was the case they would not be part, if not the most, popular texture and shader products for P3D. There are tens of thousands of Envdir working without a single issue.
A bug can be caused by millions of things, it does not necessarily means it comes from the product itself. Not that it is users fault, but nobody in the world can expect each single PC specs and configuration, we always solve issues when we can, if you're also affected by a CTD issue, please post on our forum as well 🙂

Maxime
TOGA projects

I am totally frustrated too.

I upgraded MB and CPU and when I came back to P3D after upgrading to the newer v5.3HF1+1 Envdir would not start.

I tried everything mentioned and contacted Simmarket too who said it wasn"t their fault and to contact TOGA. I sent a ticket to TOGA and posted in the forum and have not heard anything.

Very annoying...  

another one of my buddies has the same problem too I found out.

Edited by aerostar

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

2 hours ago, kmax59 said:

Envdir and all associated products are not "non-performing" products,

As far as I am concerned, as a customer, it most certainly is a 'non performing' product. What else would you call a program that does not perform as described ? ie. does not even open/run ??

There are tens of thousands of Envdir working without a single issue.

And the relevance of that is? There are also many, many customers for who Envdir is NOT working, as your forum attests to.

we always solve issues when we can

This issue has been around for quite some time now and still not solved, so can we assume that your caveat 'when we can' implies that Toga is incapable of solving this problem?

Hey Mods, any chance we can split off all these ENVDIR/TOGA posts into another post...they don't really have anything to do with the topic at hand which was more or less staying on topic. 

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

2 hours ago, aerostar said:

I am totally frustrated too.

I upgraded MB and CPU and when I came back to P3D after upgrading to the newer v5.3HF1+1 Envdir would not start.

I tried everything mentioned and contacted Simmarket too who said it wasn"t their fault and to contact TOGA. I sent a ticket to TOGA and posted in the forum and have not heard anything.

Very annoying...  

another one of my buddies has the same problem too I found out.

I would like to clarify that I really liked Envtex/shade and miss it....  probably that"s why I got a bit annoyed.  It is a good product...

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

15 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Hey Mods, any chance we can split off all these ENVDIR/TOGA posts into another post...they don't really have anything to do with the topic at hand which was more or less staying on topic. 

Thanks

Agreed, just wanted to advise someone who talked about our products, not to turn this into a support topic

27 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

As far as I am concerned, as a customer, it most certainly is a 'non performing' product. What else would you call a program that does not perform as described ? ie. does not even open/run ??

And the relevance of that is? There are also many, many customers for who Envdir is NOT working, as your forum attests to.

This issue has been around for quite some time now and still not solved, so can we assume that your caveat 'when we can' implies that Toga is incapable of solving this problem?

I totally understand the frustration here. I am myself a simmer before being a developer, but in all honesty, how would you solve an issue that you can't replicate and that absolutely NOBODY gives feedback when needed? You could not, just like us. Our code is clean, Florian looked after all possibilities, if a CTD happen, it is without any doubt a config problem or a conflict somewhere, but we need the users who are affected by the issue and there's not so many users having issues, most of the time it's due to edited reg keys, antivirus etc. The BIG one, which is not due to known culprits, we can't replicate it and only a few users are affected, as our forum attests to.

I'd suggest to follow and post into the topic I sent in my previous post, this would be much more helpful rather than hijacking this topic that is going the wrong way.

Hope to see you guys in our forum, I'd be pleased to help there.

Edited by kmax59

Maxime
TOGA projects

rather than hijacking this topic that is going the wrong way.

I agree and this will be my last post on this topic here.

I'd suggest to follow and post into the topic I sent in my previous post, this would be much more helpful

I have posted on the forum within many of the threads pertinent to users having problem with Envdir and my post was ignored.

Edited by Sparkrite

I know there are a few here that have their hands on a build that LM were trying to resolve the issue, anyone able to comment on any potential progress? 

Sadly this isn't one of those clear cut easily reproducible issues so imagine event testing the proposed fixed is a challenge in of itself.  

Hoping there is good news soon. 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg