Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

Microsoft stock is on sale!

For those of you who follow such stuff - and especially for those of you who invest, and perhaps like what MS has coming up such as FS and Vista...Microsoft (MSFT) is currently at a 52-week low. It's about $23 a share.That's "sale" to you and me. Well, to me, anyway ;)Keep in mind that MS is progressing with FS into new territory that includes less traditional flight simmers.Just saying.This message should not be misconstrued as financial advice, but, rather, to highlight a little personal exitement... :) So make your own decisions.---Andrew

It's primarily because of Vista that the price is down. That plus the EU situation. Not a pretty picture for MS in the near-term. Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Ah, to be young again. To me, everything is near-term :-) .

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest JoJoDawg

I hope you don't think MSFT is going to be a growth stock do you?MSFT stock IMHO is a ranging stock and is really only good for its dividends and the fact it will not tank on you. It also could be good if you want to ride the ranging waves for short term trades (ie. 6mo->1yr).I for one would be cautious that it has not hit bottem yet. If Vista gets delayed again it may very well break its 5yr resistance line.On the other side if MSFT does well against the Google war then it may bounce back to the closer 30 dollar range.btw this all just part of my humble view. I do hope it does well for you.Now if I can get the dollar to be a little stronger today I can rake in a few pips here on my demo. :)

Guest av84fun

Since we are now delving into my profession (one of them anyway) and before this thread gets locked, let me say that one of the best reasons to suspect that Softie will be a growth stock in the future is that it has not been in the past.While the stock has languished for the last 5 years, its earnings have grown significantly...up over 60%.By observation, the stock became grossly overpriced but that can be said of the vast majority of tech stocks over the same period.But the magic of "Growth Companies" as opposed to "Growth Stocks" is that earnings growth steadily drives the P/E ratio lower (at a constant stock price) and eventually, Growth Companies again become Growth Stocks.Just one of hundreds of examples I could cite is GE which you couldn't give away in the 1980's and the rose 30 fold!Best,JimPS: I am NOT recommending MSFT nor giving investment advice and the fact that MSFT is my largest client holding does not change that statement.