Sign in to follow this  
disco79stu

Change EA sky hue/saturation ?

Hi,

with 5.3 I switched to EA (with legacy clouds) which I really starting to like.

Then only thing that feels not quite right to me is the color of the sky. I know we can't change EAs sky textures but is there a way to change/edit the hue & saturation of it?
I think there Cyans are too strong, it looks a bit too "baby blue" and need imo slight shifting into the Red spectrum. See my modified screenshot below. Is that somehow possible?

Cheers

MZ5u2RO.png

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, disco79stu said:

Hi,

with 5.3 I switched to EA (with legacy clouds) which I really starting to like.

Then only thing that feels not quite right to me is the color of the sky. I know we can't change EAs sky textures but is there a way to change/edit the hue & saturation of it?
I think there Cyans are too strong, it looks a bit too "baby blue" and need imo slight shifting into the Red spectrum. See my modified screenshot below. Is that somehow possible?

Cheers

Yep envtex

Edited by awf

André

41 minutes ago, awf said:

Yep envtex

I kinda have to disagree, I‘ve read numerous times that Envtex‘ Sky Textures (as well as eg Rex SkyForce) can‘t change EA‘s sky, only non-EA textures can be replaced.

2 hours ago, disco79stu said:

I kinda have to disagree, I‘ve read numerous times that Envtex‘ Sky Textures (as well as eg Rex SkyForce) can‘t change EA‘s sky, only non-EA textures can be replaced.

That's what I am tending to believe as well.

On 12/9/2021 at 9:35 PM, disco79stu said:

envtex /  envshade (so the shaders ;-))

André

28 minutes ago, awf said:

envtex /  envshade (so the shaders ;-))

I‘m sorry, it would really help if you would use whole sentences.

Do you mean that you were acurally reffering to Envshade and suggest that this can change the sky color?
If so, I’m afraid Envshade also has no effect on the sky color of EA/TrueSky.

28 minutes ago, disco79stu said:

I‘m sorry, it would really help if you would use whole sentences.

Do you mean that you were acurally reffering to Envshade and suggest that this can change the sky color?
If so, I’m afraid Envshade also has no effect on the sky color of EA/TrueSky.

Not needed for a whole sentence lol, as Envshade will change the environment and as a result change the sky color 😉 with EA enabled...

But if you are talking about changing the legacy sky color textures, that isn't possible with EA enabled. (EA is shader based)

If you have a Nvidia GPU you could use freestyle with the same result as the legacy sky color texture edit we did in the past 😉 

So there are several approaches to try 😉

Edited by awf

André

25 minutes ago, awf said:

Not needed for a whole sentence lol, as Envshade will change the environment and as a result change the sky color 😉 with EA enabled...

But if you are talking about changing the legacy sky color textures, that isn't possible with EA enabled. (EA is shader based)

If you have a Nvidia GPU you could use freestyle with the same result as the legacy sky color texture edit we did in the past 😉 

So there are several approaches to try 😉

I'm sorry, I'm not sure where you get this, but Envshade does not change TrueSky/EA.

It does however change the saturation of the legacy sky, so it's actually the other way around. So Envshade does not work only with EA enabled!
P3D as a whole is "shader based" not only EA!

I actually made a test, one with Envshade's "Sky satuation" full left ("very low") and one full right ("very high").
The sky with EA enabled is exactly the same in both cases:

EA: on
Saturation: low / high

spacer.png

Without EA however, Envshade DOES change the sky staturation:

EA: off
Saturation: low / high

spacer.png

So my question stands: Is it possible to change the sky with Enhanced Atmospherics enabled?

Envshade does not do this.

• Upvote 1

You are in for the argument and not the solution, EA (truesky) is shader based and will reflect the whole environment and is dynamic as I explained!
It’s not a static image as with the legacy textures (which you are showing in the last pictures) you are referring to with EA off.
So the concept as explained is different… also HDR / Bloom / and settings will influence the overall picture... I don't have that blue color to begin with 😉

Nvidia freestyle does exactly what you want -;)

Good luck with your journey…

Edited by awf

André