Sign in to follow this  
vdae

EVERYTHING 9.99$ AT CAPTAIN SIM!

On 12/21/2021 at 6:49 PM, sfgiants13 said:

Not simming as much these days but the 767 for $10 seems like a steal. Cant be any worse than paying full price for the 757 I can barely use because it brings my computer to its knees. 

have you disabled the virtual cabin and lights?

I just checked my emails 15 minutes before the sale ended, and I was lucky enough to grab the 737-300 for 9.99

This way I didn't hold on to my announcement to never spend a cent again into a CS addon. But on the other hand, they didn't either with their announcements about the 767 variants. So, all in all, everthing's fine. I also have that bug with the takeoff state that doesn't work so far. But maybe we can save custom states like in the 757 or 767. If I'm able to save and load a turnaround state or 2, I'm happy. Couldn't try it yet. However, for 10 bucks, it seems a good choice, and I'm almost happy to be forced (by their website) not to buy more in my enthusiasm of how much money I could have saved on anything else that I wouldn't have used anyway (already got the 757 and 767PW and that's good for now).

• Like 1

Regards, Dominik

2 hours ago, VitaminA330 said:

I just checked my emails 15 minutes before the sale ended, and I was lucky enough to grab the 737-300 for 9.99

This way I didn't hold on to my announcement to never spend a cent again into a CS addon. But on the other hand, they didn't either with their announcements about the 767 variants. So, all in all, everthing's fine. I also have that bug with the takeoff state that doesn't work so far. But maybe we can save custom states like in the 757 or 767. If I'm able to save and load a turnaround state or 2, I'm happy. Couldn't try it yet. However, for 10 bucks, it seems a good choice, and I'm almost happy to be forced (by their website) not to buy more in my enthusiasm of how much money I could have saved on anything else that I wouldn't have used anyway (already got the 757 and 767PW and that's good for now).

That's good in a way it's not just me with the ready to takeoff state not working.

Hopefully it will be possible to start it up from cold and dark to ready for takeoff, then save that as a custom state.

I've still had no responses on Captain Sim forum about it, but I don't think there is much traffic there.

Calum Watt

9 minutes ago, WestEnd said:

I've still had no responses on Captain Sim forum about it, but I don't think there is much traffic there.

They have already expressed how much interest they have in doing anything for us P3d folks in a pretty shabby way, when they saw a new money source in (re)creating cheesy default MSFS 747s that look like other Boeings. So don't expect any more P3d support (not saying it won't happen in any way). 10 dollars/Euros anyhow seemed OK for this, but I don't expect anything and try to sort out remaining problems on my own. For that price - and only for that price - it's OK for me. Gonna report back, if I've found anything new about the issue.

• Like 1

Regards, Dominik

22 hours ago, tktheo93 said:

have you disabled the virtual cabin and lights?

Yeah. Didn’t help much. I ended up not being able to get the 767 because either sale ended before I could get the website to load. Tried all day and was never even able to get it to add to cart on my computer or phone.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

So, I go 767 and I cannot belive there were people paying full price.

This seems to be like $30 kind of an addon.  If I would pay even $50 I would be very angry.

&

ugcx_banner.png

1 hour ago, sfgiants13 said:

Yeah. Didn’t help much. I ended up not being able to get the 767 because either sale ended before I could get the website to load. Tried all day and was never even able to get it to add to cart on my computer or phone.

Even lowering the screen reso from the 757 "app" and selecting the light bulb looking option from some menu in the sim. Those alone gave me 20 fps. 

CS sent me a new 777 installer, make of that what you will. See my previous post.

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.