Sign in to follow this  
DougMatthews

SP1 -Clean Install

I currently have a clean install of FSX. Would adding additional aircraft only still be considered a clean install? At present I have made no other changes to FSX while awaiting the release of SP1. Maybe if you see this Phil you could chime in. Thanks CraigASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Super Alien 500W P/STrack IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & Rudders

Guest RBridgers

I think Phil said that the update will work as long as you don't modify any of the original files in FSX. Adding aircraft probably won't affect it.

>> I currently have a clean install of FSX. Would adding>additional> aircraft only still be considered a clean install?>> At present I have made no other changes to FSX while awaiting>the > release of SP1.>> Maybe if you see this Phil you could chime in.>> Thanks> > CraigThe SP1 patch requires the default files to be where the original installer put them, named what the original installer named them, in the same state they were originally in (unmodified). Should be just fine to add aircraft, scenery etc. that does not touch the original files.-Doug@ACES

Guest allcott

Most changes will have taken place in texture or scenery folders, so you could just rename them, then run a repair install from the DVD. But if a repair install does replace existing modified files of the same name with originals, then you might not even need to do that?Allcott

Does 'clean install' even refer to changes in FSX.cfg? I cant imagine that it wouldbut all this talk makes me wonder.The only files I know of that have changed for me is when I installedHorizon VFR but I made backups despite the installers effort to overwrite them.(Horizon should fix that).there is also the dll.xml file that was edited so as to enable the SDK tools. will that also matter?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

>Most changes will have taken place in texture or scenery>folders, so you could just rename them, then run a repair>install from the DVD. >>But if a repair install does replace existing modified files>of the same name with originals, then you might not even need>to do that?>>>AllcottMy understanding is that the patch applies binary deltas to transform a default file to the patched file.-Doug