Sign in to follow this  
Seat*

737 PMDG or IFly?

3 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

IMO the IFly engines seem to spool too fast and the throttles are too sensitive. I believe the NGXu has better taxi model as well.

I spoke too soon, I did 4 more test flights while on 2 occasions I noticed the same issue. I can't figure out why is that, something intermittent on my side where apparently for you is not and it is consistent with your findings. Good catch, I will try later. Regarding taxi, can you elaborate more, please?

Thanks.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

43 minutes ago, threegreen said:

the background color of the iFly looks too bright

My guess is your impression may be due to the fact that iFly 737 was build from scratch for the P3Dv5, where (just like in v4) when having EA/HDR on, you get virtual cockpits being too dark.
Quoting from iFly's product description: 'Built around Enhanced Atmospherics (TrueSky)'

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rickgo said:

Does the Ifly 737 adv have rain effects?

No, it does not. Still love it, though.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I'd go for the iFly...there are a few issues here and there that will hopefully be corrected but the sounds and autopilot behavior leave the Ngxu in the dust. 

But one thing that hasn't been mentioned yet on this thread in regards to the iFly is the flap extension speed. Waaaay too fast from flaps up to flaps 5. Hope they fix that one, as well as the engine spool-up time. Those are the two biggest issues for me. 

Edited by bbain1187
  • Upvote 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

1 hour ago, killthespam said:

I spoke too soon, I did 4 more test flights while on 2 occasions I noticed the same issue. I can't figure out why is that, something intermittent on my side where apparently for you is not and it is consistent with your findings. Good catch, I will try later. Regarding taxi, can you elaborate more, please?

Thanks.

Seems to me the NGXu maintains a taxi speed at idle thrust like a real jet should whereas the IF starts bogging down requiring a constant application of power. Kind of like taxing through mud. Also I noticed the reverse thrust spools up fast compared to NGXu. Not being a pilot the only frame of reference I have is the NGXu but that one just seems realistic to me for what I imagine a real NG would feel like in both taxing and power setting.

I might add I had a CTD this afternoon fooling with the EFB in flight. I was looking at the flight plans and I guess it didn't like that:) I reloaded the sim and conducted my KLAS-KSLC flight with the NGXu. Oh well.  

Vic green

3 hours ago, Seat* said:

Thanks for all ansvars. I go for the IFly,

/Thomas

Good choice Thomas. I have them both and if could do it over again I wouldn't buy the PMDG......Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

The other thing that would be appealing if buying now is that the iFly will be releasing a max for p3d.  If that's important to you. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

20 hours ago, killthespam said:
I just got it today (Ifly 737NG) and my first impressions after 2 Hrs of flying the airplane.
Something very important to be noticed is the LNAV/VNAV and APFD, it works very well in respect to following magenta line, it does fly-by or fly-over very well, IAN approaches work well, level offs at low altitudes, are precise and on speed, no chasing up-down for altitude and smooth level-offs.
Unfortunately, On PMDG aircraft (FMS equipped), these items are still not fixed for such a long time, and who really knows when will get addressed.
To get an idea about study level, I didn't have time to check, and I'm not qualified (type-rated) in this airplane, I cannot make a fair assessment.
All I can say is that I simulated an engine failure at V1 and it did nicely as I expected.
On my system, I find throttle response quite alright and taxing right on the money, maybe "Vic greens" needs to re-calibrate his hardware?
I would like to touch this "study level", I don't think that it would be possible to have a perfect simulation or 100% systems accuracy plus that is impossible to know it all. As a true fact, when we do our check-rides and orals we miss stuff, or simply put we don't know.

Please, does the iFly 737 ADV have rain effects?

Thanks!

Edited by Hamilton_

Hamilton Müller

21 minutes ago, Hamilton_ said:

Please, does the iFly 737 ADV have rain effects?

Thanks!

No. 

• Like 1

No!

IFLY

RAIN-ON-IFLY.jpg

PMDG

RAIN-ON-PMDG.jpg

• Like 4

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

i wonder how hard it would be for them to add true glass?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

No!

IFLY

PMDG

1 hour ago, Iadbound said:

No. 

Thanks Mr ladbound!

Mr killthespam, these pics you posted above was exactly what I wanted to see, thanks a lot my friend! 👍

• Like 1

Hamilton Müller

No!

..and it's a no from me then, otherwise I would likely have picked this up ☹️

• Like 3

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

22 hours ago, Rafal said:

My guess is your impression may be due to the fact that iFly 737 was build from scratch for the P3Dv5, where (just like in v4) when having EA/HDR on, you get virtual cockpits being too dark.
Quoting from iFly's product description: 'Built around Enhanced Atmospherics (TrueSky)'

I see what you mean, the dark cockpits bug is real and annoying. But that's not it, the iFly definitely seems too bright and whiteish to me. The color appears to be lacking the anthracite-like grey, especially in darker scenarios, that you would find on a real NG and it seems there is too much light in the cockpit. It often looks too bright and the grey too light to me. In a real 737 there isn't that much light coming through the windows. In the NGXu the color is spot on (excluding the lighting bug with EA); I guess they got the color code directly from Boeing.

20 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

Seems to me the NGXu maintains a taxi speed at idle thrust like a real jet should whereas the IF starts bogging down requiring a constant application of power. Kind of like taxing through mud.

That's disappointing. I thought we were past the days of that unrealistic FSX ground friction model as many developers have found a way around that these days. The CS 757, which I thought was a better airplane than the developer's reputation would suggest, was the last aircraft I tried but quickly sent into storage largely because of the taxi behavior as it couldn't be any more unrealistic.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD