Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

PMDG delays P3D updates

1 minute ago, Patco Lch said:

Gee guy, that’s radical. You already paid for them. They don’t care if you use them or not, they already have your doe.

Exactly, use what you have paid for. Don’t buy new though.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 minute ago, Patco Lch said:

Gee guy, that’s radical

Just one small protest to calm my otherwise good nature.............

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Just now, Johnny19 said:

That’s my plan.

Vic green

10 minutes ago, W2DR said:

Just one small protest to calm my otherwise good nature.............

What it was - whiskey or wine? And how many? 

48 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Easier said than done. The former, of course. I really want to use my NGXu more often because it's a popular aircraft in the real world, but it lacks so many features at this point in time... and it can't even properly follow the magenta line. I was ready to purchase the 747 or 777 if they had delivered on the promised updates/upgrades. Now I am eyeing the Leonardo Maddog. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Personally I think it’s rude to ask for help and not provide one’s real name.  But hey maybe the one formerly known as Prince was right 😉  When I call a company for support, the first thing they ask is for my name and account info.

But as “Simbol” indicated, it’s simply business to match up with a name (likely from the CC) when the order is placed to avoid spending support time on customers that steal software … which would take away time from verified paying customers who are asking for support.

There is no malice.  Not sure why such a requirement is deemed offensive?  FSLabs verify also … maybe if there were no theft this requirement would never have been implemented.  There is always two sides to a coin.

Cheers, Rob.

Personally I dislike providing my real name as unfortunately, I have a few stalkers going after me (don't ask me why).

My name is quite unique and they know I am into aviation, so its very easy to google my name + any aircraft or airport, and then try to find info from there and post gossip on Facebook chats with like minded people who don't have a life of their own. Also potential employers/girlfriends like to google your name as well. 

That's why I like Leonardos approach. I never had to sign my real name (only the dev knows it), and also had to provide my order number so they know that I did not pirate their plane. 

One downside I can think of though is that when the support forums are locked, it prevents curious customers from browsing topics reading posts from other guys discussing real world procedures and how it can be done in the sim as well, along with other things. 

1 hour ago, thepilot said:

Easier said than done. The former, of course. I really want to use my NGXu more often because it's a popular aircraft in the real world, but it lacks so many features at this point in time... and it can't even properly follow the magenta line. I was ready to purchase the 747 or 777 if they had delivered on the promised updates/upgrades. Now I am eyeing the Leonardo Maddog. 

Get the maddog, as you won't regret it. It is integrated with GSX, simbrief, active sky...

All you have to do is to make a flight plan in simbrief, export it to the maddog. Open the ACARS on the maddog, either print the data or write it on hand with paper. Then after loading the flightplan from EFB GSX will refuel your plane as per the flightplan automatically If you have navigraph, you'll be able to wartch the charts from the onboard EFB.

During the flight, you will be able to request periodic weather updates within the cockpit before preparing for landing. PMDG does not offer this complete experience.

Like others said there are also a lot of real world MD-80 pilots on their forums ready to help with whatever advanced questions you may have.

• Upvote 4

It's quite amazing to see how this guy is driving nails in his coffin. With this latest announcement, while many old customers were waiting for fixes past due for so many years he managed to upset almost everyone that owns 737, 747, and 777.
It's quite alarming when so many people are so dissatisfied with certain practices they use or when you hear don't buy from them anymore.
I certainly hope that this RSR will wake up and realize that he's walking on very thin ice. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, killthespam said:
It's quite amazing to see how this guy is driving nails in his coffin. With this latest announcement, while many old customers were waiting for fixes past due for so many years he managed to upset almost everyone that owns 737, 747, and 777.
It's quite alarming when so many people are so dissatisfied with certain practices they use or when you hear don't buy from them anymore.
I certainly hope that this RSR will wake up and realize that he's walking on very thin ice. 

And still, there are throngs of nerds that still hang on RSR's every word, defend his every action and willingly submit to his condescension all while eagerly waiting for the next noob to have the audacity to not realize they need to sign with their REAL FIRST AND LAST NAME! 🤣😂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ikarus280 said:

able to request periodic weather updates

This is one of my biggest issues with PMDG aircraft. Hell, Aerosoft even lets you get ATIS from the FMC while enroute. Not that hard to implement.

• Upvote 2

So, I took a quick peek over at the, now closed, PMDG forum thread with RSR's announcement. Literally 4 pages of people praising him for giving them the bad news that not only would their P3D product updates be delayed indefinitely, but also the NGX3 isn't going to make an appearance any time soon. Literally thanking PMDG for the info that they will produce no usable DLC for probably a year if not more. And, after just a quick scan of the four pages, 3 instances reminding people to sign their posts. Classic deflection. "I don't want you to look too deeply into my flaws so I will point out yours." 

Also, is GFO a thing yet or is that also a casualty of the great MSFS push?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sivart2000 said:

So, I took a quick peek over at the, now closed, PMDG forum thread with RSR's announcement. Literally 4 pages of people praising him for giving them the bad news that not only would their P3D product updates be delayed indefinitely, but also the NGX3 isn't going to make an appearance any time soon. Literally thanking PMDG for the info that they will produce no usable DLC for probably a year if not more. And, after just a quick scan of the four pages, 3 instances reminding people to sign their posts. Classic deflection. "I don't want you to look too deeply into my flaws so I will point out yours." 

Also, is GFO a thing yet or is that also a casualty of the great MSFS push?

To be honest, I never understood this kind of word not allowed behaviour. I get bad news happen and it is not always the developers fault, but it is like if they are trying to seek approval from RSR likely hoping that RSR will quote their message and say something to them. Just my two cents.

I was flamed for not fully posting my name by a member (I only had the initial letter of my name written) as I don't want to turn up in Google. I explained that, and the response was that I should stay clear of the forum and only submit support tickets.

2 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

To be honest, I never understood this kind of word not allowed behaviour. I get bad news happen and it is not always the developers fault, but it is like if they are trying to seek approval from RSR likely hoping that RSR will quote their message and say something to them. Just my two cents.

I was flamed for not fully posting my name by a member (I only had the initial letter of my name written) as I don't want to turn up in Google. I explained that, and the response was that I should stay clear of the forum and only submit support tickets.

Just now, Ikarus280 said:

To be honest, I never understood this kind of word not allowed behaviour. I get bad news happen and it is not always the developers fault, but it is like if they are trying to seek approval from RSR likely hoping that RSR will quote their message and say something to them. Just my two cents.

I'm toying with the idea of going nuclear on the PMDG forum and suggesting that their time would be better spent getting themselves organized than it is blasting dudes for no signature. With all the stuff they are dealing with, they seem to be worried about some petty BS. I of course would be bum rushed by the RSR faithful and then unceremoniously banned for life.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sivart2000 said:

I'm toying with the idea of going nuclear on the PMDG forum and suggesting that their time would be better spent getting themselves organized than it is blasting dudes for no signature. With all the stuff they are dealing with, they seem to be worried about some petty BS. I of course would be bum rushed by the RSR faithful and then unceremoniously banned for life.

For some reason I am unable to edit my post as there was no edit option, and avsim replaced the word "word not allowed" with "word not allowed"... 

In 2021 where everything is visible on the internet forever and privacy is a concern, it is crazy that in the flight sim world you are still forced to post full names at some devs.

Imagine if a mayor company in another sector tried this.