Sign in to follow this  
CanadaOne

Track IR "technique"?

Guest dpc

I have pause mapped to my center mouse button (clicking the mouse wheel) and the center mapped to botton on my joystick so I never have to go to the keyboard for TIR. I very rarely have to re-center however. I guess I must sit fairly still. I guess my next purchase will probably be a yoke. I bought one years ago but returned it because that hat switch was on the right and I always fly left-handed. It made it hard to look around and use the throttles at the same time. That was before I had the TIR. I'm another one who highly recommends the TIR. I put it right up there with any other hardware purchase for a gaming system. It works great for racing if you're into that as well.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>I find I use the pause key most, mostly because I prefer the>mouse look function for looking around during the enroute>phase of flight. But for take off, and for flying the pattern>before final approach you can't beat that little camera's>utility.>>And incidently, those guys at TrackIR must be raking it in>with all the talk about their device on this, and presumably>other forums!>>Mike.I wish...Don't get me wrong, we love the word of mouth stuff for sure, as that is what our company lives off of.....but raking it in, might be a strech... ;)

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>I'm really interested in TrackIR>>I've seen many a threads regarding it.>>I only run with one LCD 19in monitor. What I don't understand>is how can looking around allow you to still see your monitor?> If you look left, you'll be looking at something else, unless>you have 3 monitors.>>Does it really work like everyone says? I wish I could try it>myself, too bad they don't sell it in stores. 200 bucks is a>lot to spend if it doesn't work out.>>The neat thing is - everyone that gets it seems to REALLY>enjoy it, saying they'll never go back etc. If you buy it>will it work in FS9 and FSX, or do you have to pay more for an>FSX version?>>Thanks for any commentsWorks with FS 9 as well as FSX - no added cost.... just maybe a new software download.We have a 30-day return policy, if you purchase directly from us.The movement is not a 1 to 1 ratio. Just a slight movement of your real world head will move the in-game head upto 180 degrees.

Guest BOPrey

I lean to my body to the right then look left, and lean body to the left look right. I find this more comfortable than moving my head and rolling my eyes at the same time. I also reverse the size movement so when leaning to right and looking left actually puts the view point on the left seat and looking out the left window. By the same token, leaning to left and looking to the right puts the view point on the right seat and looking out the right windows. Works perfectly.

Guest BOPrey

Since you are here. Can I make a request on the profiling tool?It would be nice to be able to set the sensitivity of an axis depending on values of from other axises.

Spose that (30 day return policy) doesn't cover S&H though right?Also, can you tell me about the bundle with the Track clip Pro?I wear headphones almost all the time when gaming (the wife doesn't like to hear all of it LOL, and my headphones are a pair of Altec Lansing...they are fairly large, full over the ear coverage, the band around my head is about .2-.3 inches thick and .6-.7 inches wide. Would the clip Pro fit on my headphones?If not, what are the other head options for just the TrackIR 4? I really hate wearing baseball caps....it would especially annoying me sitting at the computer.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Good luck in all your business endeavours, Vince. The TrackIR device is just what FSX needs, and I'm sure this will be the case with the 60 other titles it supports.And thanks for making yourself available to answer our many questions.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Ryan, your almost there buddy.;-) I wear a golfers peak so my head dosen't get hot to hold the vector clip.Buying TIR4 now includes both the clip and the vector clip so, please yourself what you use.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Well, being an average Joe Lunchbox with a job and two kids, the Track IR is a highly desirable, yet always "maybe in a few paychecks" kind of thing. So...I invented the ToeTrack system. To be honest, I haven't tried it in FS9 or FSX yet, but it's pretty good in the IL2 series of flightsims. You plug a second mouse (everyone has a cheap old mouse lying around)into a USB port, put in on the floor, either tape it to your toes or simply cup your toes around it and Presto!, hands free pan view. It's very surprising how well it works and how intuitive and accurate your toes can move the view around. if you get screwed up, view wise, you just recenter your view on the HOTAS and keep going. It's a bit wonky for A2A but A2G and takeoffs and landings are really great. Hands on the HOTAS, toes on the ToeTrack, eyes on the screen. Immersion, baby, imersion. Is it odd? Yes. Does it work? Well... yes. Is it free? Yes!(But I still want a TrackIR.)

lol.....Do you really do that? hehehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>Since you are here. Can I make a request on the profiling>tool?>>It would be nice to be able to set the sensitivity of an axis>depending on values of from other axises.You already can. When you open , and edit the "Curve editor", you can copy it to the following axes as well.AllAll Rotation (Yaw, Pitch, Roll)All Translation (X, Y, Z)YawPitchRollXYZ

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>Spose that (30 day return policy) doesn't cover S&H though>right?>>Also, can you tell me about the bundle with the Track clip>Pro?>>I wear headphones almost all the time when gaming (the wife>doesn't like to hear all of it LOL, and my headphones are a>pair of Altec Lansing...they are fairly large, full over the>ear coverage, the band around my head is about .2-.3 inches>thick and .6-.7 inches wide. >>Would the clip Pro fit on my headphones?>>If not, what are the other head options for just the TrackIR>4? I really hate wearing baseball caps....it would especially>annoying me sitting at the computer.>Correct, that does not cover S & H.Fits headset bands up to 1 1/4" wide and up to 1/2" thick

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>Good luck in all your business endeavours, Vince. The TrackIR>device is just what FSX needs, and I'm sure this will be the>case with the 60 other titles it supports.>>And thanks for making yourself available to answer our many>questions.>>Mike.No issues, glad to help out, when I can.

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Sipos!"(...) when ever you turned your head the projector would move in the same direction so your eyes are always on the screen (...)"You're kidding, aren't you? If not, you've just invented the most useless gadget for flightsim ever (grin)!I can see where you come from and what you want to do, but it's not to be done the way you describe it. What you need is a projector with a larger field: when you turn your head you see a different part of that field. You definitely don't want a projector that turns with your head: all it would do is show you the exact same picture continuously, wherever your head turns.Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

"lol.....Do you really do that? hehehe"Sure do. I blew through two rolls of scotch tape trying to find the best spot to attach it to under your foot. In the end, cupped under your big toe, index toe, and middle toe is best, and I did notice that one foot moved the mouse more intuitively than the other.I tried leaning my foot against a board at about a 30 degree angle, that worked well if I rested the heel of my mouse foot on the bridge of my other foot to take the pressure off. You don't want to crush the mouse or have to support the weight of your whole leg. You cramp up pretty quick like that. Finally, just resting your toes on the mouse flat on the floor worked well, even with no tape. You can put a fair bit of pressure on a mouse and still move it around with ease. After a few minutes, I was pulling off great takeoffs and landing in IL2. The freedom of viewing was great!I admit this sounds ridiculous, but I just want to have fun flying and I'm telling you, this works and it's free. (Did I mention that it's free already, because it is, free that is.) Hands on HOTAS, eyes on screen, toes on mouse. :-hah