Sign in to follow this  
igorbischi

Easy fixes to 2 Wilco Citation X fsx bugs

Guest weeniemcween

Okay, here are two simple problems and two solutions.1) The no eye candy models won't load.This is caused by a mistake in the model.cfg referencing the wrong interior mdl filename.Solution: In the folder Microsoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesfeelThere PIC Citation Xmodel.nocandy open model.cfg with wordpad and change the lineinterior=Citation_interior_nocandyto interior=Citation_nocandy_interior2) The glareshield fms and nav autopilot source buttons (page 15 from manual) are black in the vc but not in the 2d panel. This makes it impossible to fly the flight plan solely from the vc using autopilot nav mode.This is caused by two typos in the panel.cfg referring to the wrong gauge pack. Solution: In the folderMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesfeelThere PIC Citation XPanelopen panel.cfg with wordpad and scroll down to the [Vcockpit02] section. There changegauge09=CitationX!NAVFMS1, 550, 828, 150, 50gauge10=CitationX!NAVFMS2, 550, 882, 150, 50to gauge09=CitationXX!NAVFMS1, 550, 828, 150, 50gauge10=CitationXX!NAVFMS2, 550, 882, 150, 50That's all. Hope this helps some of you who were frustrated like me. These were simple mistakes that should not have been released, considering the price. Makes you wonder what the beta testers were doing, exactly. The least would be to fly each model (eye candy, no eye candy) on a full flight using all the functions in both simulators, using both virtual and 2d cockpits. Sheesh. If anyone can tell me how to get the wx radar working (besides turning it on the mfd and turning the pedestal knob) please let me know. It turned on for me once for 10 seconds then disabled. Thanks. Great plane though.

Thanks for posting! Still playing with all the functions, have only just figured out how to turn the WX radar on, although it does display the angle etc in the MFD. Took awhile to find the knob to turn it on though.Ian.

Thanks for the button fix ! Regarding the radar i have similar problems. It looks like it quiets after a while. Furthermore i can see turbulences (i guess those are the yellow/red fields) only for some seconds. It gets overlaid by the purple color (is this by any chance rain ?) and don't come back. I have no idea how it 'should' look and work.Btw - is this here the new Wilco support forum ? :-waveHeiko

>I wish it was, still can't start more than one engine without>hitting ctrl-e.>>Ian.Ian, i am sure their beta tester can tell you the trick... :-hah Heiko

To start the wx start by turning the knob at the bottom of the pedestal window to "on" then go to left of HSI there wx in HSI and hit that bottom, wait a few seconds,it takes a while to start,sometimes.The manual also states this.

I have had it more than 5 years, love it but it has flaws, like the animations of the stewardess don't always Work ( I know I am supposed to fly the play and not be looking at her) But I like to see that everything Works like descrbed in the package; I own Legacy too and these Work here flawlessly, considerring they are almost the same product by the same Company it is a bit unacceptable that one Works and not the other also considering the Price tag.