Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

MSFS Kodiak releasing tomorrow

So how is it systems-wise?  Engine management-wise?  I googled this plane and it seems slower than I thought.  I'll probably pass and go for the possibly buggy C337 hehe.  I like to go fast in the sim.  There's always time compression though - so if the plane is very incredible I still may partake.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

So how is it systems-wise?  Engine management-wise?  I googled this plane and it seems slower than I thought.  I'll probably pass and go for the possibly buggy C337 hehe.  I like to go fast in the sim.  There's always time compression though - so if the plane is very incredible I still may partake.

All I can say so far that with full slaps down there is no rudder authority to keep Kodiak coordinated I don't think it's right. I see genuine developer desire to represent left turning tendency but there definitely room for improvement !

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just now, sd_flyer said:

All I can say so far that with full slaps down there is no rudder authority to keep Kodiak coordinated I don't think it's right. I see genuine developer desire to represent left turning tendency but there definitely room for improvement !

So you think you'd run out of rudder authority during a stiff crosswind?  I notice a lot of MSFS planes don't do well in crosswinds of even 10 kts.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

So you think you'd run out of rudder authority during a stiff crosswind?  I notice a lot of MSFS planes don't do well in crosswinds of even 10 kts.

Just a simple scenario for bulk landing. Full flaps, initiation go around, climb. I expect left turning/yawing at it's best, but with full right rudder I can't center the ball so airplane slips in climb. I'm not sure if that how it is in real life 

• Upvote 1

Kodiak behind a Gran Caravan

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

The first thing I noticed about this plane (apart from the sharp pull to the left when taking off) was the instrument labels in the cockpit. Is it just me or are they unusually small and hard to read? I have a a few 3rd party planes including the Milviz PC6 and the JF Arrow and have never noticed it on those aircraft. I find I have to zoom right in to read the buttons on the FMS. Anyone else? Or do I just need new glasses?

41 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Just a simple scenario for bulk landing. Full flaps, initiation go around, climb. I expect left turning/yawing at it's best, but with full right rudder I can't center the ball so airplane slips in climb. I'm not sure if that how it is in real life 

Better not get in a  takeoff-departure stall with that behavior. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

55 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I googled this plane and it seems slower than I thought.

Getting 165 kts at 3000 feet..

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Getting 165 kts at 3000 feet..

That's about right, same speed as the Mooney. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

29 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Mooney is more of a 175KTAS kind of plane.  195 if you push it.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I just bought it from Simmarket and was charged 35 euros which is CAN$ 51.  😉

I note Orbx just released it on their site and it comes with a 15% discount if you own SWS Okavango scenery. Not much but a bit of a saving over Simmarket. Too late for you though Bert...😉

Murray Dreyer

35 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

All I know about Mooney is that it glides fast LOL

3 hours ago, Thorolf said:

It has TKS ice-protection and is certified to fly into known icing conditions. Quite useful at this time of the year.

Is TKS modelled ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Has anyone fooled around enough to figure out the keybinds for -Landing Lights, Aux Bus and Aux Fuel Pump?  No luck in being able to bind them to my Alpha / Bravo yet.