Sign in to follow this  
woodstock327

P2A vectored me to opposite runway

I filed the NDB approach to RWY36 / GCLA in my flight plan, weather stayed the same when I got close, and P2A prepared me for the approach with 

"Continue descent via the LARY One Alpha arrival. for the NDB approach to runway Three Six ALPINE AIR Three Two Seven"

But when I received the first vectors "Turn right heading 356..." I knew something was wrong, and when I looked at the map it was obvious P2A was trying to vector me to the opposite runway:

spacer.png

Here's the approach plate:

2021-12-13-20-44-45-Sim-Toolkit-Pro.jpg%C2%A0

Not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it in case this can be fixed...

Thanks!
Dirk

2 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Dirk,

If this happens again, please email me the full P2A log file so I can see what might have caused this.

Dave

Thank you Dave, I sent you the log file from yesterday!

11 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Dirk. Thanks, but I haven't received it.

Please send again to admin@p2atc.com.

Thanks!

Dave

Ah sorry, I still had the old (admin@pilot2atc.com) address in my address book... Resent!

Thanks!

Dirk

to me this is one of the most annoying aspects of using a flight sim. i do not believe its a p2a issue. or at least in my case.

i check "windy.com" i check the ingame metar (xenviro metar search feature) for WINDS !!!! and thus active runways.
it has ALSO happened to me, that i get to destination and the winds have changed during the flight, thus changing the active runway.
then sometimes xplane depicts different weather than all the METARS , which show runway 8 as active, but xplane shows runway 26 as active. however p2a has never told me to change runway like the original poster mentioned. even though the winds have changed, they always gave me the runway , filed in the flight plan

In this particular case, there was a "circle to land" approach for runway 36 that follows the path of the VOR approach for Rwy 18.  P2A picked that one instead of the straight-in approach.

The next public beta should fix this.

Dave

Jup, just had it happen again.... winds are 060/6  at palma de mallorca, so, p2a says the active runway is 06.
when i arrive, all AI aircraft are taking off from runway 24 into my direction and landing AI aircraft are landing towards me.
if this is fixed in the next beta, that would be perfect 

What you describe is not fixed in the next beta. 

It is, as you explained in your previous post, an issue with winds being different in P2A vs the SIM, or the winds being light and variable and the SIM picking a different runway than P2A when winds don't matter.  

If you check the option on the FltPlan tab of config to "Match SIM Runway if Known", then P2A will attempt to ascertain what runway the SIM is using and follow suit.  However, this does not always work.

If you observe AI Traffic landing on a different runway before you start the STAR, you can request the desired Arrival Runway verbally.

If you notice it later, you can verbally request vectors to an approach to the desired runway.

Dave

15 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

What you describe is not fixed in the next beta. 

It is, as you explained in your previous post, an issue with winds being different in P2A vs the SIM, or the winds being light and variable and the SIM picking a different runway than P2A when winds don't matter.  

If you check the option on the FltPlan tab of config to "Match SIM Runway if Known", then P2A will attempt to ascertain what runway the SIM is using and follow suit.  However, this does not always work.

If you observe AI Traffic landing on a different runway before you start the STAR, you can request the desired Arrival Runway verbally.

If you notice it later, you can verbally request vectors to an approach to the desired runway.

Dave

Excellent, thanks for the useful info as always. I will try turning on the "match sim runway if known" option.
and yeah , IF the runway the AI was using had been the correct one, i would have changed the approach and told ATC to give ne the runway the AI was using. the thing is, the AI was using the wrong runway. winds in p2a were correct AND in xplane. i also have the weather in p2a set to "sim weather" . BOTH the sim AND p2a had the winds correct , but the AI was landing wrong any way. I did a go around and when i landed there was no AI landing or taking off in the minute so......... it kinda went well. Thanks again for the useful info

.... when i connected p2a to the sim at the very beginning of the flight, p2a showed incorrect active runway. it corrects itself after a short while...... when first connecting it also showed "runway 24 active at palma"........ i checked again in a while and p2a depicted runway 06 as active. how ever the AI aircraft must NOT be using p2a , so they didnt get the memo 😄 

Unfortunately, X-Plane AI does not include Runway information, so the Match SIM Runway does not currently work at all with X-Plane.

As with all things in the SIM world, things will change in the future and we might get to a point where all is in synch....OR, maybe not.

Dave

• Like 1