Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Has anyone tried the SceneryTech landclass?

Guest Derek D

Yes, this scenery is also activated through the Scenery Library. You can layer it above or below any other landclass entries as you see fit.

Thanks for quick reply.I made new folder for FSGenesis LC and moved the bgl file to the scenery folder under fsgenesislc.It is working so I assume I can now disable it and try your LC.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I am finding the opposite in the short time I have tested in the areas I normally test quickly. The Sierra Nevadas Mountains of Northern California (Chester Rogers) are now forested with pine trees and green like they should be-the Lake Almanor Penn. now has houses where they belong and golf courses. San Diego looks more real and the mountains surrounding it are now greyish and scrubrush covered instead of dessert red brown. The little town next to where I live is depicted (though the houses where I live have now become farmland) and office buildings are not appearing in residential areas.As with all landclass you lose a little here and there but I am seeing mostly improvements over the other landclasses I have in the areas I normally test-but of course there is a lot of territory to check out.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

I purchased your product yesterday and i really like what i am seeing. You did a fantastic job with the slopes. It makes a big difference towards reality. I am very curious about the Alps.Waiting for EuropeHeiko

Guest Derek D

Sorry to hear about your virtual house Geofa, but the good news is we are going to continue investigating data options for future versions of the scenery which may further improve accuracy in some areas. These updates would be free of course.Heiko--As it turns out, you will already see benefits from the Improved Slope Landclass in other parts of the world. Although the actual landclass for Europe has yet to be released, the slope landclass will help smooth out the default landclass slopes in regions outside of North America. So the accuracy still isn't there but at least visually it's less distracting.

Here we go again, you guys are killing me with these products, constantly improving things etc... and FSX wasn't supposed to have any add-ons... this will make 7 so far.Ian.

Guest BobKK

I have the Cloud 9 Xclass for both US and Canada and like it very much. A definite improvement over the default landclass.SceneryTech looks good too. Any chance you could post some comparison pics taken with Xclass and Scenery Tech in the same areas, just to see the differences?Thanks,Bob

>We used a special algorithm>that applies a gradient of sorts to urban areas, so you may>find an urban highrise at the center of a city which then>tapers off into a medium-dense urban area, then large and>medium-sized suburbs, then a smattering of small suburbs on>the outskirts.>So a large part of what differentiates our landclass from>competitors is the intricate processing tricks we used to>generate the landclass.A similar algorithm has been in use in Cloud9's XClass USA 1.03

Guest Derek D

I don't own Cloud 9's Xclass so I wouldn't be able to do that myself. I am mostly trying to draw attention to the improvement SceneryTech offers over the default, but if there is anyone who has tried both products they would be in a better position to offer an unbiased comparison.In any event, more comparison shots between the default landclass and the SceneryTech landclass will be uploaded to the website in the near future.

Guest BOPrey

I have xclass. My home airport (KFRG) is now in a medium size city. Way too many multi-story buildings. The extra attention paid to the slopes is what's great about SceneryTech's landclass. I think I will buy it in the next few days after I fix my FSX problem.

>and FSX wasn't supposed to have any add-ons... this will make 7 so far.Who the heck said that?!I don't think anyone would claim that FSX wouldn't benefit from add on sceneries - be it landclass, mesh, or texture replacements. They may have argued that stock FSX is *as good as* a 3rd party enhanced FS2004, but that's no reason to stop there! Why not make it better!

Guest Neil_Hill

Hi Geofa and Derek,I have that same net framework version 1.1.4322 error and I am using Windows XP with the latest Service pack. I downloaded net 2.0 as that is where the error message sent me but after installing it I still got the same message.Neil