Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Where are the survey results?

Several weeks ago, many of us on this forum were sent email solicitations to complete a survey detailing our flight simming habits. This was a lengthy survey that took me quite a long time to complete. We were promised at the end of this survey that the results would be made public shortly. So where are the published results? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

It stated on the survey that the results would only be shown to the vendors.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, David Mills said:

Several weeks ago, many of us on this forum were sent email solicitations to complete a survey detailing our flight simming habits. This was a lengthy survey that took me quite a long time to complete. We were promised at the end of this survey that the results would be made public shortly. So where are the published results? 

The 2020 results were released January 11, 2021, the 2019 survey was released on February 3, 2020. I wouldn't expect anything yet based on that, although I do know they had been targeting December 17th for the release based on the survey link. The results will be on Navigraph's site when they are ready.

48 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It stated on the survey that the results would only be shown to the vendors.

The survey is always released publicly. https://download.navigraph.com/docs/flightsim-community-survey-by-navigraph-2020-final.pdf

Edited by MrNuke
  • Like 2

I could have sworn that the survey said the results would be published in mid-December.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Still no survey results.

If you took the survey, you will be sent an email when the results are posted. If not, it won't take long before the results will be on just about every flight simulator news source.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Being a nice guy, I voted for the little Cub !

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

9 hours ago, Fielder said:

Being a nice guy, I voted for the little Cub !

The little Fokker always gets my vote.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Here you go. I presume this was the survey you were talking about?

https://blog.navigraph.com/post/671911217281007616/survey2021?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=survey2021&utm_content=blogpost

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Interesting takeaways....(my takeaways - you can find their Summary on page 119)

VR interest appears to be climbing slightly.  There was a large uptick of users purchasing HP Reverb G2's.

MSFS usage appears to be climbing (again you have to consider that most of the population of data comes from Navigraph users, some from Orbx and FSElite)

2/3 of respondents use Navigraph.  1/3 uses Skyvector.  I love skyvector myself.

2/3 of people find real weather "Very important."  This is why METAR weather has to be accurate imo.  I know I'm not the only one.

50% of the people use "flight planning software" "most of the time"

70% of people started learning a new aircraft type.  I assume this means if you used to fly airliners you're now using GA, or vice versa etc.

Many of those people are using video tutorials, additionally many are using video reviews.  Youtube, Twitch and Facebook are most popular. Forum posts still seem somewhat important to people.  I know I like doing my screenshot mini reviews but people prefer video reviews hehe. 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |