Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

Recommended Posts

After watching videos on YouTube, this looks good to me.  I will install tomorrow for my Birthday gift to me!

  • Like 2

I9-10900kf - rtx3090

32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

After watching videos on YouTube, this looks good to me.  I will install tomorrow for my Birthday gift to me!

Happy Birthday Frank, and I hope you enjoy it. 

  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purchased on Orbx, wont install "Communication error occurred when trying to perform this action". 1.5 TB free space, so ruled that out.

[Fixed] Over zealous WD in windows 11

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 11 , Samsung 43 UHD TV, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels,Stream Deck XL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

For a future update, I think it'd be cool to select the trees per biome for the dynamic one. Similar to your cloud packs for P3D. You can select 1-4 trees that will cycle. So if you want only barren trees in the north, those are selected for the biomes that have those kind of trees, but it still changes with seasons.

Hi V1ROTA7E. Not sure I understand. Can you tell me more? Thanks.


spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought this at Orbix. Seemed to install fine. My problem is that the setting for short trees will not stick. 

I select short trees, but if I click on the settings UI again the 'default' button is activated and the 'short trees' button is off. 

If I select 'short' trees, and exit the application, when I restart the app the trees selection is back to default.

If I select 'tall' trees, the setting holds.

I am using 'automated' setting for seasons.

I tried running the app as administrator but that didn't make any difference.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.


Robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

Hi V1ROTA7E. Not sure I understand. Can you tell me more? Thanks.

The way I understand the dynamic mode is, it will rotate through the different tree configurations on a weekly basis. Is that right?

If so, what I'm asking for is to be able to have the trees change with the seasons, based on system time, BUT allow the user to select whether they want a specific kind of tree set for the season, instead of rotating them all each week. So if people want barren trees throughout winter, they can select barren trees and forget about it. Once spring rolls around, the trees will automatically go to the next spring preset, taking advantage of they dynamic aspect of the program. I hope that makes a bit more sense.


i9-11900K | 64 GB RAM | RTX 3090

B747-400/800 Pilot

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Bought this at Orbix. Seemed to install fine. My problem is that the setting for short trees will not stick. 

I select short trees, but if I click on the settings UI again the 'default' button is activated and the 'short trees' button is off. 

If I select 'short' trees, and exit the application, when I restart the app the trees selection is back to default.

If I select 'tall' trees, the setting holds.

I am using 'automated' setting for seasons.

I tried running the app as administrator but that didn't make any difference.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

 

Hi Romeo_Tango. Thanks for letting us know. I just tried that and it looks like you found a bug. I will send some information along to get this fixed.

There is a really simple work-around that you can do in the meantime. First make sure to exit out of MSFS. Open AccuSeason, go to Settings, and select Short Trees. Then go to the Automation page and turn the "Enable AccuSeason automated dynamic seasons" toggle to off. Below in the Manual Dynamic Season Changes section, select December in the dropdown and click on the "Dec 14 - Dec 20" button. The vegetation models and textures will load in your sim. Once that is done, fire up MSFS and you will be good to go. 

Thanks and let me know if that works. 


spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

The way I understand the dynamic mode is, it will rotate through the different tree configurations on a weekly basis. Is that right?

If so, what I'm asking for is to be able to have the trees change with the seasons, based on system time, BUT allow the user to select whether they want a specific kind of tree set for the season, instead of rotating them all each week. So if people want barren trees throughout winter, they can select barren trees and forget about it. Once spring rolls around, the trees will automatically go to the next spring preset, taking advantage of they dynamic aspect of the program. I hope that makes a bit more sense.

Thanks for the explanation. AccuSeason moves through autumn to winter vegetation coloring in a progressive way meaning week 1 you see mostly green trees with some yellow trees. Week 2 have green trees with a higher percentage of yellow trees. Week 3 less green, more yellow, and some orange. Week 4 even less green, more yellow, and more orange, and it moves along week by week like you see in nature where you see more until trees are brown and then eventually many leaves fall off. 

This is what is depicted in the following visual as you see the weeks pass by and the vegetation progress naturally from early fall to dormancy in winter:

u6s47zn.gif

By the way, and this is really important. The fall season does not start the same time everywhere so different regions start color changes at different times in the autumn like it does in the real world.

So color changes (being U.S.-specific here but this is global) begin early in the northern part of New England and the northern part of the Upper Midwest, then the next week autumn starts in areas a bit more south of that and the first regions I mentioned above get a bit more autumn coloring. The following week, more areas start the autumn color process, and the first two areas progress in a deeper autumn coloring, and it goes on. 

Therefore, if you are flying around in the beginning of October, areas like New England or the Upper Midwest will have full bloom autumn taking place and areas below there will be a bit into autumn colors, and other areas below them and in warmer areas will still be green trees until they get their turn and then those green trees start the autumn coloring process. 

 

The other option a user can do, which might be what you were looking for, is just to select the barren trees for the winter and leave it at that until spring arrives and then select a spring preset. If that is what you were asking, you can do that by going to the Winter section and selecting either the Cold Snap preset, which is a mix of brown leafy trees the barren-looking trees. Or you can select Dead of Winter preset, which displays only the barren-looking trees. Here are some images. Let me know if either of my responses answered your question, which I appreciate.

Cold Snap Preset

KOMfhpu.jpg

Cold Snap Preset with some evergreen trees mixed in

1RYmOeR.jpg

Cold Snap Preset with Conifers in the background

adGfvnl.jpg

Dead of Winter Preset

7AYHWzd.jpg

5aw79j3.jpg

  • Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah ok. well that's pretty cool. A bit more dynamic than I originally thought.


i9-11900K | 64 GB RAM | RTX 3090

B747-400/800 Pilot

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

ah ok. well that's pretty cool. A bit more dynamic than I originally thought.

Good to hear. Thanks for the question above and I hope you enjoy AccuSeason. 


spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeT707 said:

 

Hi Romeo_Tango. Thanks for letting us know. I just tried that and it looks like you found a bug. I will send some information along to get this fixed.

There is a really simple work-around that you can do in the meantime. First make sure to exit out of MSFS. Open AccuSeason, go to Settings, and select Short Trees. Then go to the Automation page and turn the "Enable AccuSeason automated dynamic seasons" toggle to off. Below in the Manual Dynamic Season Changes section, select December in the dropdown and click on the "Dec 14 - Dec 20" button. The vegetation models and textures will load in your sim. Once that is done, fire up MSFS and you will be good to go. 

Thanks and let me know if that works. 

Hi, I tried the setting you suggested. I am not sure that works for me. I don't see any perceptible change in tree height. In addition, when I start the app with this new setting the tree height setting is back on default, same as I described when using the full automated setting.

Anxiously awaiting a fix. Apart from this bug, I think this app is a nice add on for MSFS.

Thanks.


Robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Anxiously awaiting a fix. Apart from this bug, I think this app is a nice add on for MSFS.

Thanks.

Glad to hear you are liking the app. I did submit a ticket right after we spoke to get a fix in the works. Thanks so much. 


spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys at REX why do you have to make it so darned complicated????????
 

I purchased this and am being sent form to form to another site to another form filling out bits and pieces from three emails,,,, then it says you need to sign in to  another site and get a download manager which then said your information is INVALID... or some whurly tour like that not sure i remember all the steps

 

GIVE ME A BREAK........or a refund

 

No I have not been able to download it yet

Will try again tomorrow

FRUSTRATED

Edited by peppy197

                 VR now RULES the SKIES

                                                      in   Canada

i7-10700K, 64G RAM, 24G VRAM EVGA 3090, 5TB (3xSSD), REVERB G2
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

You guys at REX why do you have to make it so darned complicated????????
 

I purchased this and am being sent form to form to another site to another form filling out bits and pieces from three emails,,,, then it says you need to sign in to  another site and get a download manager which then said your information is INVALID... or some whurly tour like that not sure i remember all the steps

 

GIVE ME A BREAK........or a refund

 

No I have not been able to download it yet

Will try again tomorrow

FRUSTRATED

Our store software is a legacy system.  We are in process of transitioning off. 

REX AXIS is there to help one manage their products into the future as we provide updates.  Eventually it will be the central hub. 

We ask for patience as we work through this transition. 

We simplified the main interface to download with out the need of an account. 


Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

website:  www.rexsimulations.com
support: support@rexgamestudios.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...