Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Kodiak Review Thread

There is what I consider a bug, if you take off with the little windows open (or decide to open it why flying) MSFS consider the aircraft has crashed because of too much stress.

It shoulden't be the case, hope they can fix the issue.

31 minutes ago, Bushido5 said:

There is what I consider a bug, if you take off with the little windows open (or decide to open it why flying) MSFS consider the aircraft has crashed because of too much stress.

It shoulden't be the case, hope they can fix the issue.

It's in the manual. Page 4.

Crashes due to aircraft stress DISABLED: Leaving this enabled will preclude you from using the storm window and skydive door.

You should always read the manual. 😉

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

It's in the manual. Page 4.

Crashes due to aircraft stress DISABLED: Leaving this enabled will preclude you from using the storm window and skydive door.

You should always read the manual. 😉

Indeed, I miss that. Thanks for pointing out. I should probably disable it anyway considering there is no real damage in MSFS but a blank screen I won't miss much.

• Like 1

Do you think its possible for someone to develop a SimBrief profile for the Kodiak.  I really like using Simbrief for my flight planning and having this with proper fuel burn would be great.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

46 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Do you think its possible for someone to develop a SimBrief profile for the Kodiak.  I really like using Simbrief for my flight planning and having this with proper fuel burn would be great.  

Cessna 208 is close enough for me. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Thinking of buying it, Is it worth buying the Kodiak from the MSFS store as opposed to the website?

Edited by Gelrd

12 minutes ago, Gelrd said:

Thinking of buying it, Is it worth buying the Kodiak from the MSFS store as opposed to the website?

If you want to wait forever to get updates, then the MS store is the way to go. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

14 minutes ago, Gelrd said:

My 2 cents opinion is to by it directly from the developer -- you will get any updates much quicker that way, and the developer doesn't lose approximately 30% of the cost to MS.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Dont know if this was ever mentioned before, but this website is amazing for calculating all kinds of performance numbers, including fuel burn for the flight distance. 

Kodiak Performance (pohperformance.com)

I use their version for the TBM900, and it's as real as it gets, straight from the manuals.

• Like 2

Alexis Mefano

That’s a great website!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

20 minutes ago, Alec said:

Dont know if this was ever mentioned before, but this website is amazing for calculating all kinds of performance numbers, including fuel burn for the flight distance. 

I use their version for the TBM900, and it's as real as it gets, straight from the manuals.

Wow, great find, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 hours ago, Alec said:

Oh wow - that's incredible and more in depth than I have time for these days haha.  Good find.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, MarkW said:

Found this https://nl.flightsim.to/file/25214/daher-kodiak-100-performance-data-for-lnm

with a link to Simbrief

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

I just completed my first flight in this aircraft and it lived up to what I've heard. I did experience the trim down concern when turning off the AP. In fact, it was down to -25 and required some quick adjustments. I'm curious how this can be handled?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale