Sign in to follow this  
tup61

FBW A32NX seems to get worse instead of better

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

Start at FACT runway 01 (or from gate doesn't matter). Destination airport FALW, approach ILS 20L. You could use KODE1A as departure but this is where the crazy routing starts as soon as you. select it in the MCU.

Alternatively paste into Simbrief: FACT D354H OKLAS D022Q EVUKI D054I CD20L FD20L LWV FALW then select ILS 20L in the MCDU.

This is what I get, first with only DEP and ARR RWY selected, all fine:

Screenshot-659.png

Now with HOPE2A as STAR:

Screenshot-660.png

And finally with KODE1A as STAR (after deleting a Disconnect towards FALW):

Screenshot-662.png

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

25 minutes ago, DAD said:

And finally with KODE1A as STAR (after deleting a Disconnect towards FALW):

Thanks for taking a look. It's at KODE1A where things go wrong. The route is being drawn to the south first instead of north east.

In other news have had 3 CTDs with the FBW A320 now. Going to do a clean install of the FBW A320 according to the directions on their website. One of the CTDs was when approaching the destination of the route that @MDFlier posted earlier. I'm getting a repeatable CTD after going to the EFB, selecting my fuel and then panning the view back to default with the "F" key.

[Edit]: I should mention that I'm using the public beta version of FS2020.

Edited by JSmith2112

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

this bird has been amazing for me. The simbrief integration w the mcdu works so great...saves a ton of time typing in stuff.  Wish the plane had Vnav and for me it would be enough. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

[Edit]: I should mention that I'm using the public beta version of FS2020.

You should be fine. That's what I'm using, and no CTDs so far. I'm going to be really mad at you if my next flight blows up, btw... 🤣

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Grrr... I attempted to do your flight, but I had the stupid options set worng and the airplane overstressed on takeoff and ended my flight. There was nothing wrong with my TO. There was a ton of runway left, and I was easing back on the stick super slow. The pax were darn happy back there. Right up until they died...

I did get a chance to take a look. I see what you mean about the crazy lines, but believe it or not, they look right. The problem is your flight is a grand total of 84 miles. Most SIDs and STARs are setup to direct aircraft from even greater distances than that into or out of the local traffic flow. Every SID (departure) from FACT takes you off in one direction or another for at least 30 or 40 miles going by how it looked on the nav display (anyone know where to get the charts for this area? I couldn't find them, but I didn't look too hard). So they all take you far off in one direction or another, and then the next waypoint is D354H right back near the airport, so it puts a leg from the end of the SID back to there and you get spaghetti for a flight plan. 

I'm restarting the flight now, but I wanted to report back to tell you that I saw what you saw. For a short flight like that you usually don't need a SID or a STAR since you're not leaving the local traffic area for the entire flight. When you get to 100 and 150 mile flights, the last waypoint of the SID from the departure airport is often only 1 waypoint from the first waypoint of an arrival STAR for the arrival airport. Those are busy flights.

One last question. I was at the gate at FACT and assigned runway 19. I felt like I was driving to FALW. It had to be a 4 mile taxi. Is that normal, or did MSFS ATC just give me the run around?  

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

14 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Grrr... I attempted to do your flight, but I had the stupid options set worng and the airplane overstressed on takeoff and ended my flight.

I did get a chance to take a look. I see what you mean about the crazy lines, but believe it or not, they look right.  

I'm restarting the flight now, but I wanted to report back to tell you that I saw what you saw. For a short flight like that you usually don't need a SID or a STAR since you're not leaving the local traffic area for the entire flight. 

One last question. I was at the gate at FACT and assigned runway 19. I felt like I was driving to FALW. It had to be a 4 mile taxi. Is that normal, or did MSFS ATC just give me the run around?  

I started with MFS2020 the day the Alpha was released. I soon realised that turning all damage effects off was the best thing to keep one's sanity given the quirks of the sim. I still keep the damage off.

You can get charts for South Africa and other places at ChartFox - Free Flight Simulation Charts (VATSIM login required though). Navigraph also has charts of course. Normally from FACT I'd choose a direct to the next waypoint not a SID though. The approach selection is simply to route the flight to ILS 20L which is the only ILS runway at FALW. FALW is actually an airforce base so your civvy aircraft wouldn't normally be going there. I simply use it as a quick test because it has ILS, it's a short flight and I'm familiar with the Cape Town area.

The thing is though that I can fly this route perfectly with one of the NXi equipped aircraft. I'm going to grab a screenshot of the route once Photoshop has finished updating.

I mostly have MSFS ATC turned off and do whatever I want because of what you describe above. Usually I'd put myself at gate 12 and then taxi to whatever runway I wanted to use.

Thanks for trying out the flight.

9 hours ago, Car147 said:

No issues here either with the FBW A320NX, may i suggest you folllow some of the excellent video's that detail how to operae the aircraft. I also find your title heading missleading to say the least. The aircraft has improved massivly with each update.

Could you please a link for video that shows how to Fly the annoying addon. Thanks

Wow. I see what you mean. That's a mess, but its also a VOR/DME approach and I'm not sure if the FBW is coded to handle those yet.

The flight plan you are using does not require a SID or a STAR, so my initial testing was moot. Also, I am having a heck of a time understanding those charts. They look foreign to me. 😉   

Edited by MDFlier

2 hours ago, MOD_FLYER said:

Could you please a link for video that shows how to Fly the annoying addon. Thanks

Lol, is it too complicated for you... Plenty of stuff online, infact i think if you even cared to visit the FBW site they detail exactly how to fly it. even in a nice proigreesive way so that you can understand.

Linky to beginner training

And another From a real A320 pilot going through all operations on the FBW A320NX

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

i think if you even cared to visit the FBW site they detail exactly how to fly it.

This! Everything you need to know, at least to get the plane off the ground and to a destination, you can find on the FBW site. It's a pretty complex plane if you're not familiar tube-liner systems.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Wow. I see what you mean. That's a mess, but its also a VOR/DME approach and I'm not sure if the FBW is coded to handle those yet.

The flight plan you are using does not require a SID or a STAR, so my initial testing was moot. Also, I am having a heck of a time understanding those charts. They look foreign to me. 😉   

It's pretty simple really the aircraft flies that oval shaped section at the top of the image in an anti clockwise direction starting at LWV turning right then left and so on. The MSFS planner draws it in a similar way but it seems best to enter only the departure and destination airports in the sim flight setup screen and select the procedure using the NXi.

If the FBW doesn't understand that type of approach yet that's fine by me.

I'm far from an expert in understanding charts so it looks pretty foreign to me too despite being a local. 😁

9 hours ago, MOD_FLYER said:

Ah, helplessness paired with ignorance, god‘s favourite combination.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MOD_FLYER said:

www.gooogle.com.au Search "FLYBYWIRE A320 TUTORIAL". Here, on a silver plater just for you. Good luck with following instructions and taking time to search for things you need to get the plane from A to B.  

Edited by Ridvan Celik