Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

trackir v4??

Guest dpc

Resolution on those devices is not nearly high enough.

Guest Stoopy

Really, the only thing against the Track IR unit is how you get used to wearing the hat with the clip-sensor-unit-thingy on it. I've answered the door for the Pizza Dude wearing it and gotten strange looks, and once, a crisis developed when I had the day off from work and met my wife at a nearby restaraunt for her lunch break. She kept asking me if all I'd done all day was fly around in my simulators, to which I answered No, Of Course Not, (standard answer to stay out of trouble) but she kept pressing the point, and rolling her eyes when I stood my ground... Only when I went back to my car afterwards and knocked the sensor gizmo off my visor brim against the car door sill did I realize what I'd done.

Guest RichardL

Keep looking. Better have a deep pocket.Richard

Guest GREENGRASS

my thanks for all the input im convinced,its on its wayDon

Guest Xiderpunk

You won't be disappointed, I am posting a little late to this thread I know, with you already having made a purchase decision. The TrackIR has such a huge impact on the feeling of immersion within the FSX/FS9 world that flying with out it is like night and day.The only negative aspect I can point out is that I understand there is a risk of motion sickness for some people using this device, although I have used it for several hours continously with nothing more than a slightly achy neck.

Guest jshyluk

If your frame rate gets choppy, you might get some vertigo. I've noticed that as well. As to the TrackClip Pro, because of the wires, you won't wear your TrackIR device in public, unless you really want to. Both that and the Vector Clip look like something out of a science fiction movie, but unfortunately, wearing them makes you look like you just escaped from an elementary school science fair. The worst offender, though is the Silver Dot. In the beginning, TrackIR users were given a pad of sticky reflective silver dots that could be stuck on a hat, on classes, or even your own forehead. It was easy to forget you were wearing it.Personal shame: although I jumped onto the TrackIR bandwagon with TrackIR4 (no silver dots), I did have a bad experience with one. As part of my review, I wanted to try out things that I thought should spoof the IR camera. I had some sticky silver dots that are used as reference points for MoCap (motion capture), so I tried one of those on my bare forehead. As it happened, the silver dots the TrackIR needs are very specific, so not just any silver dot will do. I made my notes, wrote my review, and forgot about the dot. I was, however, reminded of its existence at the beginning of a rather intimate dinner - fortunately, I was cooking at home, and we didn't go out. Anyway, as I have mentioned before, please read my review:http://www.avsim.com/pages/0207/TrackClip/TrackClip.htmThe very short form of it: I consider the TrackIR to be a peripheral at least as important to a flight simmer as a joystick or a monitor. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Guest JeffPreston

Could not agree more - an amazing piece of simmer kit - tops marks for immersion.

Ditto all of the above accolades. And use one with the Matrox Triple Head to Go 3-screen display and you may just wet pants.Regards,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

The clip fits fine on the top of my plantronics headset so I've never wandered off with it on.I've also been using it for some combat flight sims, rfactor, and waiting to pick up Armed Assault for it as well.It's such a great little piece of equipment.My girlfriend has declared it "cute".

Guest Shalomar

What effect if any does it have on framerates?Best Regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest jshyluk

TrackIR shouldn't have any affect on frame rates. Bad frame rates, however, may have an effect on TrackIR -- if your frames are choppy already, you might feel a little vertigo from the lag. But the TrackIR unit won't cause you to lose frame rates on its own.Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Guest Shalomar

Yippee!!! I am sold!!!Best Regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.