Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Sp1 technical ....PTaylor

Guest Andre77ab

Since there been a lot of rumor about SP1, I would like to know something about:1- nav databse (will be updatable this time?) the actual is dated?2- landclass structure and implementation3- performance improovement is clear, optimization for Vista? 4- wideview support (not only for virtual cockpit)5- if some work has been done with Nvidia (to work out the bug with AA and AF)? Happy landing and....looking foward to download Sp1 :-)Andy

Great stuff, Matthew. We appreciate the team's hard work and the efforts which you, Phil and the others are putting into the communication of "what's going on", and I'm personally looking forward to the best "simming" summer yet! On my system she works pretty good as is: with Matt Fox's (and other) tweaks - it is fabulous: I couldn't expect it to be better, but if it is - and without those tweaks - I and a whole lot of other folks are going to be ecstatic! Thank you.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Andre77ab

Thanks Matthew, I'd a look and there is a tool that allow to update the navdata, airport,....thanks a lot!! Would be nice als that the patch will include ALL the tweaks that allow the best experience ;-)Nowhere I read something about the FS video bug (AA and AF) and the Nvidia driver,...hope that the Team and Nvidia had worked togheter to fix it...All the best

Guest robains

What did you have in mind for item #3? If you're talking about a DX10 version, that was last reported as being aimed for a release at the end of this year (maybe).Overall, Vista is a slower operating system than WinXP due to more overhead. As far as I know, there is no game/thread priority for when any game/sim is executed on Vista that is different from WinXP. Plus there are some other considerations you need to take into account if you play with thread priority on any OS.There have been 64bit threading bugs discovered in Vista 64bit flavors that have resulted in threads not being executed on a separate CPU core, but I don't know the extent of the problem.I didn't realize there was a bug with AA and AF for nVidia, do you have any specific such as which driver version and which model cards it surfaces on?Thanks, Rob.

NoNoVista will benefit from the optimizations we took just like XPNo specific change, but we did reverify TH2G works with SP1Not aware of it.The purpose of SP1 is to address performance, fix 3rd party blocking bugs, fix some of the most egregious scenery bugs, and update the SDK+SimConnect. We fixed a couple of bugs in multiplayer, but only a few.As I stated in my blog months ago, we didnt touch landclass or any other global db element we made spot changes to individual locations.

Guest FryingPanPan

Hey PhilI think it's great you find the time to work on SP1 AND write your blog AND trawl the forums AND take time to reply to comments. Thank you!I notice you mentioned above SOME multi player fixes. I have only just started with multiplayer (see my other thread I started in the multi player sub-forum) and am blown away by how awesome it can make the whole FS experience. Just one thing ... I REALLY hope one of the multi player bugs you have fixed is the session list box which keeps jumping all over the place making selection trickier than a partial panel ILS approach in a thunderstorm!Keep up the good work.Cheers

>Since there been a lot of rumor about SP1, I would like to>know something about:>>1- nav databse (will be updatable this time?) the actual is>dated?>>2- landclass structure and implementation>1) The nav database is already updateable and changeable; SDK, xml, bglcomp are your friend.2) landclass structure and implementation are also in SDK and there are also nice third party tools like EZ-Landclass that can allow you to make changes.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Andre77ab

1- I meant update the navdata and make the change visible also using the default GPS and in the MAP view;Thanks for yours helpful replies :-)Andy

Hi,AFAIK changes to the nav data are visible in the GPS and the Map view - they certainly are visible in the FS9 map view. Even changes in coastlines are visible.Re: the Nvidia bug - it affects both FS9 and FSX. When a dialog box pops up (anything from the loading dialog to tooltips on the panels), the screen freezes until the dialog box disappears. It also sometimes causes the upper portion of the screen (down to the dialog box) to turn black. This is happening with multiple cards and multiple driver versions.I have it happening on my 7900GS card, for example. I certainly hope that MS will put pressure on Nvidia to address this problem - thanks.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

>Re: the Nvidia bug - it affects both FS9 and FSX. When a>dialog box pops up (anything from the loading dialog to>tooltips on the panels), the screen freezes until the dialog>box disappears. It also sometimes causes the upper portion of>the screen (down to the dialog box) to turn black. This is>happening with multiple cards and multiple driver versions.>>I have it happening on my 7900GS card, for example. I>certainly hope that MS will put pressure on Nvidia to address>this problem - thanks.Yep - here's exactly how to reproduce it too:1. Load FS9 or FSX in windowed mode, make sure 4X AA and 16X AF are on in the Nvidia control panel. (I also use transparency super-sampling on)2. Maximize the window and trigger a gauge tooltip.3. The lower half of the view will become a static image of the panel (presumably out of the vid card's framebuffer somehow) and will stay this way until you cause the tooltip to go away.The problem does not occur in full screen mode or if the window isn't maximized. It's a really annoying issue and I've notified Nvidia of it multiple times, never seems to get fixed.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Chris1973

Easy workaround:Maximize the window "by hand", not using the Maximize Button.

Agreed Ryan, I have the same issue on my end with both FSX and FS9.Using tweaked XG drivers from Tweaksrus...."official" drivers didn't change a thing eitherThe only that to do is to disable tooltips but any other popups will still make the effect, like changing your HDG in the VC or opening up the GPS while in VC etc.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |