Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

PMDG vs FENIX team...

4 minutes ago, united4life said:

With that said I think ill leave it at that and will think before I speak

Don't be too hard on yourself, mate. It was all in good fun, really. Sure - I'll admit I was a little surprised someone with such a short posting history had such a strong opinion on SDK's. You have to realize, that for most of us, anyone who has 2-5 posts and is loud, it usually raises alarm bells that they might be new and don't really know what they're talking about. 

It was not my intention to come across as super serious, although after going back and reading what I wrote, I can understand how it might be construed that way. Either way, I certainly don't want to scare you away from Avsim. It's mostly a positive place. lol! Cheers!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Don't be too hard on yourself, mate. It was all in good fun, really. Sure - I'll admit I was a little surprised someone with such a short posting history had such a strong opinion on SDK's. You have to realize, that for most of us, anyone who has 2-5 posts and is loud, it usually raises alarm bells that they might be new and don't really know what they're talking about. 

It was not my intention to come across as super serious, although after going back and reading what I wrote, I can understand how it might be construed that way. Either way, I certainly don't want to scare you away from Avsim. It's mostly a positive place. lol! Cheers!

Thank you sir. No worries at all, I hope you understand I meant no disrespect what so ever. Flight sim is a popular hobby of mine and Ive also made it a part time job on the side when Im not working full time or finishing up with my masters. However, I will say Ill give another shot with the forums, its not so much what you said its more so what others say but I have to remember that its all just words. Ive just stood in the back for a long time and watched people criticize the work that I've helped with and that kind of hurts. Nevertheless, I will take your advice and work treating it as such and enjoying the forums as they have been helpful in the past. Thank you again. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, united4life said:

Ive just stood in the back for a long time and watched people criticize the work that I've helped with and that kind of hurts.

I can understand how that would be tough to see. No one likes to see their hard work criticized by others. The problem often comes with the nature of online forums. They are largely anonymous. When people can hide behind anonymity, it makes it easier to be critical. 

Do you mind sharing what projects you've helped out with?  

1 hour ago, united4life said:

Im actually new here to AVSIM but Ive been arond flight sim for about 14 years. Im not trying to rile anyone up on the contray Ive never really dealt with the the AVSIM forums for this reason alone I dont like arguing or proving a point but I have worked on a handful of projects not only for FSX/P3D but also now with MSFS. And I respect all you that have been around longer then me. I should have maybe listened to my better judgment and stayed off the forums. 

Hey! It's all just something to debate and talk about! I'm not gonna sit here and act like that part of this hobby isn't nice to do among fellow simmers!

I'm just happy we have a new sim title to discuss, praise or thrash!🍻

I've been around since FS98 it's a really cool hobby to enjoy with others.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

https://streamable.com/j906v5  

I'm not very familiar with what this A320 sounds like in real life but those that are in the know are floored by how good the Fenix sounds. It's a testament to the talent of the folks at Fenix and how powerful MSFS's sound engine is.

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Unfortunately, Fenix no longer shares progress. Unfortunately, the team always announced news in advance, and the dates were always far behind.

A lot of simmers have been a bit upset about this and as a result there has been no more news.

Fenix failed to change strategy by first completing the news and only then making an announcement.

Today I am not sure if I will buy the Fenix.I'm missing a bit of customer-related stuff here.

Because I don't want an add-on by a Team like Fenix that don't work together with the simmers.

29 minutes ago, Deleted said:

Unfortunately, Fenix no longer shares progress. Unfortunately, the team always announced news in advance, and the dates were always far behind.

A lot of simmers have been a bit upset about this and as a result there has been no more news.

Fenix failed to change strategy by first completing the news and only then making an announcement.

Today I am not sure if I will buy the Fenix.I'm missing a bit of customer-related stuff here.

Because I don't want an add-on by a Team like Fenix that don't work together with the simmers.

Lol you can’t be serious 🤣

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

It is.

i know here on vatsim see all msfs as the super simulator. 

I have problems with msfs all the time and the most people too. That's a fact

That will not change with Fenix.

Just waiting for Xplane12

Edited by Deleted

9 minutes ago, Deleted said:

It is.

Real XP people stay on 11 when 12 is out. That's a fact

Edited by rka

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

5 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Lol you can’t be serious 🤣

I was like huh ? .. The same Fenix that took their time  with a bunch of their developers live streaming and demonstrating their progress ?? (Mind you they didn't have to)

The same Fenix that has its very friendly i might add Representative pop in and patiently answer questions on this very forum?.

We talking about the same people/group ??

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, Deleted said:

Ah, there it is........

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

Ah, there it is........

I pity them, i guess they must feel a real threat from MSFS, as it's now daily one or two will pop on just to try and disrupt with their nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

7 hours ago, Deleted said:

Cool. One less person bogging down their web site while I am purchasing it. 💥

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

As I am way too inept to develop a decent Boeing or Airbus simulation, I will happily support both, and wait until those brighter than I deliver. There’s room for us all…

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

8 hours ago, Deleted said:

It is.

You’re a joke. 

• Like 1