Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

13 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Marketplace is a great platform

If by "a great platform" you mean the worst in game shop ever to exist then we're in agreement.  😉

• Like 5

Hi all and @MikeT707,

I wanted to ask for clarification regarding the functioning of REX AccuSeason.
Do I have to start the sim and then the app so that it injects the chosen preset or the dynamic automatic function?
When I close the sim, depending on the preset chosen or the automatic dynamic function, does everything go back to default? Or do I have to manually uninstall the files inserted by the program?
Does the app inject the files needed for the flight only and then everything goes back to default?

The correct procedure is the following?
1 start the sim
2 launch the app to inject the preset or dynamic auto mode
3 close the app
4 close the sim to return to the default

Thank you.

Gianmarco

Edited by gianmarcoragazzoni

Sounds like you need to download the updated PDF manual - it's all explained there, far better than I can.

As far as I'm aware, AccuSeason doesn't *inject* anything ("on the fly"). It creates (and *installs*) an additional set of textures and XML files that get activated using the usual Communuty folder-style addon procedure ie. when active, they over-ride the [existing] MSFS defaults (which always remain untouched).

1) Launch AccuSeason and create/save the deisred season/preset.
2) You can now close AccuSeason - it's done its job.
3) Launch MSFS.

The installed season will remain in place until you either re-run a new date/season or, if you've enabled the "auto" function, they're replaced by a new set the next day.

As I said - check the manual to confirm!

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

28 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Sounds like you need to download the updated PDF manual - it's all explained there, far better than I can.

As far as I'm aware, AccuSeason doesn't *inject* anything ("on the fly"). It creates (and *installs*) an additional set of textures and XML files that get activated using the usual Communuty folder-style addon procedure ie. when active, they over-ride the [existing] MSFS defaults (which always remain untouched).

1) Launch AccuSeason and create/save the deisred season/preset.
2) You can now close AccuSeason - it's done its job.
3) Launch MSFS.

The installed season will remain in place until you either re-run a new date/season or, if you've enabled the "auto" function, they're replaced by a new set the next day.

As I said - check the manual to confirm!

Thanks @Adamski_NZ

summarizing, I activate the app and choose the preset or the automatic dynamic function and the program automatically inserts the files in the Community folder?
Then I activate the sim and make the flight.
To uninstall, just delete the files installed in the Community folder like any other addon?
Correct?

Thanks.

Gianmarco

Edited by gianmarcoragazzoni

11 minutes ago, gianmarcoragazzoni said:

Thanks @Adamski_NZ

summarizing, I activate the app and choose the preset or the automatic dynamic function and the program automatically inserts the files in the Community folder?
To uninstall, just delete the files installed in the Community folder like any other addon?
Correct?

Thanks.

Gianmarco

Roughly correct.

1. If you've set up automation, the automation task will run at a time of your choosing (I suggest setting it so it will run when you log on to your PC).
2. You could just delete the files, I'm not at my gaming PC ("old potato", thanks Mr. Fuzzy) but I believe there is a delete option within the REX settings interface.

5 hours ago, gianmarcoragazzoni said:

Thanks @Adamski_NZ

Correct?

Thanks.

Gianmarco

Hi gianmarcorabozzoni. Thanks for the question and Adam is correct, you can download or just access the updated manual with the following link: http://rexsimulations.com/accuseason-user-manual.pdf

Basically, the way to change a preset or enable the Automated Dynamic Seasons is, first of all, make sure you have exited out of the sim. Have AccuSeason running and then either enable the Automated Dynamic Seasons feature or apply a different preset. From there, start MSFS and the changes will apply. (MSFS loads vegetation data only on startup)

To remove presets or any changes AccuSeason applied, just go to the Settings page in the AccuSeason application and click the big blue button that is labeled "Restore". The text right above that button reads, Click the RESTORE button to remove REX AccuSeason from the Microsoft Flight Simulator community folder. This way you don't have to go into the Community folder manually. By the way, this is important to know when MSFS puts out updates and you need to remove content from the Community folder.

Here is a screenshot of the Settings page in the app for your reference:

pILeEiC.jpg

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I own Rex Weather and now AccuSeason and it's amazing. Since the latest build of the REX Weather - awesome performance and visusals now, and weather depiction like IRL and forecasts - I'm a very happy camper.

REX did an awesome job for customers! Congrats and merry Xmas!

Regards

Michael

spacer.png

Edited by MichaelLowl
  • Like 3

I agree, REX Accuseason is a winner. And it works without issues in the beta and has no impact on framerates.

• Like 2

After a few days now.. I can't live without this product. For the price, light weight download..  I'm pretty petty when it comes to products that I pay for and what I expect..

Ya know what..  It does the trick.. The marketing isn't over promising. The price is right, and honestly it sort of exceeded my expectations. 

• Like 4

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

This product seems to work very well, I change it manually every new week, it's easier than downloading and updating Bijan's mod every week, I'm starting to get anxious every time I get an update message from Bijan, I'm glad to avoid it, I think I will buy REX Weather too.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 12/15/2021 at 7:41 PM, MikeT707 said:

AccuSeason works in a couple of different ways.

Specific to Presets: If you apply an autumn or winter Preset, northern hemisphere areas in the sim that contain deciduous trees will display the colors that are described in the preset. Areas that contain deciduous trees, but are located in somewhat warmer regions will display different colors that are not as deep into autumn or winter respectively. Areas that contain deciduous trees that do not change colors, such as temperate or tropical areas will not display autumn or winter coloring. Also, areas in the southern hemisphere that are not temperate or tropical will display vegetation that is opposite of the northern hemisphere so if you select an autumn or winter preset, areas in the southern hemisphere will display spring or summer vegetation respectively.

Specific to Dynamic Seasons: The dynamic seasons feature works somewhat differently and provides a ton of variety. This displays vegetation colors based on how deep into autumn or winter different regions are. For instance, in the middle of November, areas in more northern latitudes will display autumn foliage that further along than foliage in more southern latitudes or warmer coastal areas and takes into account a wide span of time as to when foliage starts to change among the large number of regions that are depicted in the sim. Similar to what is stated about Presets, areas that contain deciduous trees that do not change colors, such as temperate or tropical areas will not display autumn or winter coloring. And, areas in the southern hemisphere that are not temperate or tropical will display vegetation that is opposite of the northern hemisphere so if you select an autumn or winter preset, areas in the southern hemisphere will display spring or summer vegetation respectively.

EcoRegions and Florida: MSFS categorizes geographical areas in the sim as EcoRegions. For your reference, here is a link to a map: https://ecoregions.appspot.com/  There are close to 850 EcoRegions in the world and these are used to designate things like tree types and colorization. If you look at the map, there are some EcoRegions that play nicely and others that are more difficult to work with. One of these more difficult EcoRegions is called Southeast US conifer savannas located in the southeastern portion of the United States. The reason it is somewhat difficult to work with is it spans a large area of the United States with a northern-most point of Washington DC/Baltimore and Newark New Jersey, a southern-most point of Fort Meyers, with a western-most point of Louisiana and Arkansas. Being that the northern and southern ends are the  WashingtonDC/Baltimore/Newark area and Central Florida respectively, we have to make a decision of what foliage should look like. So, should Washington DC and Newark display lush green foliage in middle and late autumn or should Ft. Meyers display autumn vegetation during autumn. We chose the former, which seemed to be the better option.

Unfortunately there are some constraints that we have to work around within the MSFS codebase. On a very positive note, there are approaches that we are looking at to adjust this specific situation and hopefully these will come to fruition because the nature of this product is it will continue to evolve. 

Hello,

I'm a Florida flier here.  Just wondering how things are coming along for this area?  I do understand there are limitations within MSFS's codebase, however Flying in the Tampa Bay area during fall and winter using REX Accuseason is a no-go.  I have to change the time of year to Spring during both of these seasons since the colors of the trees are either too colorful or too dark and brown if I use spring and winter respectivley.  I hate to mention  Bijon's product here, but when I purchased his product he did make some adjustments that toned the colors down in fall and made it more realistic.  I do like your product because of the trees adjustment.  Currently your Accuseason is only truly able to be used for both Spring and Summer seasons only here in Florida.

Gary

On 12/15/2021 at 3:55 AM, Silicus said:

What all of those season mods totally miss is that not only foliage changes with the season, but all of nature, ground, grass etc. I see snow on green grass. 

Only a half done product. I will wait for Asobo's implementation. 

Grass colour here in the UK remains green all year. 

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, iflygary said:

Hello,

I'm a Florida flier here.  Just wondering how things are coming along for this area?  I do understand there are limitations within MSFS's codebase, however Flying in the Tampa Bay area during fall and winter using REX Accuseason is a no-go.  I have to change the time of year to Spring during both of these seasons since the colors of the trees are either too colorful or too dark and brown if I use spring and winter respectivley.  I hate to mention  Bijon's product here, but when I purchased his product he did make some adjustments that toned the colors down in fall and made it more realistic.  I do like your product because of the trees adjustment.  Currently your Accuseason is only truly able to be used for both Spring and Summer seasons only here in Florida.

Gary

Being in South Florida myself this is a Major issue for me and reason number one why I'm holding off on buying for now...

Hopefully, this can be addressed at some point!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris Camp

3 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Grass colour here in the UK remains green all year. 

Not here in Canada.

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

"it's easier than downloading and updating Bijan's mod every week"

Hmmm... not sure what this means as his program is updated but not nearly every week, maybe every month or two at best.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K