Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

NVIDIA 497.29 Driver

497.29 driver fixes.

Fixed Issues in this Release

• [Microsoft Flight Simulator]: The game may crash to the desktop during gameplay. [3454519]
  • [Microsoft Flight Simulator]: Purple/blue artifacts appear on ground textures in the game. [3454530]
  • [Supreme Command:Forged Alliance/Supreme Commander 2]: Performance drop occurs when there is mouse movement. [3405920]
  • Desktop may stutter after extended period when mouse cursor is moved. [3443235]
  • In multi-monitor configurations, the screen may display random black screen flicker. [3405228] This is not fixed. NVIDIA - We just fixed this issue and it will be in our next Game Ready Driver in early January.
  • [NVIDIA Control Panel]: Spelling error in the German language NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Shader Cache Size default option. [3442310]

Windows 10/11 Issues

• [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. [200767905] If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
  • [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. [200762998] To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
  • [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]
  • [NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop. [3424721] Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
  • [NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition. [3431284] If HDR is required to be toggled from the Microsoft Control Panel, be sure to switch to a different Image Scaling resolution.
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Yep got all that reverted to an earlier driver, might wait now until at least January next year before doing any more updates. This is getting a bit chaotic between MS and NVIDIA at the moment.

• Like 1

I just tried it (5.3, RTX3080Ti) and then reverted to 496.76 because I was getting horrible intermittent stutter with FPS drop from ~60 to <5 every second or two. Admittedly it was a rubbish test as I only tried one scenario (FSLabs at the gate ORBX ESSA) but I didn’t have time to mess about, plane to catch etc!

will stay on 496.76 for the foreseeable as MSFS seems very stable too.

Edited by dmclark

For me this driver helped a problem that appeared recently.  My AA was not crisp like previously.  But it has restored it back to normal.  So far I'm happy with it.  I've only tried it in p3d

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

5 hours ago, dmclark said:

I just tried it (5.3, RTX3080Ti) and then reverted to 496.76 because I was getting horrible intermittent stutter with FPS drop from ~60 to <5 every second or two. Admittedly it was a rubbish test as I only tried one scenario (FSLabs at the gate ORBX ESSA) but I didn’t have time to mess about, plane to catch etc!

will stay on 496.76 for the foreseeable as MSFS seems very stable too.

I tried it and got the same thing in P3d 5.3 HotFix1.  Several stutters, and several very long freezes.  Reverted back to 471.96.  That driver has never failed me.

I WILL (in the near future) try the new driver again.  I've since verified all my files under ORBX GLOBAL and re-synced ORBX.  I've also deleted my P3d cfg and established a new one.  I'll see if that makes a difference.  There's been so many changes in the last few days with P3d, Active Sky, and the Hotfix that the new driver may have been the straw to break the camel's back.  Perhaps cleaning up things like I mentioned might make a difference.  

Edited by spilok

No problems with this driver on my side (5.3, RTX3090). 

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Yep as I suspected the latest driver is actually fine after investing a bit of time in doing it properly - proper DDU uninstall of old one, delete nvidia CP profile, delete and recreate p3d.cfg (during simultaneous upgrade to 5.3 HF1+)

all running smoothly now, slightly better than prior to HF1+ actually.

On 12/21/2021 at 10:15 PM, spilok said:

I tried it and got the same thing in P3d 5.3 HotFix1.  Several stutters, and several very long freezes.  Reverted back to 471.96.  That driver has never failed me.

I WILL (in the near future) try the new driver again.  I've since verified all my files under ORBX GLOBAL and re-synced ORBX.  I've also deleted my P3d cfg and established a new one.  I'll see if that makes a difference.  There's been so many changes in the last few days with P3d, Active Sky, and the Hotfix that the new driver may have been the straw to break the camel's back.  Perhaps cleaning up things like I mentioned might make a difference.  

I DID go back to the new driver, 497.29. Everything now seems to work beautifully.  I've made numerous flights both long and short, and the new driver has not caused any stuttering, pausing or freezing issues.  I delete shaders every day, apply Season Manager, and fly with Active Sky.  5.3 HF+1 seems to be extremely improved over the 5.3 alone or even the 5.3 HF.  I may be just "wanting it to be true", but it all works great now.  Time will tell, of course.

Stan

Edited by spilok

I've tried that driver too.

In Window Mode the Image Sharpening/Scaling did not work for me.

All newer drivers from 496.13 stopped working for me (Probably cause of my old 1080 card).

Whatever, 496.13 works well for me too :)

Cool that this driver worked for you well spilok!

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️