Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

WR G1000 NXi 10.0.

Was offered the upgrade from V9.2. and installed it... looks like more pages and options have appeared..

Not seen the actual version description yet.. anybody? 😉

• Like 2

Bert

I can confirm, for the moment I can see a new page of setting, like units change and stuff.

Nothing on WT discord or website yet

Edited by bendead

6 minutes ago, bendead said:

I can confirm, for the moment I can see a new page of setting, like units change and stuff.

Nothing on WT discord or website yet

Info is on the WT Discord site under wt-news.

Release notes at https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/nxi/2021/12/09/nxi-release-v0.10.0.html

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 3

WT just is the best plain and simple

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Posted on the WT Discord site:

@everyone, we apologize, but there’s a bug with new v0.10.0 NXi package that launched on the Marketplace this evening that impacts three aircraft – specifically, the startup sequence related to electrical circuits on the DA62, the Caravan and the PC-6. On these aircraft there will be red X and shading over several components of the PFD along with the AHRS alignment message.

If you fly these aircraft, we recommend not updating to v0.10.0 of the NXi just yet. Other G1000 equipped aircraft behave as expected.

We apologize for this and a fix will be forthcoming, we’ll update here with more details as we work it out. Thanks for your patience.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

meanwhile the new update(s) to the CJ4 are phenomenal...

What updates? When was one released?

Now that I've flown it (in the G36)...  Awesome NXi update.. 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

• The fuel quantity information on the MFD’s sytem page simulates an authentic totalizer. This means it does not actually track the fuel in your tanks, it simply counts how much has been burned and relies on you to tell it what the original quantity was. This means if you add or remove fuel in flight you’ll need to manually adjust the starting quantity in the tanks with the buttons on the GAL REM submenu.

A most welcome addition. Makes preflight even more authentic (coupled with the EIS being displayed while in Reversionary mode on battery power).

Bring your virtual pipettes, simmers.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

This is a thing that I was looking forward to : 

Procedure preview map pane for all procedure types

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

12 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

User-defined VNAV constraints! 

Finally! Great to hear.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

PFD Reversionary Mode!

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I just did a flight with the new version. First quick impressions.

Absolutely great to have the engine gauges on the PFD to start and climb out the MV Porter.  Essential to get the most of the engine in hilly terrain without having to move your position back and forth to see clearly the MFD like before.

But once the MFD is on, the reversionary mode of course goes away. I didn't find a way to switch the MFD back off again in the approach phase to get back the RM. 

Some discrepancies between some data, for instance the distance to STRGHT was   stuck on one frame of the PFD  and winding down on the other part. The initial heading of the visual approach was wrong.  The autopilot was driving the aircraft to STRGHT on a 186° heading as required  but the FP frame was showing 111°. All this with the caveat that I am sort of a newbie in using the G1000, might be that I didn't do the right manipulations.

Globally a welcome update worth the downloading.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

IRL, in many planes reversionary mode doesn’t simply eliminate the MFD in favor of a single PFD. In many configurations, you may actually lose some capabilities like one of your com or nav radios and some auto pilot functions. It’s not intended to be a convenience thing…it’s a safety thing when one of your display malfunctions. 

• Like 1

Chris