Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

"X-Plane 12 Airports Teased on Scenery Gateway"

3 minutes ago, uwespeed said:

Sorry, but you can stand some "discussions" only with sarcasm

But it is made funnier by most of that already being available as XP11 mods to one degree or other.

However, that is not good enough, all that must be available as default, there must be no room for any 3rd party developments outside of coloring in liveries and building aircraft must be made as difficult and unstable as possible so only paid up partners of mother Laminar get a look in.

If they do all that, scare off the gateway admins and authors, then, maybe, just maybe, Laminar will compete on a equal footing with the best of the best.

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

If they do all that,

I believe you can also add to the list banning a 3rd party vendor from their forums, and locking him out from his own posts 😈

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 hours ago, uwespeed said:

However ... the cars with blinkers, flashers etc. are still not enough realism. I expect lights in the windows of the houses lit up until let's say midnight, but need to be turned off after midnight - otherwise it's unrealistic.  And ... of course the lights of supermarkets, gas stations, groceries, restaurants, ... have to be lit according to their opening hours. Otherwise ... completely unrealistic and unusable as flight simulator.

And ... what about, if in a certain house a resident plays FSX or MSFS 2020 instead of XP (whichever version) - will XP12 crash? 🙃🤪🤣

Sorry, but you can stand some "discussions" only with sarcasm.

I thought XPLAne was a flight sim not a christmas party with lights.

12 hours ago, RXP said:

[off-topic] What I find interesting with this graph, is that the number of user is bumping up only when they release a new world update, or maybe an anticipated game update, but the active user count declines rapidly and shortly after back to where it was before (and sometimes lower). This also shows the user base is only artificially pumped up by frequent novelties, not by the attractiveness of the product itself (otherwise I'd guess the difference between the lows and the highs would be smaller). It would be guess work though to project this by the time XP12 releases, and probably this sub-thread would rather be in its own topic. [back-to-topic]

I am commenting on this "off-topic" post because it applies to any platform.

You may be mis-reading this data.  Those "bumps" could be from people like myself, who run the sim immediately after new updates to ensure that, even if I don't plan on using it right then, that it will be fully updated when I do want to use it.  

Nothing to do with novelties, more just trying to ensure it's up to date and not have to sit through the update process the next time I plan on using it.

Edited by Gulfstream

11 hours ago, Gulfstream said:

I am commenting on this "off-topic" post because it applies to any platform.

You may be mis-reading this data.  Those "bumps" could be from people like myself, who run the sim immediately after new updates to ensure that, even if I don't plan on using it right then, that it will be fully updated when I do want to use it.  

Nothing to do with novelties, more just trying to ensure it's up to date and not have to sit through the update process the next time I plan on using it.

Hi,

But if you don't use it right then and there and just update, you/people would use MS2020 at other times in the future (no?) hence the graph would reflect all these users that just update and play later. Not seeing all these users coming back on the graph.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

On 12/10/2021 at 5:36 PM, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

I truly believe MS2020 users come here because they are "VERY WORRIED" about XP12's release!!

Worried? Competition is always healthy and beneficial. 

• I own MSFS. But havent purchased any addons aside from my homebase. I usually fly with the CJ4 and DA40NG with G1000nxi mod. Rest of my addons are freeware from the ".to" site. This gives me much entertainment
  • I also own P3d. I don't want to know how much money I have invested there....but P3D gives me much entertainment
  • Finally, I also own XP11. With payware such as Rotate MD80, IXEG 733 and Xenviro. Still gives me much entertainment.

(also member in two flying clubs. Here I really don't want to know how money I have spent...gives me entertainment and headaches)

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

On 12/11/2021 at 8:04 AM, uwespeed said:

What I'm also wondering about ... there's a guy called Greazer in this forum: on his Youtube channel, he has only real flight and X-Plane 11 videos (without whining, how bad it is) and no MSFS or any other videos. Possibly, the guy behind the Youtube channel is actually a different person? 

Maybe he really works for Asobo, doesn't even have a personal copy of MSFS  and just speaks the truth on things 🤔

On 12/10/2021 at 2:51 AM, Mike44 said:

Without photorealistic Towns, Buildings, textures etc. it has no chance.

All we still active P3D flight simmers might disagree with your assertion... 🙂

Thanks!

Edited by Janov

2 minutes ago, Janov said:

I appreciate that you want to help X-Plane´s cause - but you are doing the opposite.

That is not why i'm doing this actually, but for the sake of peace the post will be removed.

2 hours ago, Greazer said:

Maybe he really works for Asobo, doesn't even have a personal copy of MSFS  and just speaks the truth on things 🤔

But this will remain quoted, next time we will all be accused of being hostile (still pinned and puts everyone in this section to shame) towards "not" trolls.

Edited by mtaxp

22 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi,

But if you don't use it right then and there and just update, you/people would use MS2020 at other times in the future (no?) hence the graph would reflect all these users that just update and play later. Not seeing all these users coming back on the graph.

Is it possible MSFS use is not detected when users are in Dev Mode?  I mention this because whenever you go into Dev Mode, even if it's only to toggle it ON then OFF, logging of your flight does not occur.  Because I toggle DM ON and OFF just once anytime after hitting FLY to start your flight, I show only around 459h of use, whereas I actually have about 3x that many hours of use.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 12/10/2021 at 4:56 PM, jarmstro said:

Well let's hope they release XP12 soon because if they don't it's going to be out of of date. I have seen nothing that beats the competition sadly.

With that attitude, XP12 won't be for you. Have fun with MSFS!

On 12/11/2021 at 12:08 AM, uwespeed said:

Oh no !!! spacer.png. But, there is a library of (at least) European cars and trains, created by a guy whose name I just forgot spacer.png to cure this shortfall.

I love seeing those ICE and RE trains, although it's rather odd having them run on S-Bahn tracks as well. 😆

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

With that attitude, XP12 won't be for you. Have fun with MSFS!

I'm hoping to have fun with both. Even thought it has been drummed into me that X-Plane isn't for having fun. It's for serious flight simmers who use it as an engineering tool. But it turns out that serious flight simmers now require 'eye candy' after all.😂

Edited by jarmstro