Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Flight Plan Gauge question

Guys, is there a gauge that can inject flight plans in the default FS GPS and other equipment from the panel, without leaving the game to the menu?Thanks.

>Guys, is there a gauge that can inject flight plans in the>default FS GPS and other equipment from the panel, without>leaving the game to the menu?>>Thanks.Use the flight planner to set up your senerio. It then will be loaded into the GPS.

>Use the flight planner to set up your senerio. It then will be>loaded into the GPS.Sorry, but you're missing the point. What if I want to change th flight plane in the air, without exiting to the menu? Not really good, particularly when you're flying online. Nothing critical, of course, but still spoils.Any other recommendations?

Guest jshyluk

You could try FSXPilot by Scientific Networks. It's may not be exactly what you might be looking for, because it more or less bypasses the default GPS and autopilot. But it will let you fly flightplans in multiplayer and allow you to make adjustments, well, "on the fly". Other than that, I don't know. The default GPS seems to rely heavily on Flight Planner, so that it's not possible to create IFR waypoints in the GPS system while in flight.Here's a link for you to try: http://www.fsxpilot.com/Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Thanks, Jeff. But as I said, I was asking for a gauge/utility to load a generic FS flightplan "in the memory" without leaving the game. Looks like it is not possible at all. I wonder why, though. Take for example R-XP's Apollo in FS9 in combination with GNS or FLA, you can choose any flight plan and activate it without leaving the game. It injects your FS flightplans dyanamically in FLA or GNS. What would be a problem creating a gauge or utility with the similar capabilities for the generic FS flight plan/GPS?

Perhaps you are looking to add an FMS/FMC to your plane of choice. This will allow you to enter a generic FP and then add or subtract waypoints/SIDS/STARS at will? I think there are a few generic FMS's out there, but you would be best off, finding a payware plane that has one built in as they are usually plane specific...you can also look at http://www.isgsim.com/?page=home

>Perhaps you are looking to add an FMS/FMC to your plane of>choice. This will allow you to enter a generic FP and then>add or subtract waypoints/SIDS/STARS at will? I think there>are a few generic FMS's out there, but you would be best off,>finding a payware plane that has one built in as they are>usually plane specific...you can also look at>http://www.isgsim.com/?page=home >I've got that one already. And it uses its own database. Meaning, even though you've loaded the generic FS flightplan using isg1's mcu, it is not active in the FS's memory. Check the default GPS unit and you won't see a flight plan in it. Basically I'd use this utility (if there were any) for VOX ATC that requires an active generic FS plan in the memory.Thanks.

Just because you can imagine some feature doesn't mean that it is possible within the existing FS paradigm. If what you're asking for were possible at all, it would have already been done.There simply isn't provision in the current API to allow a gauge running within the panel system to create or modify a flightplan...There are some extremely complex techniques that're being developed, but they're still a long way from being practical at this time... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, Bill. I knew it would end up with a similar answer. Just wanted to have it clear to myself. Turns out there is a serious stumbling block for the MSFS devs to change it. Would open up a lot of new interesting features.Thanks to all.

No problem. It's really along the same lines as that discussed in the other thread concerning the "shared-cockpit" issue.Any solution currently being developed has to step WAY outside the "SDK box" in order to work. Doing that opens up a whole host of ancillary issues with regards to stability on different operating systems, file paths, DEP, DAC, et cetera, not to mention the ever moving target whenever a new FS version is released. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

QUOTE:Flight Simulator is originally designed to work with a single GPS source. When a Reality XP GPS is loaded, the Flight Simulator Options menu displays an additional

>QUOTE:>Flight Simulator is originally designed to work with a single>GPS source. When a Reality XP GPS is loaded, the Flight>Simulator Options menu displays an additional

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Yes but....that solution is limited by the fact that the>Garmin Trainer must be installed and running.Nope, Apollo does not require installation of Garmin Trainer, and still can choose and activate generic flightplans, injecting them in the fs9 memory which can feed other non-rxp devices. Indeed, Reality-XP are unbelievable. I only now start to fully understand capabilities of their gauges in FS9.