Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

How to turn on ground

Guest shadowdc

Hi, I'm a beginner to flight simulators and I just wanted to know how to turn the front wheel of a cessna 172 plane on the ground. I am trying to taxi to the runway but I don't know the command to turn the wheel. I'm using flight simulator x and a simyoke. any help would be appreciated thank you.

Guest Gunner_CAF

Turn using the rudder.Gunner

Guest RonB49

If you don't have rudder pedals, you can use the Numpad 0 key to turn left and the Numpad Enter key to turn right. The Numpad 5 key centers the rudder.R-

Turn on "Auto Coordination" in the Aircraft>Realism options. This will link your rudder to your aileron input so turns will be coordinated in the sky, but also so you can steer on the ground with your sim yoke (since you don't have rudder pedals).

>If you don't have rudder pedals, you can use the Numpad 0 key>to turn left and the Numpad Enter key to turn right. The>Numpad 5 key centers the rudder.Plus make sure your NUM LOCK is turned off! ;)Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Guest JeffPreston

When you are ready, add some rudder pedals to your set up. I can recommend the CH rudder pedals - I've had great use from them.Using these, you will be able to taxi like the real thing, practice correct taxiing in wind procedures and most importantly, perform all those subtle rudder related things in actual flight, such as side slips and crosswind landings. Adding rudder pedals introduces a whole new level of realism and challenge to FS! All the best with your simming!

Guest allcott

As advised, turn auto-coordination ON, and use the yoke as a steering wheel. But you can also use differential braking to tighten the turn, or stop it. YOu may find that a quick tap on left or right brake might be better for making slight corrections as you make your way to the runway.Allcott