Sign in to follow this  
Sphynnx

55 inches vs 65 inches ( 4k )

I meant to say 2D, sorry 

Look, I've read good and bad reviews about VR

Just give me an example of VR model, please, with a decent image quality 

I'm ready to spend about 3000 euros on it, if I'll decide to buy VR

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

might be worth having a look around Avforums and HDTVtest 

both great sources of info for TV's

MSFS and OLED is absolutely brilliant. 

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

57 minutes ago, Sphynnx said:

I meant to say 2D, sorry 

The HP Reverb G2 is perhaps the most popular model at the moment:

a 4K headset offering up a resolution of 2160 x 2160 per eye, which is sufficient to slam the door shut on the unwanted screen door effect associated with lower resolution headsets" .....90 Hz refresh rate

that's about twice the resolution i am experiencing at the moment with my Rift CV1 

But there are more, and with even higher res....To get up to date with today's market there are some YT channels you could check out like 'vr flightsim guy' for instance

Edited by avhpilot

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

1 hour ago, Sphynnx said:

I meant to say 2D, sorry 

If you are considering VR, then I would say 150% check out before you buy! One person's idea of great graphics is not another's.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

What about the Varjo VR? 

Are they designed for gaming or professional stuff only?? 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I had an Oculus Rift. Sure. The immersion is great. But the graphics was bad, the handling was bad. 

Sent it back after 2 days. It’s way too unhandy for VATSIM flying. 

And my buddy vomited after 2 rounds in Asseto Corsa 😄

27 minutes ago, MySound said:

I had an Oculus Rift. Sure. The immersion is great. But the graphics was bad, the handling was bad. 

Sent it back after 2 days. It’s way too unhandy for VATSIM flying. 

And my buddy vomited after 2 rounds in Asseto Corsa 😄

The 'graphics' have improved with the new headsets

Yes. for VATSIM it is still a no-go in VR. But this is just a matter of time until a virtual scratchpad becomes available to scrible down notes quickly (with your mouse of controllers). Perhaps it's already available?

Yes. I get sick too in a VR racing game .... but so would I IRL I think. Flying is a different thing altogether and one wonders if VR was perhaps invented especially for our hobby.

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

If you are considering VR, then I would say 150% check out before you buy! One person's idea of great graphics is not another's.

Yes, definitely !

If you have the same experience like i did then you won't think in gfx resolution/ pixels etc.

If you don't then it's not for you. but at least you then know.

Negative remarks you will find on poor graphics etc are often already outdated and, as in my case, irrelevant because the impact of the immersion overshadows sharpness of image etc.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

On 12/22/2021 at 2:52 PM, Sphynnx said:

What about the Varjo VR? 

Are they designed for gaming or professional stuff only?? 

Don't know but from what i understand it's one of the, or perhaps the best one can get at the moment. but also expensive.

This thread would be good one to look into i think:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/611529-vr-has-matured/

Antoine v Heck
---

On 12/19/2021 at 9:53 AM, ThomseN_inc said:

I am running a Samsung (cant tell the exact model at the moment) 78" 4k. I can say i am very pleased not only with MSFS but all other games. 

Do you use TrackIR ? 

78 " is huge, I wonder if the TrackIR 5 can be mounted / used /on 65 inches or larger.... 

2 hours ago, Sphynnx said:

78 " is huge, I wonder if the TrackIR 5 can be mounted / used /on 65 inches or larger.... 

You can mount it behind you instead.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I'd go at least 85" so you can sit another 4 feet farther from the display 🤣

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, Sphynnx said:

Do you use TrackIR ? 

Cant say since i dont use TIR. But would be nice to know indeed.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

On 12/31/2021 at 7:40 PM, Noel said:

I'd go at least 85" so you can sit another 4 feet farther from the display 🤣

How large is your " tablet - monitor"? 

LOL