Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

I just installed thru Orbx Central , very simple to install . Off to fly and test .....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flic1 said:

So it sets seasonal colors based on your location in-sim but then doesn't change?  If I fly from the NY to Florida I will have Fall colors the entire way?  If so, I am not really sure what is meant by dynamic, automatic, etc.

AccuSeason works in a couple of different ways.

Specific to Presets: If you apply an autumn or winter Preset, northern hemisphere areas in the sim that contain deciduous trees will display the colors that are described in the preset. Areas that contain deciduous trees, but are located in somewhat warmer regions will display different colors that are not as deep into autumn or winter respectively. Areas that contain deciduous trees that do not change colors, such as temperate or tropical areas will not display autumn or winter coloring. Also, areas in the southern hemisphere that are not temperate or tropical will display vegetation that is opposite of the northern hemisphere so if you select an autumn or winter preset, areas in the southern hemisphere will display spring or summer vegetation respectively.

Specific to Dynamic Seasons: The dynamic seasons feature works somewhat differently and provides a ton of variety. This displays vegetation colors based on how deep into autumn or winter different regions are. For instance, in the middle of November, areas in more northern latitudes will display autumn foliage that further along than foliage in more southern latitudes or warmer coastal areas and takes into account a wide span of time as to when foliage starts to change among the large number of regions that are depicted in the sim. Similar to what is stated about Presets, areas that contain deciduous trees that do not change colors, such as temperate or tropical areas will not display autumn or winter coloring. And, areas in the southern hemisphere that are not temperate or tropical will display vegetation that is opposite of the northern hemisphere so if you select an autumn or winter preset, areas in the southern hemisphere will display spring or summer vegetation respectively.

EcoRegions and Florida: MSFS categorizes geographical areas in the sim as EcoRegions. For your reference, here is a link to a map: https://ecoregions.appspot.com/  There are close to 850 EcoRegions in the world and these are used to designate things like tree types and colorization. If you look at the map, there are some EcoRegions that play nicely and others that are more difficult to work with. One of these more difficult EcoRegions is called Southeast US conifer savannas located in the southeastern portion of the United States. The reason it is somewhat difficult to work with is it spans a large area of the United States with a northern-most point of Washington DC/Baltimore and Newark New Jersey, a southern-most point of Fort Meyers, with a western-most point of Louisiana and Arkansas. Being that the northern and southern ends are the  WashingtonDC/Baltimore/Newark area and Central Florida respectively, we have to make a decision of what foliage should look like. So, should Washington DC and Newark display lush green foliage in middle and late autumn or should Ft. Meyers display autumn vegetation during autumn. We chose the former, which seemed to be the better option.

Unfortunately there are some constraints that we have to work around within the MSFS codebase. On a very positive note, there are approaches that we are looking at to adjust this specific situation and hopefully these will come to fruition because the nature of this product is it will continue to evolve. 

• Like 7

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

29 minutes ago, KERNEL32 said:

Capture.png

Our hope is we can build on the content and functionality that MS/Asobo implement in the future. That has been what REX is about, from Clouds and Weather to Airport Textures to Seasons and Vegetation. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I have spent only a couple hours with this REX offering and , for 25$ here, I have replaced my Bijan mods for a while. The REX offering doesn't require me to go through the checkforupdate/download new BijanZip/unzipnewBijan into AddonsLinkerBaseDirectory everytime a new Bijan update is released (I use Simmarket) every couple weeks.  Today I found that Milford Sound airport (New Zealand) did represent a summer flora, while my home location (KFNL) is properly winterish.. I'll not comment on my very limited experience today, but the REX seasons and their future vision seems baked into the product's success at the present purchase price. So I give REX a Thumbs-Up on this !

Edited by Eclex
  • Like 6

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Thanks MikeT707 for answering almost all these questions everyone's been asking, thanks for your honesty. I've owned other REX products and I am more than happy with them so as soon as I'm done typing this I'm heading over to ORBX and I'm getting this It looks GREAT!

Edited by Daytona125
Addition
  • Like 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

23 minutes ago, Eclex said:

I have spent only a couple hours with this REX offering and , for 25$ here, I have replaced my Bijan mods for a while. The REX offering doesn't require me to go through the checkforupdate/download new BijanZip/unzipnewBijan into AddonsLinkerBaseDirectory everytime a new Bijan update is released (I use Simmarket) every couple weeks.  Today I found that Milford Sound airport (New Zealand) did represent a summer flora, while my home location (KFNL) is properly winterish.. I'll not comment on my very limited experience today, but the REX seasons and their future vision seems baked into the product's success at the present purchase price. So I give REX a Thumbs-Up on this !

Thanks so much for your kind comments. :smile:

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

13 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

Thanks MikeT707 for answering almost all these questions everyone's been asking, thanks for your honesty. I've owned other REX products and I am more than happy with them so as soon as I'm done typing this I'm heading over to ORBX and I'm getting this It looks GREAT!

Very nice to hear and I appreciate the kind words. I hope you really enjoy our product. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Can I use the seasons without the Live Weather  ( cloud presets , only )   ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

19 minutes ago, Sphynnx said:

Can I use the seasons without the Live Weather  ( cloud presets , only )   ??

Yes, you sure can. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Mike. I just downloaded the ORBX version which automatically installs the product in the Community folder via ORBX Central (I have the Steam version). I use the Addon Linker and was wondering, where are the "Accuseason" data files located (installed). I do not see them in the Community folder? Is it only approx. 1GB in size. If so I won't worry about it.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Reading the User guide it states that to "Enable" \ "Disable" the "Automated Dynamic Seasons" OR when "Applying Dynamic Seasons Manually" I must "Make sure Microsoft Flight Simulator is running". Is that correct? I am confused. I would think the "User interface" settings could be done without the Simulator running.

Regards,

Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

37 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

Reading the User guide it states that to "Enable" \ "Disable" the "Automated Dynamic Seasons" OR when "Applying Dynamic Seasons Manually" I must "Make sure Microsoft Flight Simulator is running". Is that correct? I am confused. I would think the "User interface" settings could be done without the Simulator running.

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom. In looking at this closer, you are able to configure the settings without the sim running. 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

In the REX folder there is a folder called log. I have lotsa files with alerts. Everytime I make a new season a new alert file is made. What files is REX downloading and where is the files ? Not in the Community folder. Only files in Community is json and some pictures. I knew it. Should not have bought it. Word not allowed.

Edited by deepstar

@MikeT707, just a quick question (I haven't seen anything in this thread to answer this but apologies if I missed it). I'm currently a user of the Bijan software, but I might well try this out. The post from deepstar raises the question for me though. Can I use the addons linker to enable and disable your product in the same way as I would the Bijan products? Or does your stuff go straight in and modify files in the base sim? Can I run with your seasons package installed but fully turned off, i.e. can I be sure that there would be no conflicts if I wanted to run comparison flights/replays between the two environments, or would I have to uninstall Rex Seasons to use Bijan's stuff? Been a user of various Rex products over the years and have always been a little unsure of what some of those products have actually installed and where.

cheers,

Andy

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.