Sign in to follow this  
kttd

FSX with new monitor issue

Very recently purchase new Asus monitor, and using HDMI for the first time.  Previous monitor was a DVI-I.

Now I'm forced to turn off/on the monitor to scroll through the FSX menus and sub-menus.  I also need to do the same after starting a flight.

If I don't, I'm staring at a blank screen.

Advice and opinion welcome.

14 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Does the same thing happen when using the display port instead of HDMI?

My older video card has HDMI and DVI-I ports.  The new monitor has HDMI and VGA ports.  I don't have an adapter for testing.

Thank you.

It might be that the information contained in your fsx.cfg file is not compatible with the new monitor. That file not only contains the data pertaining to the resolution when flying but also the size of the menus and windows (which are different). So you could try deleting your fsx.cfg file and letting fsx create a new one. Obviously any bespoke settings (and other settings) will need to be re-input once you have done this. Backup your existing cfg file first.

5 hours ago, JonP01 said:

It might be that the information contained in your fsx.cfg file is not compatible with the new monitor. That file not only contains the data pertaining to the resolution when flying but also the size of the menus and windows (which are different). So you could try deleting your fsx.cfg file and letting fsx create a new one. Obviously any bespoke settings (and other settings) will need to be re-input once you have done this. Backup your existing cfg file first.

No difference but thanks for the tip.