Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Eaglevidia / Feelati

Guest weeniemcween

This citation battle between eaglesoft and feelthere is starting to remind me of nvidia and ati's contest. Anyone feel the same way? I mean, feelthere just released their citation x, great plane but obviously premature having several obvious bugs missed by "beta testers". Then eaglesoft - i'm guessing to undercut the feelthere product - comes out with the fsx cj1 for a nice low price. But wait, it's version 1.5, not the slated 2.0 with an fms. You have to pay for that later (understandably so) yet meanwhile you're tinkering with a part of the full product, not quite satisfied perhaps. And if the citation x is supposed to use the more efficient gauge programming like the cj1, i'm wondering why a proper revamping of the beechjet for its customers was overlooked in the first place, since it really struggles in fsx. Never mind, that wouldn't be cost effective.EAGLEVIDIA FEELATI:0 Oh no!

Guest allcott

Comparing a Citation X to a CJ1 is like comparing a Honda C50 Cub to a FireBlade - just because they come from the same manufacturer doesn't mean they are in any way comparable! Same goes for FT and ES. I don't for one minute think that Eaglesoft had any intention to `compete` with the Citation X. In fact, I doubt they even knew when it was going to be released. And why woul dyou choose a CJ1 to do battle with? But ES are consistent when dealing with upgrades from FS9 to FSX - a price has to be paid, and previous owners get a discount coupon for the new one. Same as all the other releases, same for this one.If you can read any more than that into the release dates, then you probably are the kind of person who asks someone else to chew their food for them, because you never know what the aliens are putting into it to stop us seeing their huige space cities sitting on the surface of Venus. ;)Allcott

1. Please understand that Eaglesoft was first to market with Exclusive Features and a high quality CX1.0 4 years ago.2. Eaglesoft has been developing and has announced its CXV2.0 long before any other publisher mentioned a CX in any form.3. Eaglesoft continues its development of CX2.0 to the highest standard of accuracy and excellence on our own schedule without regard to what other publishers do.4. It is pure coincidence that our FSX CJ1 cleared beta testing and release at this time and its Avionics have no relation whatsover with our CX2.0. Eaglesoft 30% Discount for 30 Days to help the transistion from FS9 to FSX is already known.5. Our Beechjet 1.5 is scheduled for a revamp down the road..:-)Finally, Eaglesoft continues development on all fronts at its own schedule and we refuse to be involved in any "marketing race" with others.Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

Jeez, Allcott. For someone so intent upon the perfection of the English language it's ironic you seem quite set on laying waste to others.First, we all know that performance means almost nothing to the flightsim world. Dreamfleet has its archer III and FSD have the saratoga. Carenado chooses classics and Eaglesoft chooses the cutting edge. The demand is very spread out for all these things even if we would be silly to pay the same for, even to prefer beyond nostalgia, an oldie over a modern marvel in the real world. Better to get a hotrod and be safer in your plane. Second, the cj1 are comparable in that they are both bizjets. The cj1 is simply smaller and therefore more suited to being a private rather than a company jet. Less expensive and performant as well, sure.Eaglesoft originally reported that the cj1 version 2 was underway with a bright new team member working on a new fms. So when they come out with version 1.5 of a bizjet - possibly to wet our appetites - right after feelthere comes out with its bizjet it is not unreasonable to think that there is some marketing strategy there. Everyone paying attention knew that the feelthere's x was to come out soon, eaglesoft included. So maybe they held on to the cj1 until the feelthere release or promptly decided to put it out without a fms, again to steal feelthere's thunder (as if the latter hasn't done that already with the bugs).All of this is within the realm of the plausible.

>"I don't for one minute think that Eaglesoft had any intention to `compete` with the Citation X."Correct, we continue to be "heads down with nose to grindstone" on all fronts at our own pace without regard to what others are doing.:-)Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Weeni,As a new member, you may want to pay close attention to what some of the veterans here have to say.It would seem that you may have a bit of an agenda with unfounded inuendo and flat out lies regarding our policies.Note: I have used the alert button to notify mods that your inuendo and inferrences are untrue. We'll see how it goes from here.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

Okay okay. If you say so, Ron..... You already dissed the primus on the feelthere citation x as suspect before it was out, implying that eaglesoft's fms would be better. So clearly there is competition there whether you would like to say so or not. Regardless, I say don't bother anymore with these 1.5s and just gun for the fuller featured 2s. EDIT: Good lord Ron, that's an overreaction. And your veteran here just got done trashing and telling lies about FSD's support policies.

We have full documentaion and real world access regarding Primus 2000 systems and are quite able to distinguish whether a system is accurate. No accusation from us, just a point of fact.I know of no attack from Eaglesoft directed to FSD as you imply. Please understand that we speak to Victor at Feelthere, and Jim, Tim, and Steve, at FSD from time to time so please stop trying to stir something up between us all:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

Not eaglesoft towards FSD. Allcott towards FSD. I know owen used to work with FSD, so that would be very strange.

>Not eaglesoft towards FSD. Allcott towards FSD. I know owen>used to work with FSD, so that would be very strange.Hmm, while you are new here you seem to be VERY experienced at, and enjoy making accusations. Why not give it rest man:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

I don't enjoy making accusations. I was simply pointing out (more so wondering if others felt the same) that there seems to be a competition between feelthere and eaglesoft which may have resulted in products from both companies being not quite complete. For you to intimate that there is no competition at all whatsoever is something I find suspect, given some of the things you have previously said about feelthere, and what common sense tells me. Others are free to decide for themselves.I never said feelthere is king and eaglesoft is not, but implied I was unhappy with certain (by no means all) products by both companies. I will almost certainly buy your cj1 version 2. I will now give whatever you deem unsatisfactory a rest, I suppose. People should be allowed to voice their opinions, however, without having someone so quickly run to the mods. That was unfair and more indicative of an agenda than anything I said. I understand you have a business to run and represent here.James Shretzman

James,It is unrealistic for us or anyone to state that competition between developers does not exist. Actually, competition can be a good thing because it allows customers to make intelligent choices.:-)The negative side of competition is that unscruplous "marketing claims" and "misinformation" is sometimes used in attempts to gain "market share" and of course we've all seen that scenario played out before.My primary objection to your posts is that you've painted us with a brush that is not only inaccurate but untruthful. Frankly, we have no anxiety over what our competitors produce because we are waaaay too busy on our own project workload. In addition to that, we also have personal relationships with many of our competitors so if the brush you used doesn't fit, you must aquit:-)We have learned a thing or two about folks with personal agendas and will not hesitate to hit an alert button if what is posted is untrue or not based in fact. Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

Ron,Well I did not mean anxiety but marketing strategy, there's a difference. Nevertheless, if you say that the timing of the release of the cj1 had nothing to do with the feelthere x I will take your word for it and do apologize for the offense.But I will say that if you are set on preventing misinformation, you ought to list the features on your cj1 product page and perhaps state that version 2 is coming, and will include a fuller fms. The screenshots of the cockpit presently show the screen of an in fact rather limited fms. The pictures may mislead people into thinking that the fms is more functional. Personally I think a bizjet without a proper fms is not a bizjet. To a lesser extent, you might also indicate on the webpage that your avidyne entegra simulation does not include cmax charts, color map, taws, or wx but that these features are possible future additions at fair prices, as you say in the sr22 mfd manual. So much is modeled already that I do not think this would detract from the product.My only personal agenda here is to hope for more satisfaction with the fs bizjets, offered by any company. James Shretzman

James,Keeping yourself informed is your own responsibility and does not include keeping others informed about our products. The fact is that you have no inside track to information from Eaglesoft and your post proves that you are at the least ill informed and certainly in no position to speak accurately about Eaglesoft or its products.The positive in all of this is that we have a put few measures in place that will improve our ways of providing accurate information to our customers and alleviate confusion for folks like yourself.Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

Ron,What is your problem? You are such a hothead. Keeping others informed is my own decision, not yours. First of all, I AM in a position to speak about Eaglesoft's products because I own several of them. I am not, however, as you say in the inside and can only speculate about Eaglesoft's marketing decisions, which is what I did. The former knowledge of the products is much more important than the latter.You can talk a lot about measures, but what does that mean exactly? Until you list the features included and not included on the product page for every product then you are in fact hypocritically perpetuating misinformation for greater market share! On your site it says: "We at Eaglesoft Development Group welcome your input, suggestions and even your criticism." Now if I choose to voice my concerns publically suspecting that they are more likely to be noticed that way then that is my choice, not yours.