Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

NextGen Simulations EMB-110 Update Released

It's been a very long time coming (something they acknowledge on their website) but the service pack for the NextGen Simulations EMB-110 Bandeirante has finally been released (I got the update from Just Flight),

I haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces but big changes look to be new engine sounds, GTN 750 support and an X-Box version
https://nextgensim.com.co/blog/index.php/2021/12/16/status-update-q4-2021

• Like 1

If there are any real world E-110 pilots I would like to hear your thoughts on this creation. I flew the E-110 for a couple years in the mid 1990s and the better part of 2000 hours. In the rw I did enjoy flying this aircraft. One destination was 2200' gravel and our company did single pilot freighters into this accessible by air only community. Really no problem as this is a really capable machine as long as you did everything right.  Came out a lot lighter, lol.

Edited by dbw1
spelling
  • Like 1

The new sounds seem very good to me. A nice update. I like this plane. But there again I like most planes...actually the sounds are a bit weird. Edit: in fact the sounds are rubbish and annoying.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

The new sounds seem very good to me... actually the sounds are a bit weird. in fact the sounds are rubbish and annoying.

So which is it?

Mario Di Lauro

4 minutes ago, tamsini said:

So which is it?

Now I've used it for a flight....thumbs down unfortusntely. Sounds are terrible. Looping and syncopated.

Edited by jarmstro

I've been working with developer and apparently WWIse is not an easy thing to work with.  Imagine spending month reworking your sound and this is the feedback user's get. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Hmmm... For me it got hangarware after inital buy. Now with the update I hoped it would have matured a bit. The sounds for sure can't convince. Sounds a bit like through a dampening headset. What me bothers still is things like rpm changes still not reflected by instruments... who needs a gtn if the basics still not right. Its flying quite nice and feels ok but it needs some more love and passion from the dev. Quite sad cause me think the Bandeirante itself would be quite a cool type. Still not sure what to do with this addon... not giving up on it yet... 

Cheers T.

22 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I've been working with developer and apparently WWIse is not an easy thing to work with.  Imagine spending month reworking your sound and this is the feedback user's get. 

Well I don't doubt the work that has gone into the update. But it's no good me not telling the truth, the new sounds are dreadful and I hope they will be reworked.

4 hours ago, dbw1 said:

If there are any real world E-110 pilots I would like to hear your thoughts on this creation. I flew the E-110 for a couple years in the mid 1990s and the better part of 2000 hours. In the rw I did enjoy flying this aircraft. One destination was 2200' gravel and our company did single pilot freighters into this accessible by air only community. Really no problem as this is a really capable machine as long as you did everything right.  Came out a lot lighter, lol.

Also a long time ago when I flew this airplane, it was the P model (13.1 T).

I still like the steam gauges, so it's a plus for someone looking for something like that.
This particular one is totally unrealistic as to rudder sensitivity during to roll and landing.
Single engine out performance needs work, even the real airplane was a pig and very demanding in such conditions.
So far, I noticed a big discrepancy in GS indication between ADI and HSI. ADI shows full deflection while HSI is right on.
Systems wise I'm very foggy having in view the time-lapse. After about 30 minutes of flying and noticing these issues, it is difficult to give a thumb up.  
emb.jpg

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

For sure making the sounds in WWise must be difficult, I don't have that talent, however I don't like the new sounds too and they are not making justice to that nice plane. Is there a way for linking the default Kingair sounds to the EMB-110?

Alexander Colka

I am OK with the new sounds. They might not be top of the line, but they do not sound like a sewing machine anymore. The old engine sound was the single reason I mothballed the plane right away, but I will probably fly it more often now. Thanks for working on this. The 110 has a lot of potential, I would love to see this model excel.

Peter

6 hours ago, Vlad Tepes3 said:

......So far, I noticed a big discrepancy in GS indication between ADI and HSI. ADI shows full deflection while HSI is right on.

Systems wise I'm very foggy having in view the time-lapse. After about 30 minutes of flying and noticing these issues, it is difficult to give a thumb up.

In addition to problems with the ADI/HSI I had problems with it not following a flight plan. Get to a waypoint and instead of turning right to follow the plan it would take a left and head off to who knows where. Difficult to use with ILS also, between the gauge not being correct it would frequently fail to capture glide slope and sometimes instrument wouldn't show any indication when left or right of the ILS. I'll probably give it another try with the update installed, but not hopeful.

Edited by desbean

When I tried to update the plane inside msfs (I purchased via the marketplace some time ago) I got a CTD, right after the download of the update had completed.  Tried several times with same result.  Figured I'd unistall the plane and just do a clean reinstall.  CTD during the uninstall process.  Manually removed the plane by deleting the folder, then tried a fresh install.  CTD during the install process.  Any ideas?  I guess I'll update to the latest Nvidia driver and report back.  Never had a problem like this with any other add-on.

Edited by jhelix70
clarity

I have been flying the pane since the update and I like it. With regard to the updated sounds the main annoyance is the looping, popping syncopated engines sound files at cruise. Hopefully this can be ironed out please. In other words to a layman it would seem that the sound at the end of the file needs to be synced with the sound at the start of the file. Turning on Prop synchronisation makes no difference.  It sort of sounds like a piston engine which has a regular misfire. Edit. Engine sounds outside the cockpit seem fine?

Edited by jarmstro

The sounds are good for me. Before the update you only heard the prop sound and not the engine.

This is one of my favorite planes. Sure, it has it's faults and some things could be better, but for some reason I love this plane and have more hours in it than all others combined. It's just the perfect size and complexity without being too big or too complex.

James