Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

PMDG delays P3D updates

The big chance for ifly is the max. Pmdg didn’t even mention it today. In fact they softly told us they aren’t even working on it.  Speaking of p3d only 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, Garys said:

PMDG are renowed for it regardless of the product or platform and even within their own business. Nothing in this post from 2018 is here yet including the product in development from 2014. Goal post shifting company who make promises that take years to deliver if ever.

Serves me right for falling for their PR hype.
It stings to have spent as much as I have on the 777 + both expansions, and for it to be in the condition that it is, compared to their 737 and 747.

37 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

Boeing fans may shift their eyes toward IFly.

I certainly have.
Plus, there's a 737Max in the works with “a planned release date in 2022.”

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm personally not sure if this update is as concerning for P3D as discussed here. I see it as way more concerning for MSFS development. It's not surprising but rather logical that the focus is heavily on their first MSFS product as of now given that they had hoped - or still hope - to release it in January/February. It was just the same when they wrapped up the last bits prior to releasing the DC-6 for MSFS. As a beta tester for one of their products I can say that there wasn't much if anything going on on that side while the DC-6 was being prepared, but that changed when it was out and post-release bugs addressed. I fully expect this to be the same for the 737 for MSFS, meaning that P3D will shift back into focus a lot more than it is right now. After all, even the major flight sim developers are small teams so when a product is in its late stages but facing issues I don't think it's surprising that there aren't many resources left for other projects at that time.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I was heavily criticized on their discord forum for saying their "P3D secret project" airliner was never coming.  I realize that he toyed with a toy 757 a few weeks ago on a stream.  But right now my prediction isn't looking so bad.

I'm curious since I'm personally very excited about the 757. Why do you think it will/would never come?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I'm sure Laminar Research is enjoying these developments. At the moment, XP12 is looking good. Timing is everything.

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

12 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I'm curious since I'm personally very excited about the 757. Why do you think it will/would never come?

I don’t think it will come because they have a small team. There is still so many other projects for two different simulators going on. Not to mention it takes them years to get things to market. I’m excited about it as well. But we’ve not been shown anything that indicates they’ve even done a thing on it. Of course I’d love to be wrong. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I understand the delays, hope PMDG eventually return to P3D even if in a minor capacity (but that seems unlikely). 

If they're essentially having to cross develop their MSFS stuff in P3D right now for debugging purposes it seems like the incremental effort to release whatever they're doing i.e. potentially new/improved features for the NGXu is pretty low. If the need to use P3D to do that goes away at some point, I think you are likely correct.

Edited by MrNuke

No mention of the promised VC update for the 777, so I'm pretty certain that won't ever see the light of day. Another kick in the teeth for PMDG's loyal P3D customers. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

I responded to the RSR announcement in the PDMG forum with the argument that so long as they are still working in P3D first and porting to MSFS (as RSR stated), they might as well work on things like, updated LNAV, flight directors and navdata format.  Once complete, they should push those out on the P3D side and then make it part of the MSFS 737 once Asobo catches up with what PMDG says they need to complete the 737.  This way both platforms benefit. 

But let's face it, none of us really know what's going on at PMDG, including how much they've spent on developing the 737 for MSFS.  However, it's not hard to imagine they are in very deep from a $ perspective and need to get that 737 to market.

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

My curiosity is peaked. Have you tried this? I have the iFly 747 and it was good in its day.

I've lost confidence in MSFS for the time being (they have big code integration issues and I don't see it improving any time soon.) and have largely shifted back to P3D for my tube liner fix. So, I'm in the market, again, for P3D add-ons.

Yes sir I have it and it is very well done. The only thing IMO is the configurator and livery install is not as user friendly as PMDG and the throttle axis is a little too sensitive for my liking but that's adjustable. There are not many liveries available but they are coming I'm sure. FS2Crew works with it. In some ways there are more config options such as the ability to adjust joystick/yoke sensitivity in the configurator. I read it is capable of RNP legs which I don't use for lack of knowledge but I understand the PMDG lacks. I think the VC graphics as well as system performance (smoothness) has a slight edge over NGXu. If you have any of the prior IFly NG versions you get a nice little discount. IMO a very nice addon second to none.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

54 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I don’t think it will come because they have a small team. There is still so many other projects for two different simulators going on. Not to mention it takes them years to get things to market. I’m excited about it as well. But we’ve not been shown anything that indicates they’ve even done a thing on it. Of course I’d love to be wrong. 

He did say in the Asobo Q&A stream that the project (757) is "coming along", which I would interpret as it's in development. In any case, it's most likely far off into the future anyway as he also said they expect bringing the existing products into MSFS would likely take into 2023. I'd expect a 757 only some time after that.

• Like 1

This RR has told many fibs before and people still fall for it hook line and sinker.  Surprised….not likely.

The LNAV update, the B777 cockpit……never likely to happen folks.  All marketing designed to get you buying their older products.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'd argue it's the MSFS buying customers that decided PMDG's path, 2.3 Million users vs. 200,000 (at most) P3D users, visuals sell, games sell, simulators are niche.  It'll be interesting to see how many MSFS users really want a more complex aircraft in their collection.

Cheers, Rob.

I agree Rob. I live for the day when all the "Little Basement dwellers" go running to Dad for a new $120.00 add on that someone spent 2 or 3 years trying to shoe-horn into the MS thingy.  DEV guys may be surprised when their server is not run over with traffic. For the sake of the survival of the hobby, I hope that MS will get off their high horse and get a SDK that the pro's can work with but what do I know...I bet on Alabama to Beat Georgia last weekend....Roll Tide!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

That's going to be an ultimate test for PMDG and complex planes in MSFS... 2.3M users but 1% is interested to spend 100$+ to use complex aircraft on console? OK - we need to know how many from those 2.3M users are XBOX users, I'd say - way more than 50% or closer to 75%. My golden rule is ... never touch anything what is dedicated on console.

And I personally got rid of MSFS because my golden rule once again confirmed my thesis that MSFS (for me) is way more towards arcade fun gaming than feeling true simulation. I don't need so perfect visuals, but depth of simulation and this "feeling" is for me number one

So staying in XP11 and P3Dv5.3 awaiting for XP12 and new planes, hoping all complex developers will lose their time and money trying to sell to kids 100$ planes which they can't operate on their XBOXes... (without even VATSIM network)...

Edited by F1le
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-9900K@5.0Ghz, MSI RTX3090 Gaming X Trio, 32GB RAM G.Skill-4133-CL17, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, (1+2+4)TB NVME M.2, 24TB NAS 10Gbit/s, VR HTC Vive Cosmos Elite, 1Gbit/s internet

P3Dv5, Xplane 11, MFS2020, DCS in 4K.

The fact Asobo is mostly focusing on the X-box crowd is one of the main reasons I came back to P3D (another one being all the updates breaking the addons every few months).

It is clear now that at least Aerosoft and PMDG has left us, and the future is unpredicable. The more I read this kind of topics, the more interested I get in the IFly 737. The screenshots of their 737 looks good. 

• Like 1