Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

9 hours ago, flieger28 said:

Is there a specific day of the week when it is changed. Because then i would be able to change the task accordingly. Right now i start seasons every time i log on with my user. But if it's changed only once per week, that isn't necessary.

Hi flieger. The files change on Tuesdays for now. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hello Everyone.
I wanted to let all of you know that we recently updated AccuSeason to include an enhancement to one of our features, which has been asked for in this forum.

This enhancement is related to the daily system task that runs on AccuSeason to make sure you have the latest season files.

When this feature was originally released, the task would run at 12pm based on our system time. We have now included the ability for you to choose the hour in the day for the task to be run.

Thank you all.
  • Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

13 minutes ago, rstough said:
When this feature was originally released, the task would run at 12pm based on our system time. We have now included the ability for you to choose the hour in the day for the task to be run.

Thank you all.

If my computer is not turned on at the time, what happens then?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

9 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

It will not run.  The computer must be on for it to run.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

5 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

The task will not run if the PC is off.  You can set the Windows scheduler to 'Run the task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed'.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I've set REX Seasons to run its automation when I log onto my PC.

This program is "set it and forget it" - and that's the way I like it. No fiddling around with folders, installing java, moving "asset packs" here, and whatever.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

Hello all, 

We included some major changes today for AccuSeason during our server update. As these changes are backend server-side, there is no need to update the AccuSeason application as they are already live.

CHANGELOG:

ENHANCED - Winter deciduous trees (the winter trees that look dormant as they display much less leaves than fully leaved trees) and corresponding scrubs and shrubs to display a more natural and darker tone for Automated Dynamic Seasons, as well as the Cold Snap and Dead of Winter presets.

ENHANCED - Vegetation in the December through February weekly updates to display darker green colors (which are more accurate to this region) during the automated weekly updates for Automated Dynamic Seasons within the Patagonia region in southern Argentina and Chile.

ENHANCED - Vegetation in the December through February weekly updates to display darker green colors (which are more accurate to this region) during the automated weekly updates for Automated Dynamic Seasons within the cities in Australia and New Zealand.

INCREASED - Variety of trees by adding a variation of pine trees within regions that contain both deciduous and conifer trees for Automated Dynamic Seasons.

ADDED - The weeks for February for Automated Dynamic Seasons, except the final week, which is when the Spring season starts to transition in. More to come soon!

• Like 8

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Hi everyone. I wanted to get some images up to show some of the changes that occurred with the most recent update. Here are a few shots from Patagonia in southern Argentina and Chile. I think Asobo/Microsoft have done a great job depicting this area of the world and I hope you like the updated colors to the vegetation that AccuSeason provides with the latest update. 

EprtMnD.jpg

WmmaD59.jpg

i9q8kA5.jpg

gMaYRZG.jpg

RqcgeYm.jpg

Kxi8vBD.jpg

y9bq6NF.jpg

vb1iaSR.jpg

P5N6XKA.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Look awesome. I haven't pulled the trigger on this one yet, but I'm definitely going to be swayed soon.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Been using new updates and find them EXCELLENT !! Thanks REX team !  Also enjoying some very nice weather injection from Weather Force, your OVC skies beat Asobo every single day !! 

• Like 3

WAT1460.png

Hello all! I just wanted to update everyone that we released Service Update 1.1 for AccuSeason today, and it's already live without the need to update the application. The changes were made server-side. Here's the changelog:

ADDED - The last week of February (2/22-2/28) to Automated Dynamic Seasons

FIXED - Compatibility issues with LGSK (ORBX Skiathos International)

• Like 5

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

For reference, I wanted to add some images of the superb ORBX Skiathos airport with the AccuSeason fix mentioned above.

Z2tBNeU.jpg

1k4DuVD.jpg

a8LUdmK.jpg

m6sOQn8.jpg

• Like 6

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I am starting a Caribbean trek which will last about three weeks.  After that this is the first update on my list, after SU8 and any updates that REX Seasons might need at that time.  Great images.  Solid proof statements!

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi all. Wanted to give you information on the recent Feature Update v1.0 that was released a few days ago.

The highlight of this release was the addition of a new section for Enhanced Content in the AccuSeason app, which is a section where we will be adding content to improve specific places around the world.

And the first enhanced content that is now available is specific to central and northern Florida and the southeastern U.S. coast to display vegetation that better represents the region. In essence, warmer climate vegetation, which is mostly green, will display throughout the seasons and is especially useful in autumn and winter.

C8VFGzw.jpg

This enhancement is available in all 24 seasonal presets as well as in all weekly sets within our Automated Dynamic Seasons feature. As a side note, we currently have 35 weeks live and soon will have all 52 weeks to represent weekly changes to vegetation every week of the year.

We also added functionality to control additional updates to the system, as well as to download upcoming specialized regional content without the need for end-user download and installation.

If you want further information, here is a link: https://rexsimulations.com/accuseason.html#header02-r6

More updates and content are coming very soon to AccuSeason so keep an eye out, and lastly, I have included some images of Florida and southeastern United States below.

k4PAzXT.jpg

uZ1aCMN.jpg

4QZvWBr.jpg

1CPDONq.jpg

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

1 hour ago, MikeT707 said:

And the first enhanced content that is now available is specific to central and northern Florida and the southeastern U.S. coast to display vegetation that better represents the region. In essence, warmer climate vegetation, which is mostly green, will display throughout the seasons and is especially useful in autumn and winter.

Much better. Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot