Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

What has delayed the release of SP1?

Guest Mobo Man

It really does amaze me that the FS fraternity take a lot of time (and pleasure?) in berating somebody who expresses an opinion or gives information that they don't want to beleive!There are many occasions where the 'FS Gurus', in whom we trust, can say things without recourse.No, I am not a Beta tester (ya know, those who get the product first to make it usable; failed here methinks!) or a gender-bender (moboMAN - clue!) and as for revealing my real name there are many around here who don't do that but look as if they have!?This whole issue is going to get more sordid with time - even the dual-core issue is going downhill the more things are done with SP1 it apperas ... and will ANYONE be brave enough to deny that the first issue of said 'patch' completely blew away the panels from some of the default FSX aircraft and that this has only just been fixed?'Joe Public' is entitled to know what is going on before they 'fix' anything to stop major disappointments.Regards, Joe.

Guest Mobo Man

Wid'cha now (Peter Crouch for example???!!!)

Guest Mobo Man

Bill, there are others in this thread you should address your remarks too as well as me?!Joe.

Guest allcott

>Quoting you a bit Allcott>"Look at the quality of many posts in forums - no detail,>scant understanding of the English language, inappropriate or>incompetent use of terminology, incompetent use of the>product">>I don

Guest Mobo Man

Completely lost now I'm afraid ?!

Guest SteveD

Given the 'similarities' in STYLE and CONTENT of your 'posts', I suspect you're better known around here as Dave ... on the Devon Riviera a.k.a. G7USL. Compare and contrast the post above with G7USL's post earlier in the thread and note the similarities in posting style and tone, for instance. Seriously, what is it with this obsessive campaign against FSX of yours that you feel compelled to adopt other usernames to bolster the seeming number of people who agree with your opinion?

Hi Allcott,actually, developers who are interested in thorough Beta testing will actively seek out testers from many different countries rather than shunning them, regardless of their level of expertise in English. Language problems are easy to overcome these days. Given that FS is sold world-wide and a Beta team, by definition, is supposed to be a cross-section of the user base, it would be very shortsighted of a developer to recruit "English majors" only. Many of the testers in my Beta teams have native languages other than English and I treasure their contributions "filtered" by their particular ethnic and cultural background. Of course, ACES knows this too and the composition of the FS Beta team reflects this.Finally, keep in mind that Beta testing is a volunteer position, not a career. Thus, "trying your best" is indeed all that is required!Cheers, Holger

This thread has officially crossed over into ridiculous. As much as I disagree with Dave T. on some things, I have enough respect for him that I don't think he'd stoop to that level.

Hi "Joe",objective reporting of issues is great but I don't see how telling us second-hand information of (as you point out) an early Beta version of SP1 is going to provide an objective assessment? Take part in any of the Beta tests I run and you'd be surprised at what early versions "blow away" ;-)Besides, anyone suspicious of the benefits of SP1 (or the abilities of the devs and Beta crew) just needs to sit back for a few days after release and wait for feedback from users.Cheers, Holger

Guest SteveD

See for yourself. Compare the quirks of writing style and the tone and content of post #6 (G7USL) with post #30 (MoboMan) then ask yourself again whether you still believe he wouldn't stoop to that level.

>Bill, there are others in this thread you should address your>remarks too as well as me?!No, not at all. I'm only skeptical of "poison pen writers" who claim knowledge they cannot possibly have......not at all unlike the "Know Nothings" of the late 19th century... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Mobo,It is unfortunate that you choose to break your NDA like this. It is true, for perf testing the upcoming Beta3, I gave advice to turn AI aircraft down. Some AI aircraft have a high render cost and will skew the results of perf testing Beta3. We had a perf regression in trees we believe Beta3 will fix, and need results that are not skewed to validate that. It is also no secret that turning down AI aircraft gives back perf in RTM, this just confirms it. And my guidance simply confirms that SP1 performed no work in this area. I fail to see how that translates to SP1 being a "complete disaster", but it does indicate you have entirely the wrong personality to be on the beta. And yes, this means we won