Sign in to follow this  
Guest giraffeclan

FSX Config Help required

Guest giraffeclan

Hi all, we are trying to get some cars to work in FSX but are having some real problems with keeping the thing on the ground.We have made new config files for the cars which has taken a while to get them on the ground all the time BUT they are on the ground when the game environment loads up but as soon as you un-pause the game, the car goes flying off backwards, flipping over and over and generally bouncing off the terrain.We have removed some of the config elements from the aircraft.cfg file that seemed irrelevant to the car like flaps, radio etc but are these needed in there anyway?If anyone could just point me in the right direction, that would be great OR does anyone know of any FSX cars currently out there that we could look at as this might also help with our animation problems displaying too?thanksGiraffeClan

There's a Jeep in the Avsim file library by VJPL Flight Lab whose file name is jeepfsx.zip. but as you can see in the screenshot it also refuses to stay on the ground.There is an interesting file in the FSX Misc section of the FlightSim file library called fsxpersn.zip which models a person walking. It stays on the ground most of the time, and in my experience it is the most satisfying way I've so far found to have a close look at the FSX scenery.Maybe you'll learn something from a look at the .cfg files of these two.Mike.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170623.jpg

Mike Beckwith

Guest giraffeclan

great, thanks for that, nice to see that I am not the only one who has this problem, i will look into the config files for those, thanks a lot

Guest giraffeclan

Hi again, further to the problems on keeping the cars on the ground, I can get them on the ground now without them bouncing all over the place with what I have been told is the FS dance of death. The problem is that when I get the car on the ground, it doesnt move very well as I presume it is bedding into the ground. The cars we are making and putting into FSX are going to be used as such as they are effectively game models with fairly high detail cockpits as well as exteriors and the idea was that they could be driven around the FSX world but there are loads of things that are causing issues like the sitting on the ground and animations not working. I have followed all the forums and internet links to get the cars to work and everything I end up doing seems to have a different effect than the other i.e. bouncing, crashing, dance of death of just plain refusing to sit on the ground.Attached is my aircraft.cfg file for the car (within a zip), do you think you may be able to have a quick scan over it for me and let me know if there is anything obviously wrong in it? In return for helping us sort this out, we will give you the packed up finished version of the car for free once it is complete. I cant say who we are doing it for for various reasons but if you can assist me on getting this working, I will get you a final version of it for free once it is all complete.cheers