Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

Wilco CX "gps_export.dll"?

I installed CX but the above required dll is not in the Modules folder???Please help.

Ok, I've retrieved this file by installing CitationX in FS9 and copying it to FSX modules. I hope they are the same. I guess there's a problem in the installation exe for FSX, that does not place this file in the modules folder. Thus so many questions about importing the FS flight plan. Wilcopub's CX support page points to it, but does not give a clue where to get the file from if it is not in the Modules after the install. And btw, it's not that "some add-ons remove it or replace it with an older version" case.I hope nothing else is missing.

>Ok, I've retrieved this file by installing CitationX in FS9>and copying it to FSX modules. I hope they are the same. I>guess there's a problem in the installation exe for FSX, that>does not place this file in the modules folder. Thus so many>questions about importing the FS flight plan. Wilcopub's CX>support page points to it, but does not give a clue where to>get the file from if it is not in the Modules after the>install. And btw, it's not that "some add-ons remove it or>replace it with an older version" case.>>I hope nothing else is missing.FSX doesn't INSTALL gps_export.dll since it's not USED by FSX at all...Also, FSX doesn't create a Modules folder because all .dll files have now been moved to the root FSX folder (where fsx.exe is located)...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have a modules folder in FSX but I have installed FSUIPC so I guess the installation of this product must have created the modules folder. As I don't have FS9 installed any longer the need for "gps_export.dll" is becoming a right Royal pain in the posterior. :)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.