Sign in to follow this  
TacomaSailor

Steam found file integrity problem - wants to download 127GB

I recently installed Windows Mixed Reality, OpenXR,SteamVR to support the HP Reverb G2 I purchased.   It was a pretty easy process getting it all working.

I flew a dozen flights, over about eight hours, all over San Diego to Burbank.  The G2 VR world was fantastic and very immersive.  I was so pleased!

Then uninstalled all the Reshade 4.9.1 stuff I had used in 2D flight sim for the last year.  After I used the Reshade unistaller - I could no longer load FlightSim 1.21.13.0 - just got a black screen with all the appropriate sounds.

I asked Steam to verify the file integrity and it found 1 error and said it would reacquire the file.

Now - when I start Flight Sim the Installation Manager Says: "Select additional content you want to install now or choose later in the marketplace" and shows a picture of the Standard Content package with MANDATORY UPDATE over the image and 126.78GiB as the data volume.

Is there any way to avoid this huge download?

How did unistalling Reshade (it was just a .dll and a texture and shaders file) cause me all this grief?

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Do not ever verify on steam. That's the nuclear option. the second you click verify, you were doomed. It will always prompt to reinstall everything.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Good to Know - but not in time!

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

If in the Steam version there is a Official/OneStore folder, are you able to point the Installation Manager there? There's the bulk of the sim, it should verify its integrity and then start normal without installing anything.

2 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:

Is there any way to avoid this huge download?

When you get to the screen that says it wants to download 127 GB of files, look at the bottom right of the screen. There should be a "Browse" button. Click that and point it to wherever you have the main installation located. Should be the folder that contains the folders "Community" and "Official".

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.