Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

UK2000 will no longer make scenery for P3D

Come on, no need for so much hate. It's a business decision; FlyTampa might be able to still afford development for P3D (or at least make the impression), but for all those small devs the crumbling user base of P3D has made this barely profitable.
Since I can theoretically stay with v5 for the next 50 years, it's not that much of a problem (I don't think v6 will be worth it, especially without all those airports updated). UK2000 has a sale right now (up to 40%) and I went on to buy a couple of UK airports for P3D that I don't have yet.

• Like 2

No surprise. Once the decision to make EGJJ only for MSFS, the writing was on the wall.
Orbx were providing UK airport scenery for a while, but I doubt they'll be interested in tying-up their developers in lengthy projects for P3D to give us contemporary versions of Gatwick, Manchester, Stansted, Glasgow, Cardiff, Birmingham and Aberdeen.

Starting to feel a bit like the end of FS9 here. I wouldn't mind, except that my move from FS9 was to a maturing platform that was P3Dv4.0. Right now, MSFS feels nowhere near.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Can't say that I blame him at all.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

Uk2000 is so much FS2004/FSX stuff that I'm not sure whether I should I laugh or cry reading their statement. Good luck and good riddance.

I’m not sure the “good riddance” comment was necessary. UK2000 airports provided a nice balance between complexity and performance that satisfied many people over a number of years.

For those wanting British airports Gary’s products filled that hole in the market. No one else bothered and given the huge number of British flight sim enthusiasts they were very popular.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Well, since P3D allows you to stay on a specific version...

[...]

So IMO, I don't think it's comparable to a car company that won't produce spare parts anymore.

Forget the car analogies, they never really fit computer stuff...

I'm really not expecting UK2000 to support me and my sim until my PC implodes. I do understand companies focusing on MSFS, but I also think leaving P3D in the dust is short-sighted. UK2000 have left a door open, but their conditions are improbable to happen anytime soon.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

I for one am sorry to hear the news, they have been and continue to be a visiting point for me in FSX and P3D. I fly mainly around the UK and my flying experience would of been less immersive without them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m not sure the “good riddance” comment was necessary. UK2000 airports provided a nice balance between complexity and performance that satisfied many people over a number of years.

For those wanting British airports Gary’s products filled that hole in the market. No one else bothered and given the huge number of British flight sim enthusiasts they were very popular.

And? Last time I checked all UK2000 airports perfectly work in P3D environment.

Yes, Gary has steadily supplied UK airports over the course of 22 years. These airports are essentially FS9 products with numerous FSX/P3D patches, but they have never been truly P3D developments. Gary simply does not want to adapt - that's all. There was no need to write such a long statement.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

There was no need to write such a long statement.

There was because I wanted to express an opinion and provide a balance to your post.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

It's a shame, I have many of UK2000's airports and I don't recall any of them using PBR, Material Scripting, nor sloped runway support, nor dynamic lighting (all new features provided by P3D that make a significant visual difference).  So I think it's a bit unfair to suggest technology limits with P3D when those features haven't been used in their products.

Yes, I call them FS2004-derivatives 🙂 

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

Yes, I call them FS2004-derivatives 🙂 

Describe them as you wish. No need for the good riddance comment.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

It's a shame, I have many of UK2000's airports and I don't recall any of them using PBR, Material Scripting, nor sloped runway support, nor dynamic lighting (all new features provided by P3D that make a significant visual difference).

UK2000 Xtreme and HD airports for P3D have all been updated to use dynamic lighting, Rob.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Actually, you can add the DL to any airport by using ADE. You just need to know a height of an object (a lamp pole) and a name of the DL effect (*fx file) you're intended to use. 

9 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

And? Last time I checked all UK2000 airports perfectly work in P3D environment.

Yes, Gary has steadily supplied UK airports over the course of 22 years. These airports are essentially FS9 products with numerous FSX/P3D patches, but they have never been truly P3D developments. Gary simply does not want to adapt - that's all. There was no need to write such a long statement.

1.  Not sure all the animosity.  Why people get personal over a business decision is beyond me.   

2.  He didn't come to the P3D forum to write that post and slag P3D in any way.  He was asked for an update on HIS social media channels and commented.  Someone else copied/pasted it here and unsurprisingly their has been animosity here from some over his decision and met with good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out.  Personally I loved his work for many many years, respect his decision and wish him the best.  Thank you for the memories.  

It's like the New England fans who turned on Brady they second the guy left.  How quickly they forgot the rings he brought them.... 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

4 minutes ago, georgio1952 said:

I have never used their product, i will not miss it at all ..

Great then they won't miss your business either.  Nothing gained nothing lost by either party so very useful information!   Yeah, I'm not adding much at this point either just having fun with people's responses LOL.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg