Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

SP1 Beta3

>Thank you Phil for being so forthright and communicative to>the flight sim community.>>A story comes to mind I experienced a few weeks ago. I was>flying standby on a major airline (standby=free-my daughter>works for them). I was in Phoenix waiting for a connection to>Detroit. The pilot came out right before departure and very>apologetically explained that due to weight restrictions-even>though he had enough empty seats to take the 6 standby>passengers-that he would be unable to take us and that we>would have to wait for another flight two hours later. He then>recalculated again in an attempt to make it work and very>sadly confirmed that he just couldn't do it. >> I was surprised when one of the 6 fellow standby (employee>based) passengers started fuming and ranting that this was>ridiculous, and that she would never fly standby>again....etc...etc. I was rather embarrassed-especially for>the pilot that was just trying his best to make it work.>>It could be me-but I found myself wondering if a)she preferred>that the captain put all of his passengers including her in>danger and :( how one could complain about something that was>freely offered.>> But again-it is probably just me... :-)nothing a good slap wouldnt fix

>>I think this new 'communication with the community' stance is>great too. Thanks Phil.There are those who cannot seem to understand that the enhanced visibility provided by more open communication comes with the downside of a more bumpy ride (adjustments to estimates, etc.). You cannot have one without the other.-Doug

Guest The Wizard of Oz

HERE HERE

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Or should that be HEAR HEAR

>FSX SP1 Beta3 posted, see my blog for details.Thank you for the updated hope that FSX SP1 will be the turning point to move to the new sim :-)Hoping for a performance increase to fly it with my high end system :-)Cheers,Andr

André

Guest tcable

>Thank you Phil for being so forthright and communicative to>the flight sim community.>>A story comes to mind I experienced a few weeks ago. I was>flying standby on a major airline (standby=free-my daughter>works for them). I was in Phoenix waiting for a connection to>Detroit. The pilot came out right before departure and very>apologetically explained that due to weight restrictions-even>though he had enough empty seats to take the 6 standby>passengers-that he would be unable to take us and that we>would have to wait for another flight two hours later. He then>recalculated again in an attempt to make it work and very>sadly confirmed that he just couldn't do it. >> I was surprised when one of the 6 fellow standby (employee>based) passengers started fuming and ranting that this was>ridiculous, and that she would never fly standby>again....etc...etc. I was rather embarrassed-especially for>the pilot that was just trying his best to make it work.>>It could be me-but I found myself wondering if a)she preferred>that the captain put all of his passengers including her in>danger and :( how one could complain about something that was>freely offered.>> But again-it is probably just me... :-)I can relate somewhat. I was returning from my father's funeral yesterday and all was well until I arrived Cleveland. My outbound flight to PVD was way behind- the aircraft had *just* left CLE for ORD and needed to return before getting us off to PVD. It was the last bank, so there were not later alternative options back East, and my wife was home and 8mos pregnant. It's a Chataqua flight (on a CRJ no less) a new COA partner There were some irritated people, but the gate agent kept going into the system with updates and EVEN CALLED THE GATE AT ORD for updates. It was like being in ORD- every time something happened, we knew. we were the only flight with an issue (except for a single canceled flight to Louisiville)At one point about 9PM one of the service desk personnel came to me and asked why I was still there- I told here that the plane was still inbound from ORD and should arrive in about 30 minutes.Finally they deboarded, and we got on. to add insult to injury, they were repositioning the B1900's and blocked us for a bit, and we needed extra gas due to arrival weather (PVD was 200/1 when we arrived).Most airline employees are trying to do their best for the passengers. Sometimes the just don't know the tools at hand. Being a jerk does not help. Being nice goes much further than being mean.

Guest FxF3

I'm in the middle so it should be here hear or hear here.:) Guess the patch will be here when it gets here I hear.:( It's better this way then for them never to say nothing like some companys do. Thanks Phil for the updates.

>>nothing a good slap wouldnt fix>lolI don't often laugh that hard at a post, but graham you did it...hehehe.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>>>I think this new 'communication with the community' stance>is>>great too. Thanks Phil.>>There are those who cannot seem to understand that the>enhanced visibility provided by more open communication comes>with the downside of a more bumpy ride (adjustments to>estimates, etc.). You cannot have one without the other.>>-DougThey are just not familiar with the process.If people viewed the blooper reel of bugs in software, it would be something.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Phil, could you not, have just 'copied and pasted' onto here?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I have consulted a Guru and he told me that May 11th is the DATE!!!'I will also check the stars position relative to earth and see...Stelios

Stelios Christofides