Sign in to follow this  
Gonsey

Linda Gui not showing with fsuipc 6

I have recently reinstalled my entire sim.

Linda 3.22 Gui is not showing when i start p3d v4.5 so i cannot edit anything. I am running fsuip 6 and linda is installed in the following location 

C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6

P3d does say linda ready in the top left but no gui in the task bar or in task manager so i cannot open the window to change button assignments etc.

Can anyone post what i need to do to fix this together with any adjustments to the start up line in fsuipc ini to fix this please

On advice from the FSUIPC Developer, you should install FSUIPC6 in a root directory (eg. f:/FSUIPC6). See the  LINDA 3.3.2 download notes and release notes. The only entry in the P3Dv5 add-one/FSUIPC6 folder is the add-on.xml which should be edited to point to the main root directory FSUIPC6 folder.

There is also an issue I have been looking at with the auto start function. In the meantime I recommend you start LINDA manually before P3D. If LINDA is started with the FSUIPC6.ini entry the LUA engine does not ingage probably. This is under investigation.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks i will start linda first , if i uncheck start with sim will this also stop linda from starting again when i launch p3d.

I have another question , when i have assigned everything i will use the maintainance tab to do a full back up , is says it will do fsuipc also.

If at anytime i need to restore the back up to a new hard drive do i still need to install fsuipc 6 or does this get done using the linda restore from the back up.

Only one copy of LINDA can run on the PC. If you start manually, the auto start setting will be ignore. However, at present it would be advisable to untick the Start with Sim option.

i will need to check on the backup/restore options when I can get on my PC.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew