Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

SP1 and the Franchise: A Nod to Phil and the Team

Phil and colleagues,Just a note of deeply-felt appreciation.The ACES Team's decision to work with the community on the FSX release deserves all our respect. For a year now, the team have done an excellent job in informing everyone about the ups and downs in the program's progress. (It is horrible to imagine what would have happened if FSX were released in its current state and the development team simply stood silent...)With respect to SP1, your personal efforts have been exemplary. You must surely feel frustrated as the building-and-testing process encounters the inevitable ups and downs. Nevertheless, your personal strength of character shows through when you stride out into the spotlight and announce those successes and failures. A tip of my cap to you!Everyone is on the same page here. We all want FSX to succeed both artistically and financially. And your team's extra efforts on SP1 will prove critical to the franchise's future. We're holding our collective breath and wishing you well. Keep up your determined efforts. Take your time. And thanks.Best,Mike MacKuen(This very same sentiment has been eloquently expressed by many others. Hope that we can make our sincere appreciation felt.)(A request to my fellow AVSIMers. Might we please keep this a "troll-free" thread? ty)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

yes, very well said;thanks Mike :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest tango_d

Yep - i'm with ya on that too...Well done ACE's RgsEddy North Wales - UK

>(A request to my fellow AVSIMers. Might we please keep this>a "troll-free" thread? ty)>By troll-free, do you mean that anyone that doesn't share your fawning awe of MS Aces shouldn't post?I am happy to see MS taking a more communicative role, but that does not erase the dismay I still feel at having had FSX delivered unto us customers in its current state.I think approaching this, as I am, with high hopes and low expectations is healthy. After all, if you're getting 12 fps in FSX now, the advertised 20% improvement will be a whopping 14 fps. That won't have folks breaking out into song, unless it's a chorus of "I can't get no satisfaction."In the great words of the immortal yet fictional Yoda, "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case