Sign in to follow this  
motishow

B787 doesn't follow flight plan

Yesterday a did a flight with B787 (including heavy mod) , all flight was perfect using AP, it follows the flight plan and respect altituted and speed restrictions, but when the plane arrive  to the last point before approach it goes crazy and  didn't follow the flight plan.

anyone with same problem and knows how to solve it?

thanks a lot

58 minutes ago, motishow said:

Yesterday a did a flight with B787 (including heavy mod) , all flight was perfect using AP, it follows the flight plan and respect altituted and speed restrictions, but when the plane arrive  to the last point before approach it goes crazy and  didn't follow the flight plan.

thanks a lot

Google "approach flyback bug". It's a bug that affected all aircraft from release and the fix is expected with SU8 (22 Feb 2022).

Workaround: set a direct route (DIR) to the next waypoint of the approach course.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

11 hours ago, motishow said:

I don't have this problem and the B787-10 HD is what I'm flying most of the time.

My habit is this:

1.  About 200m out from destination I open up LittleNavMap to view ground wind vectors in order to predict how ATC will likely route my approach and runway.

2.  I then go into the FMC, go to LEGS, then choose the destination airport and bring it to the top of LEGS, bypassing the last few waypoints--actually, the first of two entries.  So if landing for example at KSFO, there will be two KSFO's at the end of LEGS, before I enter my approach and runway.  I use the MSFS World Map planner, not SimBrief.  So now we're essentially Direct To the destination airport.

3.  Next, I decide which runway I will likely be directed to, and enter than in the FMC.

4. Back to LEGS in the FMC, and resolved discontinuities so that the first waypoint in the approach procedure is now on top, i.e. the next waypoint the AP will track. 

Works flawlessly every time.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

13 hours ago, Noel said:

I don't have this problem and the B787-10 HD is what I'm flying most of the time.

My habit is this:

1.  About 200m out from destination I open up LittleNavMap to view ground wind vectors in order to predict how ATC will likely route my approach and runway.

2.  I then go into the FMC, go to LEGS, then choose the destination airport and bring it to the top of LEGS, bypassing the last few waypoints--actually, the first of two entries.  So if landing for example at KSFO, there will be two KSFO's at the end of LEGS, before I enter my approach and runway.  I use the MSFS World Map planner, not SimBrief.  So now we're essentially Direct To the destination airport.

3.  Next, I decide which runway I will likely be directed to, and enter than in the FMC.

4. Back to LEGS in the FMC, and resolved discontinuities so that the first waypoint in the approach procedure is now on top, i.e. the next waypoint the AP will track. 

Works flawlessly every time.

That's a hell of a workaround and if the ATC directs you to a different approach/runway than those you predicted, you have to start over.

It's much more simple to do as I wrote: wait for the ATC, set the approach and immediately set a direct route to the first waypoint of the approach.

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

4 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

That's a hell of a workaround

I sympathise with that, personally I proceed as follows:

• Before the last waypoint on my route, I check the weather at destination and the winds (I use Aivlasoft EFB for that giving me all weather information)
  • Choose the runway I will likely use for landing
  • Select the STAR and VIA if applicable
  • Load into the FMC accordingly, eliminate discontinuity
  • Let the aircraft perform as planned.

The main trick is to ensure you do this before the last waypoint, otherwise you're in for a big show unless you switch to heading mode until you finish your approach planning!

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2,