Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

There's no reason not to jump into the beta IMHO

This sounds like a turning point for MSFS PC users. Its sounds like we would all press the "keep this version" if we could. 

But it could be a turning point that next year we get great updates with no....well you know what!!!!

I hope this will be the case, fingers crossed.

Thank you all that have done the beta and report all the problems. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Agreed, similar specs as you except switching between monitor & VR (HP G2).  Peak flight sim days for me and I've been here a LONG time.  Using FBW A320/WT CRJ/H145/Bell frequently.

• Like 1

Does the FBW Airbus work now with this beta version? I am thinking of getting into it after your comments 🙂 

Greets,
Markus

• Like 1

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

My only concern with pushing this beta is that I read it could force me to do a reinstall of MFS 😕

BTW: How do we get the beta ? Should it be through xBox App or Game Store ?

The other day I clicked "GET UPDATES" in the store, and for the whole win 11 session I was getting a cloud symbol next to my FLIGHT SIMULATOR STANDARD Library entry, as if the game was ready for install. Is this the way the beta is pushed ?

Thanks !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ever since the alpha/beta fiasco, I am refusing to do any testing for Asobo moving forward. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 minutes ago, MäxliBäxli said:

Does the FBW Airbus work now with this beta version? I am thinking of getting into it after your comments 🙂 

Greets,
Markus

Yes, download the latest version, which came out yesterday I think.  I recommend the experimental version for its TCAS support (especially if using Vatsim).

• Like 1

I don't have the time to properly sit down and test it, plus I don't have the level of knowledge required to test certain aspects, so I'm happily waiting for the release version, that should be more stable anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

Ever since the alpha/beta fiasco, I am refusing to do any testing for Asobo moving forward. 

I understand why you say that, and I am not the best fan of the MS / Asobo response to bugs and breakages, but we all need to look at the bigger picture to improve the sim.
Hopefully, the way the beta's are going now is the way forward.  They do seem to have responded quicker this time to official forum feedback, and even the recent Nvidia driver problem.
I would like to help them with the beta's if they stick to this type of programme.  It is just the big download sizes with my slow internet that are killing me!  :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

I understand why you say that, and I am not the best fan of the MS / Asobo response to bugs and breakages, but we all need to look at the bigger picture to improve the sim.
Hopefully, the way the beta's are going now is the way forward.  They do seem to have responded quicker this time to official forum feedback, and even the recent Nvidia driver problem.
I would like to help them with the beta's if they stick to this type of programme.  It is just the big download sizes with my slow internet that are killing me!  :rolleyes:

I don't disagree, but for someone with little kids and a massive burn leading to the RTM, they're not getting any more of my time. 🙂

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

19 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Did you have to disable any of your mods or they all work with the beta?

Are you on Steam?

I'm on the Store.

My basic mods all work OK, add on airports inc. Orbx, CJ4 mod G3000 etc. If it was working with SU7 it should also work with the hotfix as far as I know at least ... 

• Like 1

I can't believe that this "beta" doesn't have any issues at all. never heard of a perfect beta yet. I am going to wait until the "issues" are fixed, before I install it. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I can't believe that this "beta" doesn't have any issues at all. never heard of a perfect beta yet. I am going to wait until the "issues" are fixed, before I install it. 

well it's rather a hotfix beta and from my humble perspective they pretty much nailed it this time as I see now "issues" at all now that even the FBW flies again

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

40 minutes ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Yes, download the latest version, which came out yesterday I think.  I recommend the experimental version for its TCAS support (especially if using Vatsim).

Where is exp ver?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Another day full with testing. And the conclusio: I'm a really happy camper this way the hotfix works. Weather depiction as expected and egliable as in real world. Performance seems to be really improved - also in heavy cloud situations.

a68d3514779f4b52e4680fa7c9a51302174e6c96

1bc5dcc946930812e7b88c488ac60945ce45c3e4

546e5b137a6f0984b6fc7e56933868d92fb74557

17a9d1b1ed29865f9e4771063d491de234318266

f945f7250afd2e737d0dc3c2b16e8c966ce5b660

Hope that other issues (not the focal point in this beta but still there) also get fixed in the same way.

Regards

Michael

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Sent you PM @bobcat999

• Like 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ