Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

14 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I dont see the tree colour not being draw behind the aircraft in the vid nore it being draw in in frount but the camera is always facing behind🙄, but I see not cut off line.

This video made me refrain from buying it, there's no leaves on trees in Sweden right now! I Looks more like late September to mid October to me, and almost the whole country lays in snow right now, I think I keep Bijan's Mod.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I am seeing a new user: C:\Users\reeds\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\rex_accuseason "reeds". Who is reeds? That is not me.  Where did that come from? Why is REX doing this. The app should be pointing to my personal User. In addon linker I get a message saying "could not read the maifest.json file" Could that be why I see no season changes.

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

17 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

I am seeing a new user: C:\Users\reeds\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\rex_accuseason "reeds". Who is reeds? That is not me.  Where did that come from? Why is REX doing this. The app should be pointing to my personal User. In addon linker I get a message saying "could not read the maifest.json file" Could that be why I see no season changes.

strange  but  "reeds"  is  one  of the  devs  at  rex you  should  post your  issues  at the  rex  forum  where  you  will  get  a solution

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

And there's no leaves on trees in Sweden right now! I Looks more like late September to mid October to me, and almost the whole country lays in snow right now, I think I keep Bijan's Mod.

Hi Ixoye, thanks for your comments. The trees that are depicted in the Automated Dynamic Seasons in the southern part of Sweden this week are the Winter Deciduous Trees. These types of trees can be found in the Winter Deciduous Trees section of the AccuSeason product page.  https://rexsimulations.com/accuseason.html   

This is the closest option to leafless trees that is available from the MSFS codebase. I wish MSFS had leafless trees that we could use, but unfortunately they do not at this point, but maybe in the future.

The winter deciduous trees that we implemented are the best that MSFS has available for depicting leafless winter trees and they look pretty convincing. Here are some images in southern Sweden that I just took. Thanks.

MHEA8CO.jpg

OAclPY0.jpg

8MMJydW.jpg

6OMH5zT.jpg

3t8b7wz.jpg

• Like 3

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

1 hour ago, TomCYYZ said:

1. Go to C:\Users\ and delete reeds

2. Start AccuSeason/Settings and choose custom Community then choose a location

3. Create a season, then go into Addons Linker and link rex_accuseason

27 minutes ago, deepstar said:

1. Go to C:\Users\ and delete reeds

2. Start AccuSeason/Settings and choose custom Community then choose a location

3. Create a season, then go into Addons Linker and link rex_accuseason

Thanks Deepstar, that is exactly the info I needed. It worked!

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

6 hours ago, rstough said:

To answer your question about using REX and the other product:  You will need to remove the one before you use REX.  That way there are no conflicts.

To answer your question about the Add-on linker:  I can't not answer this in that I have never used it nor have our testers.

Hi Reed,

I'm sort of assuming from the first statement here that the reverse is also true? If so, my question is still - does AccuSeasons modify any "base" textures or similar in a way that would require restoring through the app or uninstallation of the app itself to put the sim back to its original state? Not trying to be picky here, just want to understand properly. One of the nice things about MSFS is that it seems as if addons can be relied on to remain truly external from the base folder structure/sim environment (and the addons linker just enhances that environment a little bit more).

cheers

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Reed,

I'm sort of assuming from the first statement here that the reverse is also true? If so, my question is still - does AccuSeasons modify any "base" textures or similar in a way that would require restoring through the app or uninstallation of the app itself to put the sim back to its original state? Not trying to be picky here, just want to understand properly. One of the nice things about MSFS is that it seems as if addons can be relied on to remain truly external from the base folder structure/sim environment (and the addons linker just enhances that environment a little bit more).

cheers

Well, I dont think they insert new base textures. MikeT707 says that they use MSFS default. REX only makes those xml files to modify base textures. They do download something.

Edited by deepstar

22 minutes ago, deepstar said:

Well, I dont think they insert new base textures. MikeT707 says that they use MSFS default. REX only makes those xml files to modify base textures. They do download something.

Exactly!

No textures were copied or installed at the installation of this product. You will get a new folder "rex_accuseason" which contains XML- and JSON-files only.
So you can activate or deactivate this folder by using the AddOn Linker.

Patric

Edited by pscharff
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, andy1252 said:

I'm sort of assuming from the first statement here that the reverse is also true? If so, my question is still - does AccuSeasons modify any "base" textures or similar in a way that would require restoring through the app or uninstallation of the app itself to put the sim back to its original state?

Hello Andy, there are no core files overwritten, it's a safe installation method via the community folder integration.

• Like 1

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

On 12/15/2021 at 5:28 AM, Ricardo41 said:

I'll be buying this for sure. (I'm not expecting a perfect season mod).

Bought. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Bought. 

Excellent! Thank you and we hope you enjoy AccuSeasons. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

For a future update, I think it'd be cool to select the trees per biome for the dynamic one. Similar to your cloud packs for P3D. You can select 1-4 trees that will cycle. So if you want only barren trees in the north, those are selected for the biomes that have those kind of trees, but it still changes with seasons.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

I bought it too, it seems to work well in automatic setting, I set the Task Schedule to run as soon as possible if my computer is off at the scheduled time.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

3 hours ago, timest said:

Hello Andy, there are no core files overwritten, it's a safe installation method via the community folder integration.

Thanks Tim, and that's what I wanted to hear. I'll get myself a copy in the next few days and check it out.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.