Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

There's no reason not to jump into the beta IMHO

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

<sigh>

Eye adaptation  is a questionable  idea in the first place but adding a parameter to cancel it which does not work, is irritating.

Yeah, even if the parameter is not official... not in the graphics menu, as Raytracing (there from release to tease us!).

Eye (non)adaptation along with the stroboscopic effect of the props is part of their intention to show the sim as through a camera, not human eyes... film grain and vignette also point in that direction.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

31 minutes ago, Sethos said:

And Richardo yet again taking offense to natural conversation happening on a forum, classic avsim! 

No, no, your wrong its not classic avsim its classic "Recardo"🤪😄

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

33 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

DX11 mostly. I did try DX12 and performance was only slightly reduced but with noticeable stutters, as most have seen.

Getting the same. Massive stutters...

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

56 minutes ago, Sethos said:

And Richardo

26 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

its classic "Recardo"🤪😄

No idea which person you are referring to.

Just now, Ricardo41 said:

No idea which person you are referring to.

Yet you quoted both, knowing it was directed at you. 🤔

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Lol, in this thread about the beta half the folks telling us why they won't install the beta. Classic avsim!

Probably because the topic is titled "There's no reason not to jump into the beta IMHO", so we're giving reasons why that isn't true for some of us 😉 It invited a response (as all discourses do), whether in agreement or not. Like your post has.

Edited by March Hare
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Eye (non)adaptation along with the stroboscopic effect of the props is part of their intention to show the sim as through a camera, not human eyes

This is the absolute opposite of my understanding of the intention of eye adaptation, which is to mimic the very natural effect of pupil dilation as light levels change when we look from inside to out.

What on earth makes you think it’s supposed to mimic a camera lens which automatically adjusts to keep the same aperture for all conditions?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I normally dont hesitate to try new software. In case of MSFS I installed it a year ago and never had any problems (hardly any ctd's) and the problems we all had were solved either by a SU, hotfix or patch by developers.

Although I have no idea when the hotfix is released I'd rather wait for that then experiment with a beta fix, a second install and create new problems.

I expect the hotfix will come rather sooner then later.

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

43 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

This is the absolute opposite of my understanding of the intention of eye adaptation, which is to mimic the very natural effect of pupil dilation as light levels change when we look from inside to out.

What on earth makes you think it’s supposed to mimic a camera lens which automatically adjusts to keep the same aperture for all conditions?

He said "Eye (Non) Adaptation", not eye adaptation, so it looks like you are both in agreement. 
Non-adaptation (or eye adaptation off) makes it look like a camera image with no simulation of the pupil.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

43 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

He said "Eye (Non) Adaptation", not eye adaptation, so it looks like you are both in agreement.

I don’t know any variable in the cfg about (non) adaptation. 

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

21 hours ago, stefanwa said:

So far so good for me, but the clouds sometimes still look horrible on my sytem (PC, Radeon 5700, latest AMD 21.12.1). This screenshot was taken minutes ago flying into GLCA with live weather:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JJCLubZn5TdPppFspBmc3mHgtah6EzRV/view?usp=sharing

I'm hoping Asobo is not done with cloud rendering and modeling per se.  As far as METAR integration goes it's def improved in the hotfix beta, but cloud depiction still needs focused work and I think it still could happen but may be challenging to do and still retain the remarkably performance-friendly weather now happening.  Primarily for me it would be more work on specific cloud morphology, and some degree of grid artifact coming from how they're rendering clouds. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, hansb57 said:

I normally dont hesitate to try new software. In case of MSFS I installed it a year ago and never had any problems (hardly any ctd's) and the problems we all had were solved either by a SU, hotfix or patch by developers.

Although I have no idea when the hotfix is released I'd rather wait for that then experiment with a beta fix, a second install and create new problems.

I expect the hotfix will come rather sooner then later.

To be frank pre hotfix beta was still decent for me so I can see why you're not clamoring for relief.  Only once had the sudden change in weather associated w/ entering a new METAR zone, and otherwise it was still decent.  FWIW, I've done one full reformat and reinstall of Win 10 and MSFS a few months ago, and while it takes awhile to do it requires little to no user input, no reconfiguration per se, and all my controller settings were retained.  This is the exact opposite of what happens when you reformat and reinstall P3D w/ addons for example.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

New report on graphics driver 497.09 post hotfix 21.18. 

Whilst continuing SU7 hotfixes public beta testing this morning, after many days CTD free, I had a succession of CTDs and could not even load a basic flight. This initially resulted in me being unable to load into eg Orbx EGKA or EGHI airport without CTD, which had never previously been a problem even after SU5. After I uninstalled all mods, and even loading into default airports, got CTD after 5-10 minutes. The common factor was a windows error message: Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.

So I then reinstalled the older nVidia driver 496.76 and reloaded the sim with my basic set of mods (CJ4, WT G3000, C208 mod and a number of mod airports, and Orbx re-enabled. This time it loaded perfectly and I was able to do a short flight. 

Just thought I'd give a heads up - and of course it could be something with my machine, although I have made no changes or updates since yesterday. No idea why it just decided to bomb out today, after a number of really good days. Maybe a server side change?

Thoughts, anyone else had a similar experience?

42 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

Whilst continuing SU7 hotfixes public beta testing this morning, after many days CTD free, I had a succession of CTDs and could not even load a basic flight. This initially resulted in me being unable to load into eg Orbx EGKA or EGHI airport without CTD, which had never previously been a problem even after SU5. After I uninstalled all mods, and even loading into default airports, got CTD after 5-10 minutes. The common factor was a windows error message: Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.

So I then reinstalled the older nVidia driver 496.76 and reloaded the sim with my basic set of mods (CJ4, WT G3000, C208 mod and a number of mod airports, and Orbx re-enabled. This time it loaded perfectly and I was able to do a short flight. 

Just thought I'd give a heads up - and of course it could be something with my machine, although I have made no changes or updates since yesterday. No idea why it just decided to bomb out today, after a number of really good days. Maybe a server side change?

I don't know if you are running DX11 or DX12, but I have not tried MSFS using DX11 since DX12 came out and I have not had any CTD's running DX12 with the 497.09 driver.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

44 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

I had a succession of CTDs

Yes, it seems that only few people have a stable configuration with this duo.

1 hour ago, scotchegg said:

I don’t know any variable in the cfg about (non) adaptation. 

That's the point.

EyeAdaptation = 1 means that the pilot's eyes in the sim are supposed to have the capacity to adapt to different levels of light, therefore the exterior should not be heavily overexposed when you look at the instruments.

Instead, what we see on the screen is what a camera would see: strobo effect from the props and overexposed exteriors when you focus on the instruments. It's all part of the cinematic style choice that MS/Asobo made, also confirmed by film grain and vignette. Like in this video, you see what a camera would see, not the person holding it.

image.png

• Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png