Sign in to follow this  
Guest CyberSimmer

FSX runway textures add on!

Guest weeniemcween

This new program called FSX TEXTURE BOOST really improves over the default runways and taxiways. Nice details like the dark runway having tar streaks on the edge. Also, it was only 10 euros. See for yourself.http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2364I am in no way affiliated with the designer.EDIT: forgot to add it's been tested with the service pack 1 beta.

Guest abulaafia

I find that this product offers so little improvement over defaults it should have been simply uploaded to the library for free. It's simply not worth the money. ANY amount.

Guest CyberSimmer

>I find that this product offers so little improvement over>defaults it should have been simply uploaded to the library>for free. It's simply not worth the money. ANY amount. I agree!

Guest weeniemcween

What are you guys talking about? The CLS offering eboost costs more and looks worse. Currently this is the only decent fsx add on that changes the default runways, making them more realistic. If that's not worth 10 euros to you then fine, but it is to me. Black tar runways alone are worth it to me. I think these textures are very good because they don't overdo it. There is also a lot of detail in the bumps; the second taxiway picture on simmarket shows this. Whatever, people can look at the pictures and decide for themselves.http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t244/we...blackrunway.jpg

I think, by looking at the screens, that it is definately an improvement, but I simply don't think that it is enough to warrant a 9.99 euro price tag. It would be very nice freeware, but for the price it ain't worth it IMO.

Guest CyberSimmer

Anyone remember FS9? I've downloaded some very nice RW and Taxi way textures for that sim, all for free! And I am willing to bet the same will happen for FSX. Heck we may even get the tar markings along the edges?