Sign in to follow this  
Rob G

Adjusting Bravo Trim Wheel with Spad.Next

I have read the entire User Guide for Spad.Next. I have the paid version. I thought I understood everything and tried some simple settings to make sure I had the basic concepts down. But when I tried to set up the Bravo trim wheel and assigned Elevator Trim Up or Down, there was no Repeat option like for other buttons. Could someone who is using Spad.Next to adjust their Bravo trim wheel explain to me how they've done it?

Thanks,

Rob

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

I don't have the Bravo, but I would suggest loading one of the "Online Snippets". Mark the corresponding axis and press the "Online Snippets" button on the r.h.s.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, petejohno1 said:

Les O'Rielly has just put out a youtube video addressing this.

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Has anyone used this method? I just set it up but when I move the trim wheel, it is a little jerky, it won't move all the way to the extremes up or down, and when I stop moving the wheel, it moves briefly in the opposite direction.

Thoughts?

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

UPDATE: The issue I was describing was because I fell into the trap of the Assistance settings being set back to easy and they were fighting what I was trying to do.

I do, however, have another Spad.Next question: I am having trouble trying to program the parking brake. I am trying to program it to a rocker switch on the Bravo and everything I do makes it operate in reverse of what I want. What I want is for the Up (on) position to be for the brake on and the down position to be for the Off position. Can anyone help with that?

For Parking Brakes on the rocker switch, I use the "Parking Brakes" Simulation Event on Press and on Release but with a Condition so they only fire when the value is actually changing
spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

Also,  @Rob Gthis video  was very helpful for me when I got the Bravo and Spad.NeXt. He has tons of videos on his YT channel. Really helped me to sort of understand the workings of SPAD. Still have alot to learn though 😆😁

Edited by SAPilot

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ