Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Destroy All Monsters!

One of my favorite guilty pleasures, I watched this movie anytime it was on because it had everything a kid could want. Godzilla and a ton of other famous monsters, heart thumping martial music, multiple attacks on major cities, aliens, a ufo, moon bases, rocket ships....

Essentially, this movie threw in everything and the kitchen sink, and I loved the battles between the human spaceship and the alien ufo.....

It was in regular rotation on weekends every few months in New York, I think on channel 11.

Memories.

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

"Video is age restricted" LOL!  I love the Kaiju genre and series such as Ultraman, UltraSeven etc. I always love the monster fight scenes when the combatants take on human characteristics.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Roger Ramjet said:

"Video is age restricted"

Yeah, some here might have to click on the lower left corner where it says "Watch on YouTube", if they are curious.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

And when I click the link to YouTube, I get a message saying it's not available in my country. 

16 minutes ago, goates said:

And when I click the link to YouTube, I get a message saying it's not available in my country. 

Ouch.

Of course, besides getting ad-free Avsim, getting around such restrictions is the only good use I have for my VPN!

• Like 1

Devons rig

1 hour ago, Roger Ramjet said:

Ultraman

I LOVED Ultraman!  "HIYATA!!"  I love how Ultraman usually got his rear end kicked early in the fight as his energy ran out, then recharged himself & won the day.  I also loved that the Science Patrol drove around in Chevy Corvairs.  My mother had a Corvair back then; to this day, I cannot forgive Ralph Nader for writing "Unsafe At Any Speed" 😾

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Ouch.

Of course, besides getting ad-free Avsim, getting around such restrictions is the only good use I have for my VPN!

Yep, VPNs are quite handy. I find regional restrictions quite silly. 

Even as a kid I wondered where Johnny Sako's giant robot kept all the fuel for his rocket pack.

Good stuff

I just watched a clip , this is funny stuff !! .

11 minutes ago, johnbow72 said:

I just watched a clip , this is funny stuff !! .

At 38 minutes into Destroy all Monsters is one of the big centerpieces of the film, where multiple monsters attack Tokyo. Micheal Bay would be proud. Splosions! Boom! badda Boom!!! 🙃

Precursor of the big disaster movies that would come decades later.

Hopelessly dated now, it certainly made me bounce as a kid.

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

I just got my bluray copy of "Godzilla on Monster Island."  I know have all of the new and old Godzilla movies.  These movies for me are like a old, favorite blanket as I remember watching them on TV, growing up in the Bronx in the 60's and 70's. The same is true for all the Abbot and Costello movies, the Munsters, McHales Navy, Hogan's Heroes, and, of course, Star Trek.  Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California

• Like 1

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California